Video recording always not focus - Page 2

I'm am using Hedgecam 2 instead so will wait to see if they fix it. It's a cheap phone and works well otherwise so quite happy at the moment.

Video recording always not focus

Comments

• user1521993911154 user1521993911154
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018
    I'm am using Hedgecam 2 instead so will wait to see if they fix it. It's a cheap phone and works well otherwise so quite happy at the moment.
  • ujinjinjin ujinjinjin
    ✭✭  / 

marcolopes, you rolled back on Android 7 or did you installed v100 firmware on 8.1? If so, how you did it?

✭✭  /  edited July 2018

Still Android 8.1 and camera firmware V200.0070,.10,1.18.0 V020.0100.05

• marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭✭  / 

user1521993911154, i thought another software would not have the problem, but it has! I made a test at the store with HD Cam and voilá... FOCUS problems!!! So... it's worst than it seems.

ujinjinjin, i did not roll back to Android 7.1! I have 8.1 with June Patch. Camera firmware is still the same and still having problems. I found other devices on the store with previous camera firmware and i think i will swap my phone for one of those. I'm tired of reconfiguring devices, so i waited to see if nokia would say something official about this... but NOTHING until now :|

• marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭✭  / 

UPDATE: old devices with old camera firmware are SLOWER to focus! I made testes at the store...

So, i believe HMD changed the camera hardware... for the best, but gave us this BUG.

They should address this problem and tell users WHAT to do! Give us an alternative other than returning the phones!

• marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭✭  / 

Well, HMD still does not have solution for this...

What did you guys do?

All the apps that use the camera have problemas (i have been making videos with Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp, and they all reveal focus problems... so... no way around that)

• Using Google camera instead. Just Google 'Gcam mod Nokia 5'
  • marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭✭  / 

I'm waiting for OFFICIAL release of Google Camera...NOT yet released.

I tried several MODs and all of them have problems.

Even so, installing Google Camera will fix the other apps? (Messenger, Whatsapp, etc??)

• Instagram seems OK. I don't use the others
  • marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭✭  / 

I'm glad to inform that the LATEST UPDATE (not the July security, but a
    new one few days ago) RESOLVED the NOKIA 5 CAMERA hunting focus on VIDEO
    RECORDING (native app)
    . NOT great... it's usable. The FOCUS still
    OVERSHOOTS and focus back a little
    , giving an unpleasant effect, but it does not repeat the focus process over and over again... Don't
    see this on other phones, so, NOKIA 5 is a problematic phone...

• What update is that. Can't find it here.

https://www.nokia.com/en_int/phones/security-updates
  • What update is that. I cant see any updates since July 1st.
  • marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭✭  / 

It's a NEW update for bug fixes released already here in Portugal (at least for my NOKIA 5)

I guess it will be released in a timely manner... or maybe it was just for the ones that signed for the BETA LABS?? https://www.nokia.com/en_int/phones/betalabs

Nokia said nothing about this.

• marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭✭  / 

It's NOT a security update! It's a BUG FIX / stability, etc update (maybe only applied to some NOKIA models?)

• marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭✭  / 

So, are all the people affected by this problem HAPPY with the new FOCUS?

I still have problems... it's not perfect... :

✭✭  /  edited August 2018
    I haven't had the update yet. I think it limited to a few regions.
  • I think it's to do with which API the app uses. I just enabled camera2 API in Snap camera an it's fine.
  • Got the August update a couple weeks back and the video focus problem seems to be fixed!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6CUtU77nuPbqSo1G6

• marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭✭  / 

It's NOT perfect... it still has issues... but the videos are not "unusable" anymore.

I would never buy a Nokia again!

• Why Nokia is silence about this error...
    We are poor people. We want help. Im from Sri lanka 🇱🇰  and Also we have this bug.
    THIS IS FOCUS ERROR WITH FIRMWARE...!!!! PLEASE KINDLY HELP US...
  • hey Nokia & HMD, I  need help 

how to disable auto focus in Nokia 5 ?!
    i tired to fix this :(
  • hey Nokia & HMD, I  need help 

how to disable auto focus in Nokia 5 ?!
    i tired to fix this :(
  • Video focus stutter still heavy with Pie firmware so video is very very annoying.
    Fix is simple if nothing more advanced can be done: let the users enable fix focus (infinity) while recording - or possibly just the focus that was set. This is already possible while taking photos.

How long can it take for the firmware department to do a fix of this and approve it? A day or two?

So get to work, now. Jumpy videos and focus hunting in bright, optimal scenes is not ok in a 2017ish smartphone.

• marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭✭  / 
    SO, the camera FOCUS problem is BACK with PIE, after it was resolved in OREO? Bad nokia...