[Merged] Issue: Facing random touch freezes in games (COD Mobile // PUBG) - Page 2

I raised complaints through email and on twitter. After a few troubleshooting tips they stopped replying.

[Merged] Issue: Facing random touch freezes in games (COD Mobile // PUBG)

Comments

• roshanja roshanja
    ✭✭  / 

I raised complaints through email and on twitter. After a few troubleshooting tips they stopped replying.

This is an old issue faced by a lot of users of other models too, seems like we are stuck with this crapPy phone. Either buy a new phone or wait for a miracle.

You can go to twitter and make some noise. I did. IT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

• Mozika Mozika
    ✭✭  / 

One tested working solution is to disable all animation in settings > developer option. There are 3 options for me and have tested thia through our the day. Instead of 100 freezes have got 2-3. Can live with it now. Will wait for an update though.

• Mewan Mewan
    ✭✭  / 

I also have the problem when i report it they dont care about the issue they only thinking about their **** sales

• bendruno_007 bendruno_007
     / 

@singhnsk wanted to ask a question for long. I'm using Nokia 5 TA-1053 (android 9). HMD global apps said "Device not supported for unlocking bootloader". Any way to unlock this?

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Hi, they do not allow bootloader unlocking on any of their models (except for Nokia 8 where it was briefly offered). So, you cannot use the Bootloader Unlocker app :)

• anandacollege1 anandacollege1
    ✭✭  / 

I'm also having this problem any solutions ? I have also done everything i could still same thing.recovery also not working.even after using few hours can see previous images on current display.I'm rreally frustrated and feel bad about trusting nokia.It was a good brand long time ago but not now.they should stop making phones if they cannot ssatisfy thier customers.just after few months this hahappens unacceptable.

• Mozika Mozika
    ✭✭  / 

Guys can anyone confirm this.

I am also having this issue with the display: https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/58836/my-nokia-7-2-is-suffering-from-burn-in-screen-problem-how-it-can-be-removed

So basically what happens is, say you have a icon in the status bar for 5-10 mins and when you dismiss it the icon is faintly displayed on the screen as if it was printed there. It goes away after a while.

It seems we are dealing with a display problem and hmd should recall all the phones otherwise you just wasted your money.

• Derrick Kirwa Derrick Kirwa
    ✭✭  / 

Same on my Nokia 7.2. It is so annoying, I've been killed a couple of times because of Nokia😣.

I wish I could unbuy this phone

• Santa700 Santa700
    ✭✭  / 

Anybody having lagging issue in game when approaching to enemies... Try to use a 8 gb or 16gb memory card in sd slot and assign it as portable.. check it if the problem persist or gone away. Give a feedback.

• Mewan Mewan
    ✭✭  / 

gUys lets tweet for the ceo of nokia named pekka lundmark

guys we try to tell nokia but they did not care about the issue

so lets go after the bosses of nokia

• Mewan Mewan
    ✭✭  / 

And also this man

https://twitter.com/sarvikas

• JK7 JK7
    ✭✭  /  edited May 23

I had a random screen freeze when I play COD mobile, like it freezes for more than 5 times in a single game, it was so frustrating. I did a little google search and found that running low on storage might be one its cause.

I noticed, lower the storage more the screen freeze while playing COD (in my case). So I cleared up my storage space and freed up few memory space. It's been two days now, I haven't faced even a single screen freeze while playing COD.

Clearing up the storage space and freeing up memory helped me. Until Nokia comes up with any update to fix it, this might be the temporary solution. Do try and see, if it works for you as well.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Hi, thanks! How much free storage are you keeping? I am with over 7GB of free internal and it is still annoying me randomly xD

• Mewan Mewan
    ✭✭  / 

freeing up space want help to fix the issue because i have 48 gb free in internal storage

• JK7 JK7
    ✭✭  / 

Initially I had few MBs space remaining, i freed upto 8GB and that fixed for me.

• JK7 JK7
    ✭✭  / 

Freezing might be due to multiple scenario, in my case it was due to less storage space.

