Nokia 7 Plus USB-C charging port fail in build quality - Page 4

<blockquote class="Quote"> <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/kofogt">kofogt</a>…

Nokia 7 Plus USB-C charging port fail in build quality

Comments

• Abhi019 Abhi019
    ✭✭  / 
    <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/kofogt">kofogt</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">I regret buying nokia 7 plus and I will now always be an advocate against nokia.  The bluetooth does not work, port not working.  Worst phone ever.  Never ever buy nokia again.  You people suck. </div>
    </blockquote>
    Bro how many users will support me for complaint against Nokia for duping customer
    With Bad charging Port..I want to file a case at Consumer Court in India..
  • Larache Larache
    ✭✭  / 
    The same problem here
    someone knows the direction of the technical service nokia Barcelona Spain
  • Mithradir Mithradir
    ✭✭  / 
    Just recieved my phone back from Nokia (Ireland to iQor Hungary)  in under a week. There is a visible piece of metal around the charging port, I'm not sure if this is to keep it from moving, hopefully it helps my issue. Have many people had issues with their charging port after it returning from repair?
  • Leaskovski Leaskovski
    ✭✭  / 
    Mithradir said:
    Just recieved my phone back from Nokia (Ireland to iQor Hungary)  in under a week. There is a visible piece of metal around the charging port, I'm not sure if this is to keep it from moving, hopefully it helps my issue. Have many people had issues with their charging port after it returning from repair?
    Can you post an image of the charging port with the change?
  • Dear nokia

Don`t let me regret on the decision of remaining loyal with the company . I really felt sorry for those who bought nokia 7 plus on my opinion . This phone is not bad if you solve the charging jack issue . My phone is just one year old and is just like new ...but it is of no use if it is not get charging . I am among the first customer who bought this . Please help me in providing the solution . I don`t want to regret on my decision. Help!!!!!!
  • Vivek J Vivek J
    ✭✭  / 
    Dear nokia

Don`t let me regret on the decision of remaining loyal with the company . I really felt sorry for those who bought nokia 7 plus on my opinion . This phone is not bad if you solve the charging jack issue . My phone is just one year old and is just like new ...but it is of no use if it is not get charging . I am among the first customer who bought this . Please help me in providing the solution . I don`t want to regret on my decision. Help!!!!!!
    I read somewhere that they have finally decided to replace the usb-c ports for some models incl N7+. You have to send it to Nokia care. Has anyone done that ?? Any further details ?
  • Can u please confirm this where u read this news ? As i asked care center they said there is no such information.
  • Vivek J Vivek J
    ✭✭  / 
    Can u please confirm this where u read this news ? As i asked care center they said there is no such information.
    I am unable to post the link here
  • Vivek J Vivek J
    ✭✭  /  edited July 26
  • Vivek J Vivek J
    ✭✭  / 
    Not sure how authentic that is though.. 
  • user1533874898902 user1533874898902
    ✭✭  / 
    Yes.
    Nokia did repair my phone as it was under warranty.
    I shipped it out for repair. Took a week.
    Got it back today morning.
  • Ellem Ellem
    ✭✭  /  edited September 5
    As many others experienced, my USB port started failing after 6 months. I had it replaced free of charge by Nokia as it was under warranty. However, in the process, they managed to make about 4 or 5 micro scratches (each about 1.5 cm long) on the screen. The shop manager was really nice and ordered a brand new phone for me instead of sending it again to change the screen this time. He told me it was not the first time they've had problems with Nokia, not being very gentle when repairing phones. Do check your phones when returned to you.
    Fast forward 5 months and the USB port of my new Nokia 7 Plus is starting to fail (despite being extra careful all this time and charging the phone flat on a table or using a stand). I was expecting it to happen to be honest but this is totally unacceptable.
    The USB port design is definitely faulty (no support at the back) and I would also question the quality of the material. 
    I won't buy Nokia/HMD again, which is a pity as the phone is really good otherwise.
    Maybe we should all start a class action. lol
  • Hello everyone,

Joining the flow of complaints! Bought the device by the end of April 2018 and it started to fail August 2019 (somehow i'm lucky i managed to get this far without the issue).

