Here's a quick guide on how to keep our phones safe from potentially harmful germs.
Before you get started
- Wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds with hand soap before cleaning your handset.
- Ensure your phone is unplugged from any wall outlets, docking stations, or wired connection.
- Remove the case from your phone if you are using one.
- Ensure any openings or ports on your phone are closed where possible.
Which products you should not use on your smartphone or feature phone
- Do not use hand gels, abrasive wipes or chemicals (including bleach and pure alcohol) on your handset, since this can damage the protective coating on your phone.
- Do not submerge your phone in cleaning agents or apply cleaning fluids directly to your handset, as this may cause damage to the device.
- Avoid using any abrasive materials that could scratch and damage your mobile phone.
How to clean your smartphone or feature phone using water and hand soap
- Lightly wipe your phone with a damp microfibre cloth with water and hand soap watching out not to wipe any liquid into any of the openings.
- Dry your phone with a clean microfibre cloth to ensure no moisture remains, and to ensure any potential marks are removed.
How to safely disinfect and clean with an alcohol wipe
- Using a 70% isopropyl alcohol wipe, lightly wipe your phone while avoiding any open ports or openings. These should be available from most pharmacies depending on stock.
- Wipe your handset with a clean microfibre cloth to ensure no moisture is present, and to remove any potential marks.
Stay safe, stay connected.