How to use cast features to connect with smart tv

Plz anyone know how to connect nokia 6 to smart tv becoz cast features doesn' t with my tv and even mirroring apps does't work from play store

How to use cast features to connect with smart tv

user279 user279
 /  edited October 2017
Plz anyone know how to connect nokia 6 to smart tv becoz cast features doesn' t with my tv and even mirroring apps does't work from play store

Comments

• user770 user770
     /  edited May 2018
    Same issue can't find a solution
  • Hello. TV with Android operating system (Philips) is connected. With the operating system Tizen (Samsung) no. Nexus 5 connects everywhere. Wrote to technical support of Nokia.

• user279 user279
     / 
    Yes android os work with other mobile device but not with nokia
  • Android OS works with Nokia (TV Philips).

• user279 user279
     / 
    Can you tell me how did u connect?
  • At the top to open the shutter. The symbol stream. If not, add with a pencil.

• https://yadi.sk/i/Cg1Dxt6l3MP4M8    Right symbol. Трансляция

• user277 user277
     /  edited May 2018
    Unable to use cast feature to connect to smart TV..
  • user277 user277
     /  edited February 2018
    Bought a Nokia 6 recently, tried using cast option to connect to my smart TV, but it's not working.
    Any suggestions??
  • Satya vardhan Satya vardhan
     /  edited January 2018
    Why us miracast feature absent on nokia 6 and wireless display option??? We want wireless display feature.
  • user296 user296
     /  edited August 2018
    I have tried casting my screen with cast option of Nokia 6 but I always get "no nearby device found" on cast setting screen and I don't find option to enable wireless display .I have tried using other third party screen mirroring apps but getting landed to same cast screen where there is message of no nearby device is pe.please help to resolve this as I want to cast my phone on my smart tv
  • I have tried casting my screen with cast option of Nokia 6 but I always get "no nearby device found" on cast setting screen and I don't find option to enable wireless display .I have tried using other third party screen mirroring apps but getting landed to same cast screen where there is message of no nearby device is pe.please help to resolve this as I want to cast my phone on my smart tv
  • user206 user206
     /  edited May 2018
    Unable to cast Nokia 6 screen with Samsung smart TV.
    I never had problem with other phones like One Plus One, Micromax, Moto, MI.
    Tried the Google Home App too but back to square one.
    Hope Nokia team is aware of the issue and will release the update if they have plan to do.
  • user1507749883912 user1507749883912
     /  edited October 2017
    Apparently Nokia's compilation of the Android OS disables WiFi-Direct and hence Miracast. Chromecast is supported.

Nexus 6P had similar issues when upgraded to Nougat. I suspect the only solution would be either through a new firmware or an alternative firmware like Lineage...
  • Try localcast search on google play
    I can connect and operate my samsung smart tv which is 5yrs old via allshare
    Its working
    Also try Web video cast if you want to play youtube videos on your tv
  • Looks like Google has removed Miracast from Nougat onwards becuase they want to force to buy Chromecast instead. Same issue with Nexus. Solution: Root the Android.

• user1514293044701 user1514293044701
     /  edited January 2018
    I also assume miracast is not supported by Nokia 6 even though it is an Android built in feature. You can only have the button, but you can't find any device to connect.
    It is supported by Huawei and Samsung
    Could Nokia expert solve this issue as well?
  • Same for me but you can enebe miracast by rooting a device but your warranty is invalid.
  • user1525848228546 user1525848228546
     /  edited May 2018

I have had a chat with Nokia support and the solution suggested by them is to buy Google Home Device (which cost approx INR 5000/-) to cast your screen to TV. Really surprised with the suggested solution. Other phones connect to TV just in one touch.

• Very disappointed with this new nokia 6 as i cant seem to cast / mirror to my Samsung smart bd player , this is the only phone ive had, that has had this problem with my Samsung smart bd player, except a rotten apple .
    This is Not a good nokia.
  • The only solution is to root your Android One phones and then use a tool to enable Miracast feature. Also stop buying Android One phones, it encourages Google to force monopoly in the mobile phone market.
  • Not possible with nokia nok required Google Chrome cast and one router
  • Nokia 5.1 plus , cast screen not working
  • You need to buy a ChromeCast device OR you can use the "web video caster" application for free to stream web media or media stored on your phone to your TV (works with LG smart tv)
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    According to the Wifi Alliance the Nokia 6 should support Miracast. If HMD have removed Miracast support then the certification should probably be revoked: https://www.wi-fi.org/product-finder-results?sort_by=default&sort_order=desc&categories=4&subcategories=38&capabilities=2&companies=4563600

There are some methods in this thread which you can try to get it working on your phone: https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/22177/solution-to-cast-screen-without-chromecast