Will there be ANY update to Nokia 800 Tough?

Nokia 800 Tough comes with 2.5.2 KaiOS. Can we expect any update since there are improved 2.x versions on Jio phone and other brand manufacturers?

Will there be ANY update to Nokia 800 Tough?

rasvoja rasvoja
✭✭  / 

Nokia 800 Tough comes with 2.5.2 KaiOS. Can we expect any update since there are improved 2.x versions on Jio phone and other brand manufacturers?

Comments

• VeeBee VeeBee
    ✭✭  / 

The sound of crickets here suggests no there will not be an update.

• Xebt11 Xebt11
    ✭✭  / 

Hi All,

I just bought this phone and I'm very disappointed. I only expected from it what is promised in the advertising but in my case it did not deliver.

I've only had it for a few days and I still can't use it. When I have synced my Google account to have the same contacts, my calendar and to be able to use Google Assitant, it just doesn't work as it should. I can't search for any contacts because it crashes. So I can't call anyone because I can't remember their phone number. It's also a pity that I can't get the simple Google Task application that I use so much and which I'm sure would be very easy to implement.

I've uninstalled everything the phone has left me, like WhatsApp and Facebook, I haven't taken any pictures and I've checked for any updates but my Nokia 800 Tough TA-1186 D5 (SKU: 16CNT8014A05) can't find any (it currently has KaiOS 2.5.2, 12.00.17.01).

Somewhere on the internet I've read that in November this year 2021 some users have upgraded it to KaiOS 2.5.2.2, 30.00.17.05 but I don't know how they have done it and if it really fixes the most basic problems. If it's not fixed soon, Amazon will have to refund my money. Shame.

If anyone has more information on how to fix the problem, please reply to this message (e.g. is it possible to manually update the phone ofically?).

Thx.

• rasvoja rasvoja
    ✭✭  / 

In my case, sync worked:

a) First create KaiOS account with same mail

b) Sync contacts bzt only once, if you do it 2 times, it will dumb copy contacts twice

c) When searching it checks for net first few seconds, if you are offline, wait few seconds.

Uninstalling FB or WhatsApp does nothing in terms of sped of phone.

Nokia (HMD Global) claims update is regionally dependent, so I hope you are right and at least some update will be availiable. You can try hard reset, this is what Nokia support gave me

Additionally, I would like to ask you to follow the steps below:        

1. Press the Arrow down key (Navigation down key) and the Power key together for 10 seconds.

2. The phone will vibrate then restart.

• rasvoja rasvoja
    ✭✭  / 

Foind oit COMPLETE RESET instruction, NOTE ALL USER DATA WILL BE ERASED

To reset the Nokia phone, simply enter the code: *#7370# and the security code (default 12345) The steps above are related to deleting all the customer data (contacts, messages, multimedia, etc.) that are on the phone’s memory. Before resetting the device, it is strongly recommended to backup the phone data to the SD card or PC. SD card and SIM cards will not be affected by restoring factory settings.

• Xebt11 Xebt11
    ✭✭  / 

Hi Rasvoja

I have tried everything you said and the problem remains. The contacts are synchronised and only appear in the first three and the application crashes. It could be that I have a very high number of contacts, but that's what I have!

I also tried to do a hard reset with the code you sent me in your second message. The phone does not recognise the code.

I also contacted Nokia Care, via chat. They didn't help me at all and just told me that if I didn't get an update on the phone, they couldn't do anything. In short, the person who attended me didn't look for a solution and didn't have any resources. I feel completely defrauded.

Thank you very much for your help.

• rasvoja rasvoja
    ✭✭  / 

I have copied contacts sadly several times, and yes, I can say it works worse with many contacts.

Hard reset is avail in settings I believe in device area, as last option.

• rasvoja rasvoja
    ✭✭  / 

This is what I got from support, havent tried yet

If you would like to check if your device Nokia 800 Tough can update to a newer version.

I would encourage you to try to make sure that you have the time and date right on the device, then remove the sim card and SD card, and after that try to update the device via a Wi-Fi connection and make sure to have at at least  50% battery on the device at the time of update.

• Xebt11 Xebt11
    ✭✭  / 

From the beginning, I've fulfilled all the requirements you've told me about. Remember that I haven't been able to use the phone yet because I can't access the contacts!!!

Thank you for your excellent help. I think the problem is very serious, because having a phone with contact synchronisation with the Google account and not being able to work from the first day, is to be very angry. If, in addition, the phone has been in the shops for two years, I think they've had enough time to solve something so serious and basic in the daily use of the phone, and then I no longer feel angry, but fraud!!!

• TobiOutdoorGer TobiOutdoorGer
    ✭✭  / 

The contact syncing bug is so annoying. My device it up to date.