Unlock bootloader after you receive your 2nd OS update.

HMS GLOBAL says that each handset will receive 2 OS Upgrades.

Unlock bootloader after you receive your 2nd OS update.

Quinton Petersen Quinton Petersen
✭✭  / 

HMS GLOBAL says that each handset will receive 2 OS Upgrades.

I'm using the Nokia 3.1and I am not able to unlock my bootloader. I feel that because I paid cash for my 3.1 it is mine and I should be able to unlock the bootloader if I want...

It's like buying a car but they don't give you a way to open the bonnet if you want to change some parts ..

Can you allow the Nokia 3.1 to unlock bootloader after Android 10 update please...

That is the main reason I purchased this phone because I could use OEM unlock but when it updated from Android 8 to 9 ,i lost access to that .

Please can you guys fix this please!!

Tagged:

Comments

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    Super User  /  edited April 16

Sadly, HMD Global doesn't allow bootloader unlocking and we cannot unlock our devices officially. There is an unofficial way to unlock the bootloader of Nokia phones but that's a paid method.

• Mrigendra Mrigendra
    ✭✭  / 

Yeah! Like seriously I don't know whats wrong with bootloader unlocking so that Nokia is not allowing it. Unofficial developement for Nokia phones is as good as dead. I used to have a Samsung Galaxy J7 2015 which was updated to Marshmallow only but you can find Lineage 17.1 on XDA for it.

If Nokia doesn't provide bootloader unlock I'm afraid I'll buy any Nokia phone in the future. Even if some of us pay for unofficial bootloader unlocking I'm afraid there won't be sufficient people for unofficial development.

• keywan2019 keywan2019
    ✭✭  / 

I think this is a fair request. (i.e) HMD Global can show some (or more) community responsibility by unlocking.

Land fills may be reduced.

1. There are people that need only few apps.
    2. I know some NGOs that have minimal data plans
    3. They can use a ROM without (data guzzling) google play and help poor people connect to internet (yes with a browser)

Many thanks for talking and discussing inside HMD Global.