• Kaykola Kaykola
    ✭✭  / 

Does this still work? Still facing the same issue on my device

• Kaykola Kaykola
    ✭✭  / 
  • Kaykola Kaykola
    ✭✭  / 

Please does anyone have a solution to this problem? It's really frustrating!!!!

• yuuyatails yuuyatails
    ✭✭  / 

I don't know if I should say this, but from the look of it, the freezing might be related to the available system memory and (in some cases) available internal storage.

If the game is too demanding in system memory usage, the 7.2 in its lower variant (4GB RAM + 64 GB storage) might suffers from freezing as available system memory is not enough. The freezing will also happen if the available storage space is too low, as in JK7's case.

• EupythKurt EupythKurt
    ✭✭  / 

From Vietnamese nokia 7.2, i have facing this problem for long time while playing codm. I found it happen when

• The phone get hot, then i played before a fan, it began normal again.
    • The internet get low, i switch between 4G and Wifi to choose the fastest one, and in the lower one, the touch get freeze more than.

Any way but i'll try the method clearing ram and storage of the guy above. Thanks all.

Waiting for update to fix this, it so annoy :( c' on NOKIA, don't make it cheap!

• Kosi Kosi
    ✭✭  / 
  • Mozika Mozika
    ✭✭  / 

@Mewan have you tried a custom rom? For those who are saying it's a problem with space or anything thing minute it's not.

It's a major issue and you will experience it soon enough. We need to make more noise.

• Kaykola Kaykola
    ✭✭  / 

I use the 6GB variant, and I have at least 79GB free on my device, but still face this issue. I've tried every thing posted on this thread but it still remains the same, I think it's a device issue st this point.

• roshanja roshanja
    ✭✭  / 

FOUND THE CULPRIT FINALLY!

It's f*cking heat. So the story goes like this: I bought the phone last winter i.e. october 2019. It was acting fine, even though i wasn't playing any games back then to make the phone heat up i never faced any freezing issues.

This all started in the lockdown. Bored out of my gut i downloaded CODm and being the addict i am to gaming started playing it 4-5 hrs a day. The freeing issues started as the weather transitioned from winters (in late march) to summers (now). The randomness of freezing is related to the environment you are in, try playing in a chilled room with air conditioning, NO FREEZING. Try a hot room FREEZING LIKE ****.

Hence proved - HOT = FREEZING the irony is palpable.

So this is a hardware issue and may be, it's just me others might have a different issue but i think it's HEAT. Guys please test this so that we can guide other users also this is a problem faced by almost all devices.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

I'll agree with @roshanja. The heat has a significant role to play. And I've been trying with modifying the CPU/GPU clock speeds. With a lower CPU clock speed, there are lesser chances of screen freezes, but higher of frame drops. Similarly with governors set to performance and max clock speeds, the freezing is super constant. What I'm recently trying out is to keep the CPU to lowest and the GPU to its highest clock speeds and the results are somewhat better. All in all, if we could identify which component's temperature value causes this or if we can modify what temperatures the device starts throttling (or whatever we can call this behavior), we can make a difference.

Using an air conditioner does help. But that there's no solid solution to the problem. Maybe the back glass is the real culprit, causing trapped heat, thereby causing excessive heat to stay within the phone's housing.

Anyways, a usable solution which helps me a bit too is to run the app "Hibernator" to close most of the background apps. That reduces stress on the system resources and contributes overall to lesser heat generation and hence a less freezing experience.

• SamsonAndrew SamsonAndrew
    ✭✭  / 

Me too have this issue when playing pubg, started hating this phone

At first lost my camera-front and back. And got repaired !

Now the cheap quality display screen layer got pealed! Where we use joystick there is circle like shaped and where to aim there vertically!

I was using nokia 7plus ,no problem were there, now 7.2,very disappointed!

Better gift for a nokia fan!

Thank you NOKIA 😭😭😭

• EupythKurt EupythKurt
    ✭✭  / 

me too, i think this is about heat, especially using 4G instead of wifi 😪