Unable to check for updates.

I do not know if there is any maintenance on the servers or Nokia servers are turned off, but this is the first time I received such a message on my phone.

Unable to check for updates.

Digitalius Digitalius
✭✭  /  edited November 12

I do not know if there is any maintenance on the servers or Nokia servers are turned off, but this is the first time I received such a message on my phone. Do you have or had similar? Or maybe it has to do with the upcoming Android 11? Here is the message when I check for Nokia 2.2 updates:

"Unable to check for updates. Updates are temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

The message was released to me on November 5, 2020, 00:45 Polish time.

Nokia 2.2, Android 10, Security updates: September 5, 2020

Comments

• user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Happens for some moment but you can rid of that by reboot the device and then check for updates then if updates available then it will notify else it will show "Your System is up to Date"

Also recently Nokia 2.2 got MR update to V2.400 with September 2020 Patch.

• Digitalius Digitalius
    ✭✭  /  edited November 5

Your advice doesn't work. Also, after following your advice, the System Updater shows that the last check for updates was on November 4th, not on November 5th, or now. It's like Nokia paused System Updater temporarily.

I just don't think that's typical.

• Bharath KB Bharath KB
    ✭✭✭  / 

Can you please specify the google play system update version installed.

Because today morning i have recieved the google play system update 1st october 2020 and then while i check for the system update at noon it showed the error message "updates are temporarily unavailable try again later". May be the google play system update might have caused this or not I'm not sure in it .

But when u clear the cache and data of google play services the update panel is refreshed and after certain mins it goes back to the same error msg.

Well lets hope that fixes itself.

• Digitalius Digitalius
    ✭✭  /  edited November 5

Can you please specify the google play system update version installed.

But when u clear the cache and data of google play services the update panel is refreshed and after certain mins it goes back to the same error msg.

Google Play: October 1, 2020, v. 22.6.23-21 [0] [PR] 340521521

Clear cache & data doesn't work

• I have the same problem a TA-1206 Nokia 2.3 Dual SIM handset. Android security update: 5 September 2020. Last successful check for update on 4 Nov. Updates are temporarily unavailable.

I have tried rebooting the phone, clearing Google Play Services cache, Wifi at home and the office. What is going on?

• Mrrhg Mrrhg
    ✭✭  / 

I have this problem too. Same with the notification bug. What's going on with HMD and the Nokia 2.2?

• Mrrhg Mrrhg
    ✭✭  / 

I got a notification that my device is out of date for seven days. Yet it can't actually install or check for updates. This is just ridiculous!

• Borse Borse
    ✭✭  / 

Same here for two days already: unable to check updates. Nokia 3.1

• Bharath KB Bharath KB
    ✭✭✭  / 

I have resolved my issue now .

I cleared the cache and data of google play store first followed by google play services. And I immediately deleted my device settings backup in the google drive and then selected the backup account .

By this way i have rectified in my device.

I forget to mention my device in the last comment

My device Nokia 5.1 Plus, google play system update 1Oct 2020. Google security patch 5 Oct 2020 installed.

Before doing this first switch off the phone and turn it on and again give a restart this time.

Give a feedback here if it works .hope it should work as it worked for me .

Note i have experienced the same problem in august when the device got august month's G play system update . I have did the same this time also and it worked

Thank you

• Digitalius Digitalius
    ✭✭  / 

I did some tests. The problem is the Google Play Security Update from October 1, 2020. As long as they are not installed, System Updates will work.

• Borse Borse
    ✭✭  / 

I removed my google account and disabled both google play apps. Then after reboot Android update check worked without error.

• Borse Borse
    ✭✭  / 

... but system update check stared to fail again once I enabled Google play store app. So looks something is broken in the app. System update check started to fail after Oct 5 security update. Before that no problems.

• Bharath KB Bharath KB
    ✭✭✭  / 

Yes the problem is with google play system update it fill be fixed soon. Hope so.

• A_Di A_Di
    ✭✭  / 

I have got the same problem with my Nokia 5.1, Google play update October, 1st, Android 10, latest system security update received end of October with level 05.October. Last successful search for system security updates on 04.November. Since then I get an error message when starting the search for system updates.

• Borse Borse
    ✭✭  / 

The problem still persists. In my case, checking updates works ONCE after I first clear cache and and storage of Google Play Store app and then do the same with Google Play services app.

It is very bad that this problem exists and there is no reaction from Nokia. The reason I want to do system update check is that I'm waiting Android 10 upgrade for my 3.1 which was promised to roll out on Oct 20, but nothing yet.

• Digitalius Digitalius
    ✭✭  / 

System Updater started working! Android patch 2020-10 has arrived. It started working without ways like data wipe etc.

• A_Di A_Di
    ✭✭  / 

I can give an update.

After clearing the caches of _all_ apps and a manual start of the search for Google Play updates, the problem with the system updates resolved itself.

However, I can not fully conclude that it was just the cache cleaning, because the next day I saw that the version number of Google Play increased, although the security level stayed at 1st of October. Also, a new 'Corona component" version was installed (version 18 instead of 17).

• Mrrhg Mrrhg
    ✭✭  / 

The issue appears to be resolved.