Android 11, Nokia 5.4

Does anybody have any idea when we should expect Android 11 on the Nokia 5.4?

Android 11, Nokia 5.4

AndyUK AndyUK
✭✭  / 

Does anybody have any idea when we should expect Android 11 on the Nokia 5.4?

I didn't see the 5.4 on the initial rollout plans, presumably because the handset wasn't released.

I'm in the UK on EE (if that's relevant 🤷🏻‍♂️)

Comments

• vaigacd vaigacd
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia plz provide android 11 for 5.4

• MJ P MJ P
    ✭✭  / 

Even 5.3 got no updates.

Then how can you expect for 5.4?

• Tirru Sharrma Tirru Sharrma
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia please Android 11 for nokia 5.4

• The Molecular Man The Molecular Man
    ✭✭  /  edited April 27

They've found a new w h o r e (phone model/series) . They have discarded you - just like all the others; just as HMD has always done.

Deal with it.

• Lawrence JB Lawrence JB
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Motorola does not give timely updates like Nokia. Its close to Stock but updates no way.

Samsung is fine to go ahead with.

• Manonthothotho Manonthothotho
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia should be ashamed of they handled the android 11 update issue for Nokia 5.4.They are failing to keep up their promises since they lied that it was "android 11 ready",but to date they is nothing.🙄 What a disappointment

• Sushant J Sushant J
    ✭✭  / 

Android 11 is very buggy hence the delay, Android 10 is way better than a bricked Android 11 phone

• Ashish Audichya Ashish Audichya
    ✭✭  / 

Waiting for Android 11 since I purchased the phone. Anyone having idea when android 11 is going to release for Nokia 5.4. Saying it's Android one device but thn y v r not getting updates

• alx0611 alx0611
    ✭✭  / 

In Reddit people complain a lot about Android 11 Bug. Maybe Nokia delayed to fix some of them. I got Nokia 5.4 too and still at Android 10 (Security Patch 3/2021).

• AndyUK AndyUK
    ✭✭  / 

We are apparently to expect Android 11 to arrive on the 5.4 in Q2 2021.

I'll believe it when I see it!

• user1530291633030 user1530291633030
    ✭✭  / 

Come to think of it, my older Nokia 6 from 2017 received both OS and security updates regularly and on time than my newer 5.4

What a shame. Cuz that phone still rocks even today.

✭✭✭✭  / 

Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 from 2017 were two of their best products till date when it comes to regular security patches and OS upgrades, but not to forget these were not Android one. The day they started off with Android One, the graph started going down and is still going down, but they don't care and are still continuing to be lazy.

✭✭✭✭  / 

A11 got released in September-October 2020 and it's May 2021 now and they are still fixing the bugs? Come on!!

• MMF MMF
    ✭✭✭  / 

Yes and Android 12 is coming fast

The Android 12 Preview program runs from February 2021 until the final public release to AOSP and OEMs, planned for later in the year. 

We expect Android 12 to reach Platform Stability at Beta 4 in August 2021. From that point, you can expect no further changes affecting your apps.

• MMF MMF
    ✭✭✭  / 

We got no A 11 and even SP is old.

This is with Nokia 5.3 and 6.2

• Rohan34 Rohan34
    ✭✭  / 

Actually, Nokia is aware of its devices not getting updates (from Google, as it's part of Android one.) the scheme was Nokia will manufacture hardware and Google will develop software.

I think Nokia is secretly developing a custom skin based on stock Android (as per leaks that it is hiring multiple positions for UI/ UX developers.

It could be possible Nokia wants to abandon Android one program.. let's hope for the best.

@Lawrence JB @alx0611 @Manonthothotho @Okofo Asiedu Rasmos @Tirru Sharrma @vaigacd @damokinsella82

• AndyUK AndyUK
    ✭✭  / 

Just over a week left if Android 11 is to arrive on the 5.4 on time.

I'm not holding my breath. But I'd love to be wrong!

• AndyUK AndyUK
    ✭✭  / 

And here we are... into Q3.

Why am I not surprised? 🤦🏻‍♂️

The next phone will not be a Nokia.

• TheGreenGuy TheGreenGuy
    ✭✭  / 

I got a pointless 10 upgrade in Q2.

My next phone will be a dumb phone. So sick of tech plutocrats and their BS promises.😫

• EricCartman EricCartman
    ✭✭  / 

I had choice to go with Motorola it had Snapdragon 730 or something and android 11 out of the box.

And, guaranteed update to Android 12(also last update for Nokia 5.4).

However, my previous experience with Nokia 5 and 6.1 made me choose this Android 11 ready phone.

I am not disappointed for not receiving timely update but rather no communication from Nokia that's what's disappointing.

(Someone who has used Huawei and Xiaomi phone extensively both brands are way ahead in this regard)

✭✭✭✭  / 

The reason is simple, after Juho's exit there's a lot of mismanagement happened. Are they fixing it soon or not, no one knows.

Nokia 5.3 will be getting A11 only by Oct- Dec 2021

Nokia 3.4 and Nokia 5.4 should get it early but by when, no idea.

Now the company's focus is more on newly launched devices, so they don't care about older devices except the 2 series phones.

Better to move away or wait for their own sweet time to release the updates.

I was so much **** of with their fake promises that I sold my Nokia 5.3 and will never come back to Nokia phones until they really fix things up and be more serious which may not happen soon.

• EricCartman EricCartman
    ✭✭  / 

Lucky, I purchased Nokia 5.4 in May so will it give it some time before deciding to sell.

And, I understand company changing priorities but they should just come outright and say it.

Redmi phones get 1 OS update Mi series get 2. Despite that information people buy them.

So if Nokia comes out and says only 6.1 and above models will get timely updates I don't have problem. I will pay more for that one but this practice of once sale has been made who cares, isn't tolerable.(if that's the direction they are going in)

Infact, I don't care about delayed update as much as how they are handling it. (Quite frankly not even small bugs bother me.)

They can come outright and say next January because of not adequate resources or covid.(even if it's a lie) And, I would be content with that.

After using Nokia phones I really thought finally Android has reached a stage where unlocking bootloader and custom roms along with other what not is no longer necessary. (Despite project Treble and Mainline situation hasn't improved maybe Qualcomm is to be blamed here who knows)

However, If it continues I might just save some money and switch to iOS entirely.

I no longer have time to figure out proximity sensor or WhatsApp camera bugs at this point, I need something that just works reliably.

• tododi tododi
     / 

I have new kind of problem. After recent update a new -5 kind of thing is appear in battery usage section. This drain my battery much quicker. Here is the screenshot of that. www.paymydoctor.com