Nokia 6.1 Camera App Hangs the Phone!!! - Page 3

Just installed update on the phone today that has the September security patches. I did not see anything listed about anything else in the change log.

Nokia 6.1 Camera App Hangs the Phone!!!

Comments

• Marcus Marcus
     / 

Just installed update on the phone today that has the September security patches. I did not see anything listed about anything else in the change log. Camera actually seems stable now. I have not been able to get it to hang again. Also tried the Walmart app's payment option that usually hangs the phone as well and that seems to be working fine now. Can anyone else confirm the new update fixes their camera hanging?

• allc0re allc0re
     /  edited October 2018

I installed the September patch over the weekend and it hasn't frozen since. Looks like it fixed it for me.

• And they are here
    Boys who says all works
  • @allc0re, I'll try your suggestions. I'm having this problem since I bought the phone in Apr-2018. Do you know why the camera also hangs in all other apps as well? Like WhatsApp, any scan app, payment apps, etc.

• allc0re allc0re
     /  edited October 2018

@rubpa, I was able to avoid almost all hangs by using my workaround, including in other cammera apps and scanning apps.

The real fix is to get the latest security patch. I ended up having to convert to the global Nokia 6.1 firmware  before I could get the latest patch for some reason. It was stuck on an old one and would not update on the USA firmware.

• While taking photos after focusing, camera doesn't work and hangs
  • jsanchez jsanchez
     / 
    > @Marcus said:
    > Just installed update on the phone today that has the September security patches. I did not see anything listed about anything else in the change log. Camera actually seems stable now. I have not been able to get it to hang again. Also tried the Walmart app's payment option https://walmartone.onl that usually hangs the phone as well and that seems to be working fine now. Can anyone else confirm the new update fixes their camera hanging?

It was working fine for me. Facing some issues past a few days.
  • I wish I had just a unresponsive camera app. The camera app has crashed, but has locked the display i.e. it does display not respond to any input. So I cannot power down or off. Looks like I have to do a remote reset. Just great.
    Nokia, you need to get your act together on this one and fix the obviously widespread problem!
  • tudor georgescu tudor georgescu
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hold power off till it powers off. Then press power button. If it doesn't work, power off then perform a factory reset, you only have to use the buttons to do that. It's called rescue mode.