Nokia 7 plus continuously hangs. Device unusable until locked and unlocked again. - Page 13

Eh estado usando el Nokia 7 plus y me va de maravilla! Es rápido! Y no me pasa ningún problema

Nokia 7 plus continuously hangs. Device unusable until locked and unlocked again.

Comments

• Eh estado usando el Nokia 7 plus y me va de maravilla! Es rápido! Y no me pasa ningún problema
  • seddik seddik
    ✭✭  / 
    After the last august update the problem is almost gone...and when say almost I mean it may occurs once every now and then but it is not that annoying as it was before
  • dikkedikkie dikkedikkie
    ✭✭  / 
    seddik said:
    After the last august update the problem is almost gone...and when say almost I mean it may occurs once every now and then but it is not that annoying as it was before
    same
  • 7plus I am using since last 1 year, but from last month device is getting hang every now and then. During photography also it hangs. Is it the memory issue or some update issue.
  • chandra1 chandra1
    ✭✭  / 
    Hello HMD, I am also facing the same issue where the screen goes unresponsive randomly and upon lock and unlocking the screen works back. When I contact support they asked me to do a soft reset the phone but that doesn't helped and still I'm facing screen unresponsiveness. What would be steps to resolve this screen unresponsive issue as at times the happening very frequent in a day. 
  • Any European get the bug repaired in the Hungarian Nokia mobile care center? What will they do if i send it there?
  • dmt1992 dmt1992
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I posted this issue in this website many times now. No change. It's getting so annoying now. No more Nokia.
  • iamkrishna08 iamkrishna08
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    chandra1 said:
    Hello HMD, I am also facing the same issue where the screen goes unresponsive randomly and upon lock and unlocking the screen works back. When I contact support they asked me to do a soft reset the phone but that doesn't helped and still I'm facing screen unresponsiveness. What would be steps to resolve this screen unresponsive issue as at times the happening very frequent in a day. 
    Same happened with me but hard reset healed it.
  • Pranoy Pranoy
    ✭✭  / 
    Same issue, suffered for months, tried every method mentioned but here's what worked for me:
    I tried that double tap trick but didn't work then I kept the double tap feature off by mistake for about a week and when I checked that after a week I turned it on. Everything is fine after that. Playing PUBGM was horrible before that. 
  • I am facing a similar situation, but mine hangs while playing games or browsing , sometimes on its own and then it reboots by its self , after it hangs it shows blank , I need help pls
  • After trying disabling double tap to wake feature the problem still persisted. I visited Nokia service center and they reinstalled the stable build of Oreo. According to them the latest release was problematic. HMD global should really test the software before they give it to customers. This is really frustrating because even the cheapest handsets don't suffer from this issue. But even after installing fresh software there's no guarantee that the phone will work smoothly. I bought the 7 plus solely because it'll get Android P. But if their are so many problems in HMD Globals Oreo implementation I wonder how many problems we're going to face in the Android P update. I'm simply not happy with what HMD Global is doing with the software side of things. How do u think u r going to regain the trust of customers under the Nokia name when u can't provide a stable phone? HMD global needs to think deeply about this situation. I can say this for sure that Xiaomi has much better software. At least it is stable.
    You are right , it's a high specs device but it is too problematic, software issue , bugs , and so many other things ,I am disappointed at HMD Global

• Sujeet797 Sujeet797
    ✭✭  / 
    I m continuing with the same issue
  • chandra1 chandra1
    ✭✭  / 
    chandra1 said:
    Same happened with me but hard reset healed it.
    But it worked well for two days, but again the issue started and annoying more.... Nobody from HMD cares about this issue... Disappointing.... 
  • Aof Aof
    ✭✭  / 
    I tried to Factory Reset 3 Times but not fix....I think it's a hardware issue
  • durr-e-adan durr-e-adan
    ✭✭  / 
    Got this phone yesterday and I'm facing the same issue.
  • seddik seddik
    ✭✭  / 

The issue remain unsolved untill this day. Sadly I cannot afford to buy a new device so I am hoping that the issue will be fixed with the upcoming android 10 update.

• mansoor syed mansoor syed
    ✭✭  / 

O my! Having similar kind of problem.

While I'm watching YouTube and when screen is rotated, screen hangs and the sound also hangs. Phone starts screening till the battery

• Faisal2715 Faisal2715
    ✭✭  / 

I got it done in Hungarian center.

First time i sent there they just reflashed the software. The phone worked well for a few days and then problem back

Next time I sent them and asked specifically to replace screen. They did and issue was totally gone.

I had to switch to horrible iPhone for a few days while my Nokia got repaired, but i am glad it got solved. Paid nothing (under warranty), free shipping and delivery back through DHL.

• seddik seddik
    ✭✭  / 

It is offical guys... Updating to Android 10 did not solve the problem.. Guess we'll have to adapt somehow 😔

• AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Nope screen freezing is gone for me, i had factor reset the device after updating the device

• Aof Aof
    ✭✭  / 

I tried to factory reset more than 3 time but not fix....

• bvanaerde bvanaerde
    ✭✭  / 

Glad to hear you got it fixed. This seems to be the only real solution. Everybody else should try to do the same, or try to get a refund somehow.

• vineeth56 vineeth56
     / 

Issue persists even after factory reset or android10 update

• Manjeet Poonia Manjeet Poonia
    ✭✭  / 

After updating Android 10 I am also facing the same problem. Screen hanged again again and only solution is lock and unlock again. This problam occurred many times in a single day. Is there any solution?

• seddik seddik
    ✭✭  / 
  • boatbluejay boatbluejay
    ✭✭  / 

Try turnng off adaptive brightness

• Send in the display, mine was repaired twice, now I got a replacement device and there are no more bugs.

• Naveen Naveen
    ✭✭  / 

I had similar issue. My screen got damaged. I have replaced it now. For 3 days I did not see any this issue. So it is a hardware issue. Those who are facing and under warranty better to replace the screen

• surfer dad surfer dad
    ✭✭  / 

I stupidly rushed out and bought a Nokia 7 plus when my phone died and have not been able to use it due to this "screen" issue.

It's been returned under warranty via the retailer her in Australia and it got a new screen.

The "freeze" unresponsive and need to reboot, lock unlock had gone after new screen.

But, the navigation button issue (freeze, not work, lock, whatever you call it) then was an issue (wasn't issue with old screen).

So, it's gone back to retailer for another warranty repair.

I WISH I DID NOT BUY NOKIA.... Again. Stupid me.

As buyer influencer for my corporate business with 2000+ phones, users, we have made executive decision to NEVER BUY Nokia.

This 7 plus phone issue is a repeating problem with Nokia. They do not test Android with hardware enough. Fast updates still need to work!

I have Nokia try. 3 phones, 3 ongoing issues taking WAY TOO LONG TO FIX. Silly company Nokia.

Users need phone that works.

• Aof Aof
    ✭✭  / 

Now I found the way to fix this touchscreen freeze....I bought new phone not use Nokia anymore...