A sound recording app that utilizes Nokia OZO Audio

One of the selling points of Nokia 8 (and Nokia 7) is OZO Audio, that offers amazing voice recording capabilities.

A sound recording app that utilizes Nokia OZO Audio

stipe1906 stipe1906
✭✭✭  /  edited November 2018

One of the selling points of Nokia 8 (and Nokia 7) is OZO Audio, that offers amazing voice recording capabilities. It would be great if HMD could make a proprietary voice recording app that can make use of the OZO Audio tech. The app doesn't need to come preinstalled, but can simply be put on GPlay, and who want can download it.

Comments

• shamuscg shamuscg
     /  edited October 2018
    I agree! That was one of the main things that made me want to buy the phone. I thought it may have been possible to tweak the audio in videos that are recorded to remove wind noise etc (given the phone has 3 mics).. I shouldn't think it would be that difficult to develop and would make a lot of people happy.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited October 2018

I agree too, HMD should make the most of this high spec recording equipment in the phones and make an exclusive app. Maybe make the API public so others can write Nokia exclusive apps.

• MatejD MatejD
     /  edited October 2018

Well in my opinion there should be system wide implementation for OZO Audio, so no matter what app you use the phone always records with OZO Audio. And not just in specific Nokia/HMD apps.

• madbilly madbilly

I completely agree, I don't know why they haven't done this, it's very strange. Some Android One requirement again?

• MatejD MatejD
     /  edited October 2018

I hope not! Just because this implementation is somehow hardware required(if you ask me), to utilize the full potential of the microphone array. And anyway my Nokia 8 is not Android One phone, so there is no excuse :P hehe...

• madbilly madbilly

Good point! I just found that out last night, that Nokia 8 is not part of Android One - this means I've been spreading some misinformation which I need to clean up...

• This is the most disappointing aspect of the Nokia 8 phone. Audio recording is either terrible or complicated.
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Its been more than a year this discussion has started but there is not a single promise or announcement from Nokia. A native voice recording app with OZO audio would have been truly awesome but I think Nokia has no plan in making such app. I mean come on Nokia if you don't want to pollute the stock android motto you are building just make the app available on the play store. Users who are seeking for it will be able to download and there will be no bloat whatsoever.
  • There are three types of OZO, and it works from two mics to four mics. That would be an awesome feature for all Nokia phones.