Nokia 6.1 Plus WIFI does not connect after Android 9 Pie Update - Page 4

yes i am also facing the same issue after android pie update wifi doesnt reconnect back to saved networks once you are near the network(router).need to again restart the phone to connect wifi.

Nokia 6.1 Plus WIFI does not connect after Android 9 Pie Update

Comments

• yes i am also facing the same issue after android pie update
    wifi doesnt reconnect back to saved networks once you are near the network(router).need to again restart the phone to connect wifi.
    please fix this issue asap in upcoming security patch update..
  • Is this Nokia community or not? where's Nokia people comments and solutions in the community?

Nokia we weexpected more from you.........
  • wietse-0803 wietse-0803
    ✭✭  /  edited November 2018
    joset said:
    Attaching the solution to the problem. Received it from Nokia support.
    Can anyone verify this solution? I did a rollback from Android 9 Beta (3_25B) to Android 8.1 (2_50A_SP01) and refused the update to Android 9 (3.30B) because I haven't seen a proper solution for this bug...

• donioli said:
    Hello,

FIX!

I was having the same issues as everyone in this thread until I followed the steps below. 

Step 1) Go to settings >> network and internet >> Hotspot and Tethering >> set up Wi-Fi hotspot >> Select AP Band >> 2.4 GHz band. >>> done.

Step 2) Now try using again.

Step 3) Please try to force restart device by pressing volume up key and power key button for 20 sec then device will vibrate and device automatically restart
    This doesn't work...... after force restart WiFi work good, than switch off for a while & switch on after few minutes it takes long long time to connect to Wifi , specially 5ghz. At 2.4ghz Speed very slow......else all other device giving great Speed.
  • sherin luka sherin luka
    ✭✭  / 
    Try resetting the network settings. It worked for me
  • After updating to pie the phone doesn't vibrate
  • I got the WIFI connect problems, after update to android 9 pie, 
  • I am also facing same problem after updating to 9.0. WiFi is scanning for SSID and then it won't show available router name. Need to restart everytime. Please provide some patch ASAP. Otherwise you people will lose good vill which was came along with Android.
  • I have the same issue in Sharing files that won't connect to a wiFi network in SHAREit app after the software update to Android pie . what should I want to do?

• I am facing the same issue , previous version was much more stable.
  • I'm facing the same problem. Before update to PIE. My phone use wifi is very good. But after update, i can not find the wifi. 

• Same here. But yet there is not any kind of solution from Nokia. They will simply tell you to follow there troubleshooting options, and if it doesn't work (will never work). They are gonna ask you to visit service center.
  • I had the same wifi issue after upgrading to andriod pie, I tried every thing to fix it from resetting my phone to resetting my router
    Finally I changed my widi broadcasting channel manually and my phone connected perfectly fine!
  • I have the same issue, after Android 9 update facing issue in connecting to WiFi.
  • subir subir
    ✭✭  / 
    I am automatically getting connected with WiFi and Bluetooth as well. I have to manually click again and again to switch off
  • Did any one figure out what the problem is? my Wifi is malfunctioning as well, after Android Pie update. Temporarily fixing it by restarting every time.
    Is there some way to rollback, to the previous android version?
  • donioli said:
    Hello,

FIX!

I was having the same issues as everyone in this thread until I followed the steps below. 

Step 1) Go to settings >> network and internet >> Hotspot and Tethering >> set up Wi-Fi hotspot >> Select AP Band >> 2.4 GHz band. >>> done.

Step 3) Please try to force restart device by pressing volume up key and power key button for 20 sec then device will vibrate and device automatically restart
    It seems worked for me for few hours.
    Tried this method and reset the network setting.
  • No permanent solution yet.
  • syed habeeb syed habeeb
    ✭✭  / 
    I am facing WiFi connectivity issue after pie update for my Nokia 6.1plus.
  • Same here. WiFi issues after Pie update.
  • KhalidShaikh5379 KhalidShaikh5379
    ✭✭✭  /  edited November 2018
    I am facing WiFi connectivity issue after pie update for my Nokia 6.1plus.
    @syed habeeb @Jyotirmaya Sahu
    This is the most common issue after pie update in nokia 6.1 plus i suggest you to reset the settings of mobile wifi bluetooth and give a shot. I did it on my friends device and he is not facing this issue henceforth.
  • Its an software bug i try every thing possible last final best thing to do doengrade ur phone to oreo 
  • donioli said:
    Hello,

FIX!

It seems worked for me for few hours.
    Tried this method and reset the network setting.
    Finally, seems not working... Same situation.
  • snehal268 said:

Hi,

I am facing a problem with WiFi connectivity after Android 9 Update, I need to restart my phone every time to connect WIFI.

please fix this problem. 

Thanks,

Snehal

Even the hotspot is not working. And if it works, the connection speed is alow as ****.
  • Very ridiculous, just a patch but no solution to Wifi bug..... Nokia support is sleeping.
  • I am also facing the same problem and if it gets connected internet download speed is almost none. I checked it using speed test okala. I simultaneously checked the speed on my old Nexus 5 and Nokia 6.1 plus by connecting to the same wifi router. But Nokia 6.1 plus showing very very low speed. 
  • I have the same problem too. I've tried to talk with the supports but no one could help me to solve this issue. Many solutions which they suggested didn't work.
  • Im also facing the same issue.
  • ashutoshm07 ashutoshm07
    ✭✭  / 
    This is a very serious issue. My WiFi router broadcasts both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequency. If I disconnect my WiFi for sometime, say for 2-4 minutes, and try to reconnect, it won't connect to 5Ghz network but 2.4G and that too after some delay and the speed I get on 2.4G is extremely slow. FYI, 2.4G WiFi can deliver upto 72Mbps on this device and I have 200 Mbps connection but the speed I get is merely 1-2 Mbps on speed test. On top of that, 5G SSID is nowhere to be seen which can deliver upto 433 Mbps. The same network works fine on my mom's device on both frequencies tested simultaneously. This issue issue makes my device pretty useless for a 200 Mbps connection! Only way I can regain 5G WiFi connection is to restart the device which is extremely annoying and harmful for the device in the long run.