[Moved] Is Nokia 6.1 plus waterproof ?

While I'm drinking water the water accidentally fell on my Nokia 6.1 plus screen near the speaker and headjack . I immediately cleaned the device .

[Moved] Is Nokia 6.1 plus waterproof ?

user1535134228343 user1535134228343
 /  edited April 22
While I'm drinking water the water accidentally fell on my Nokia 6.1 plus screen near the speaker and headjack . I immediately cleaned the device . It works fine but now it behaving in a way that sounds pop up unnecessarily without a notification . What do I do now ? Is this device splash proof or water proof ?
Tagged:

Comments

• No this dumb phone is not water proof.
  • Thanuj Thanuj
    ✭✭✭  / 
    While I'm drinking water the water accidentally fell on my Nokia 6.1 plus screen near the speaker and headjack . I immediately cleaned the device . It works fine but now it behaving in a way that sounds pop up unnecessarily without a notification . What do I do now ? Is this device splash proof or water proof ?
    Accidental splashes are fine when you wipe the phone clean immediately. Regarding the notification sound, I think it is some app going rogue, Try Safe mode to be sure.

@rajan sharma No need of any negativity here, Many poeple i know are perfectly fine and happy with the device as it is :smile:
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 
    I'd suspect that some water went into the speaker and hence there's no sound. Advisable to keep it in rice bag overnight :)
  • Indian88446 Indian88446
    ✭✭  / 

My nokia 6.1 plus (October 2019 model) is irreparable (according to Nokia authorized service center) due to water splash. Can mother board get faulty with splash of water?

• Indian88446 Indian88446
    ✭✭  / 

I got ₹ 17000/- repair cost estimation from service center. This is double the cist if bew phone! I made mistake in buying such low quality phone. No doubt Nokia is losing market share due to quality issues.

• Curi_e_ous Curi_e_ous
     / 

Same problem here and the same estimate too. Sent a mail to nokia for resolution. I have asked for a copy of the system generated job sheet number and waiting for it for the past 7 days. Will decide next course of action after seeing the job sheet.