Hello, I got a issue with Nokia 8 what I believe is microphone issue. Its randomly happening whenever I pick up a phone call or I call somebody.
I got a issue with Nokia 8 what I believe is microphone issue. Its randomly happening whenever I pick up a phone call or I call somebody. They either cant hear me or they hear me really poorly and a strange loud noise is coming from my side.
What I observed so far:
- it is happening randomly (for ex. I called with my sister an hour ago and she said she cant hear me properly and there is a loud noise, when I called her back it repeated but when I called hear after 15 minutes our phone call was crystal clear)
- it looks like its not affecting videos, when I try camera it captures sound nicely
- it affects sound messages however (Messenger/Viber/Whatsapp) all are dead during these "anomalies" so they are working randomly too.
- I downloaded numerous microphone testing apps and they are always working (really strange)
- it is not a signal problem
So from what I observed it should be software issue rather than hardware issue (hopefully) and the problem is switching on and off randomly. Didnt saw anyone reporting this, found one guy on other forum reporting the same issue so I will link it here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-8/help/help-mic-t3693329
Any help is appreciated and hopefully this will be removed in future updates.