Nokia seems to be losing touch when it comes to updates...

There's no february security update or android 10. Why nokia stays quiet? Would be nice to have some information...

Nokia seems to be losing touch when it comes to updates...

Krisaal87 Krisaal87
✭✭  /  edited February 2020

There's no february security update or android 10. Why nokia stays quiet? Would be nice to have some information... I've been away from nokia 1 year and it seems they are losing touch totally... Not only with nokia 6.2... other phones seems to be having lot of update problems nowdays. I think they should make lot less phones and concentrate quality of operating system.

Comments

• Hasan Raza Hasan Raza
    ✭✭  / 

I was thinking the same i bought nokia 6.2 with in mind that it will get the updates alot quicker but here we sitting and waiting.

• Kimble303 Kimble303
    ✭✭✭  / 

February Security Patch seems to be widely available for at least Nokia 5.1, 6.1, 7.1, 8.1, and 7+.

But of course not for 6.2. And when it comes to Android 10...

• Zimmermann Zimmermann
    ✭✭✭  / 

My hope is that it's because Feb security patch will arrive with Android 10 very soon, at least before March security patch...

• Krisaal87 Krisaal87
    ✭✭  /  edited March 2020

Only february security update....

Why can't nokia just tell us what's going on with android 10...it would cool down many peoples minds. Not knowing anything sucks...

Even samsung is doing better these days with their heavy modified android....and announcments about android 10

• Zimmermann Zimmermann
    ✭✭✭  / 

Exactly, if they announced that Android 10 comes to Nokia 6.2 in September, I'd by just cool with, **** happens. But Nokia just refuses to communicate. They rather spend time and resources on announcing silly photography contests on their Twitter and posting annoying adds. I'm seriously considering selling Nokia 6.2 and getting phone from another brand. Maybe Apple or Samsung could get away with something like this but Nokia is striving to get their little piece of the smartphone market. You can't just ignore your customers if you want to attract more people buying your products.

• udangana udangana
    ✭✭✭  / 

Actually the updates are just too late

• I find it extremely weird again as I did when they launched the windows phone. It looks like even though Nokia has the knowledge to make fantastic phones after a while everything seems to turn off. It's a shame at least for me since I be always had Nokia phones.

• manishsaini776 manishsaini776
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia is waste of time and money. No Bug Fixes for 3 Months. Nokia simply asking customers to visit service center instead of fixing Bugs. Waste Service By Nokia.

• Krisaal87 Krisaal87
    ✭✭  /  edited March 2020

I'm going back to samsung a series. Been using nokia for few months now and nothing seems to be working. Seems a bit like hmd/nokia is falling down very soon. They've been going downhill very fast in a year. And they think more phones is answer for everything. It's not the devices that are the biggest problem. It's updates, support and everything what's behind the phones. New phones makes their life even harder because they can't handle the raising number of devices with their recourses... No money no funny...

• Zimmermann Zimmermann
    ✭✭✭  / 

I agree that waiting for Android 10 is long and seems that the whole Android One program doesn't work, or actually makes things even works. And Nokia is not responding to questions about it. But I'm far from agreeing that "nothing seems to be working". Actually everything else works really good. Support is one of the best I've ever experienced for any product at all, the response is instantaneous and always very helpful. I didn't ask the online support about Android 10 update though because I know they won't have answer to that.

• Krisaal87 Krisaal87
    ✭✭  /  edited March 2020

Finally... Few weeks more. This was what i was waiting. Some info instead of silence.

• C.Manivannan C.Manivannan
    ✭✭✭  / 

Good decision, because Samsung have official flash tool and pc suite for flashing mobile your self downgrade or upgrade your decision...

But nokia care doesn't support for downgrade and they don't have proper recovery tools...😢😢😢