Google Camera Go - no HMD camera app this time?

Hi all, I was just looking at the specs for the new 1.3 again and something occurred to me - HMD will use Google Camera Go app.

Google Camera Go - no HMD camera app this time?

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi all,

I was just looking at the specs for the new 1.3 again and something occurred to me - HMD will use Google Camera Go app. I presume this is a camera app, therefore does this mean that HMD won't provide their own camera app on this phone at all?

Does this mean that when the Nokia 1, 2.1 and 1 plus get updated to Android Q that they will get the Camera Go app as well? What about the C1 and C2? Can anyone back-port this app to Android 9 phones?

Cheers 🙂

Comments

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

I personally am very much interested in this new camera go app by google for such low end devices. The main highlights of this app are portrait and low light photos which most people are attracted to. This also has to have a very good performance as it is coming from the makers of GCam. Having a good performing camera at such low end device is a very positive thing. Also, this will reduce the work load of OEM's. 😁

Coming to the availability, I hope the Google Camera Go app will be available to download from the Play store for all Android GO smartphones. Or else someone will have to port it for other phones. The launch promo mentioned that the app is deeply integrated with the camera hardware of the phone so, we will have to see if old phones receive it via an update or not. It would be a nice addition if they provide it to old Android Go phones. A nice little thing to get excited for when Android 10 hits older devices. :)

• Lawss Lawss
    ✭✭✭  / 

HMD has to bring Google cam to all the phones as well all know that Nokia stock app is crap, which never gets any update and each phone comes with different build numbers and features.

• It necessarily is not crap, but the no updates for the camera app is true. And yes, every phone has a different build but has different features, according to the hardware for achieving better performance from the available hardware.