Quickstep installed on 6.1. Can I Uninstall? If so, will the default Android launcher replace it?

Very disappointed so far by my Nokia 6.1. I went back to my Nexus 5X after using it for a couple of weeks because of constant freezes and totally buggy behavior.

Quickstep installed on 6.1. Can I Uninstall? If so, will the default Android launcher replace it?

user1543082922161 user1543082922161
 /  edited November 2018
Very disappointed so far by my Nokia 6.1. I went back to my Nexus 5X after using it for a couple of weeks because of constant freezes and totally buggy behavior. I like Android and I want to remove any apps I can that came with the phone and may be degrading performance. Any suggestions to clean up apps such as Quickstep that came installed my Nokia 6.1 or any other suggestions to improve my (so far) terrible Nokia experience would be greatly appreciated. 
 I want to like my 6.1. Before I give up on this Nokia I want to see if removing any Nokia additions to Android will help. There's much to like about this phone if I can just get it to behave!
Thanks, 
    Lawrence B

Answers

• user1526015146417 user1526015146417 ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    Quickstep is the default Android Launcher in Android 9. 
  • Quickstep is the default Android launcher, you can't replace it with itself. As for removing the actual Nokia bloatware, I would suggest using or creating a custom ROM. Guides for that are available on xda-developers.com.
  • SilentIntrigue SilentIntrigue ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia added almost nothing to android one.  Quickstep is the google launcher.  There is no other launcher on the phone so it cannot be removed, it is baked into the OS.  You can, however, install another launcher.  Try Nova, Microsoft Launcher, Lawnmower, Evie, OpenLauncher, they are all good depending on what you prefer and need.
  • PizzaLovingNerd PizzaLovingNerd ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    The only thing Nokia added was "Support" which will help you get help when you have a problem with your phone