Only one side of the charging cable works, the other doesn't charge at all. Before that both sides were working fine. I tried with several cables and chargers but obtained the same results. So the port seems faulty

I live in EU, so i have 2 years of warranty instead of 1. Sent the phone back to the retailer to get it  fixed. It has been a bit more than 2 weeks. The retailer told me it will take 3 weeks but I expect it to take longer. 

I don't have any backup phone so… Nokia, disconnecting people! :wink:
  • Same issue, bought the phone in Germany, live in Ukraine. I had to replace the port by myself, paid around 30$
  • pete81 pete81
    ✭✭  / 
    I have this exact same problem with my 7 plus. Have to be really careful when connecting the charging cable to phone and the quick charge is not working. This phone is disgrace for the name Nokia. Most sh*tty phone I have ever owned 😠. Phones should not be breaking down in under a year of use. Of course this means I still have warranty on the phone and going to get it repaired. it's just difficult since I don't have backup phone that I could use while this peace of junk is being repaired. And what I have understood it can take even month to get the phone back from repair.
  • Mswamdeo Mswamdeo
    ✭✭  /  edited October 6
    Such problems kills your enthusiasm, which I have lost ever since my phone started this problem. I dont see the phone the same again, knowing I have to take the phone for repairs before it gets solved. I wonder if the new Nokias also possess such Issues cos I was seriously considering getting the 7.2. It will go a long way if Nokia admits such issues; at least we will know that they will take care of it in their future phones.
  • OviToad OviToad
    ✭✭  / 
    Mswamdeo said:
    Such problems kills your enthusiasm... knowing I have to take the phone for repairs before it gets solved.... It will go a long way if Nokia admits such issues; at least we will know that they will take care of it in their future phones.
    Exactly! Be glad if you even have the option to get your Nokia repaired. Nokia refuses to repair the two 7 plus that I bought because "they were designed for the Taiwan market"!?!!??
    Nokia won't even let me PAY myself to send the phones to any Nokia service center. Nokia repeatedly tells me that there is no warranty on this variant and they refuse to do anything. I was in Germany for a bit and could have sent the phones to that service center but I can't even use the normal web interface to submit a ticket and contacting customer service leads to only dead ends and dead phones. (I was able to do a self repair on 1 of my 2 phones to prevent the complete death but the 2nd one is totally a brick now and cannot be charged)
    Shame on you Nokia!!!
    I was such a fan that I went out of my way to purchase your products. Nokia, however, made manufacturing mistakes and now is trying everything to avoid responsibility and won't let me send in the phone for repair.
    I CANT WAIT UNTIL THE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT, because this time Nokia, you deserved it.
  • cp44 cp44
     / 
    I have totally given up on this phone and nokia In general.what a waste.the moment you see hundreds of users having the same problem, that is a red flag.I have never had a phone and noticed a problem with it within the first year of purchase.And to have to ship it to the country of origin/source of supply in UAE where warranty is valid and not being able to repair in service Centre in the country I am in Kenya is utterly dissapointing. Wasted my hard earned money.will buy from another brand.HMD you should have recalled this phone because of charging issue period!
  • Lazysince1995 Lazysince1995
    ✭✭✭  / 
    In sept only I got repaired my 6.1 plus from service center and after 40 days I'm facing same charging issue now. And service center asking the charges for the same now coz my phone is not in warranty now...

Don't know for how many times we need to get it fixed again and again for company's component failure.
  • LeeW LeeW
    ✭✭  / 
    I've set up a new facebook group here (couldn't find a central place for discussion) - https://www.facebook.com/groups/Nokia.USB.C.Issue/