[Fix available] Mobile data connection issues on Nokia X20

Hi, We have a detected an issue which may affecting a small number of Nokia X20 users.

[Fix available] Mobile data connection issues on Nokia X20

dipankar paul dipankar paul
Staff member  / 

Hi,

We have a detected an issue which may affecting a small number of Nokia X20 users. If you are experiencing problems using mobile data, a simple, one-time fix should resolve the problem.

All that is needed is to reset your APN settings. No technical knowledge or experience is required. Here is how you do it:

• From the home screen, swipe down and then pull down the quick menu.
  • Press the cog icon on the right to go to your Settings.
  • Select "Network and internet", then "Mobile Network".
  • Next, head to "Advanced", then "Access Point Names".
  • Press the 3-dot icon on the top-right and select "Reset to default".

These steps should resolve the problem causing your mobile data connectivity issues.

Tagged:

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Thanks for this. And thank you for finally opening up the categories for the new devices.

• Lisa Barnacle Lisa Barnacle
    ✭✭  / 

Morning, I did try this yesterday and again today, however it has not fixed the issue.

Please advise further, I need mobile data internet to work.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Hi Lisa, under the access point names, do you see any access point as listed and activated? If yes, can you check if it is the correct one for your operator?

• abecedario abecedario
    ✭✭✭  / 

since I bought this phone I have already changed two operators with two different sims and as many internet access points, no problems found (TA-1341 - build 00WW_1_27A_SP01)

I also thank you for having finally opened the section for the Nokia X20 ;)

• Pacala Pacala
    ✭✭  / 

Colleagues, I could not find where to send my question. If already discussed, please provide a link. I bought Nokia X 20 last week, but did not find in the settings where to enable VoLTE and WI-FI calls. The provider on its side says that it is connected, these are some problems on my side. But, in the phone, there were no items in the menu where this is turned on. Also on the previous Samsung A50 phone, everything worked. What needs to be done to make all this appear? Thank you.

• abecedario abecedario
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 12

if your provider says it's enabled ih their side, try this:

1. dial *#*#4636#*#* 
    2. choose phone information
    3. click "phone Information" and try to press on "Provvisioning VoLTE"
    4. same on "wifi calls"

if you are able to do this, enable both and then restart the phone

(my current provider does not allow VoLTE calls, not yet)

• o pb o pb
     / 

I ordered the x20 on the internet. On 07/14 my package was in transit by DHL in Cologne, it was lost or damage.

We are 07/26, Nokia did not even follow up on my order, refunded? Shipping a new package?

You realize this amateurism, more than 10 days without decision.

• Adebayo Arasi Adebayo Arasi
    ✭✭  / 

Please anyone, how can I get link to Nokia X20 section. I need to follow this link to more information about my phone.

• Tom Burgess Tom Burgess
    ✭✭  / 

Hay folks I'm having issues connecting to mobile data on my new x20, I have tried resetting the APN to default and editing the APN with the information provided by my network. Is there any other issues or fix's to enable mobile Data to work.Thanks Tom

• Arska1000 Arska1000
    ✭✭  / 

Problem. Nokia X20. Started couple of weeks ago. The phone doesn't want to go 4G (LTE), it drops to 3G. Another SIM (from Nokia 7.2 which running good with 4G) tested in the phone, the same result stays in 3G.

• Yummyhammer Yummyhammer
    ✭✭  / 

You have probably already solved your issue by now but the way I fixed my no mobile data issue was to go to settings then system, advanced and reset options. Be careful not to pick the wrong option 😁 but choose reset Wi-Fi,mobile,Bluetooth. Fixed things with data immediately but of course I had to redo my Wi-Fi and Bluetooth setups..

• wtfwtfwtf wtfwtfwtf
     / 

This did absolutely nothing, mobile data still doesn't work for me.

• X20user X20user
    ✭✭  / 

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue as mentioned above, I tried every available solutions found on the web, but still got no internet connection.

Can someone share other ways to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance!