When is Android pie for Nokia 8 going be released? - Page 10

majorstare said: You've had the Pie update?  That's the leaked internal OTA update.

When is Android pie for Nokia 8 going be released?

Comments

• terminusaquo terminusaquo
    ✭✭✭  /  edited November 2018
    You've had the Pie update? 
    That's the leaked internal OTA update.
  • Has anyone with the leaked ota confirmed if apt-x now works?
  • mobiledabba mobiledabba
     /  edited November 2018
    So no Pie on 30th Nov as well!!!!

Nokia promise not delivered!!

Disappointing.
  • So no Pie on 30th Nov as well!!!!
    To be fair, even at UTC+2 (i.e. the timezone where their headquarters are) it's still only 10 am so that's a bit premature conclusion.
    So what will be a good time to conclude?
  • Any update so far?
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    In my neck of the woods "pie" is also a slang term for a ladies er, well you know what. I really wish Google had called Android 9 something else what with people begging for pie, wanting to eat pie and asking where is my pie constantly. To make matters worse it is soon going to be my pie is faulty, my pie is buggy etc.  :cold_sweat:
  • Audioboxer Audioboxer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Given that the December security patch leaked with the Pie OTA I suspect the update is going to be pushed back till December. Security update will probably come first, then Pie a week or two later :(
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Maybe we get Android Pie for Christmas: D
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    The **** with the pie, they may delay it for eternity as far as I'm concerned. But where the **** is the promised (supposedly properly working) camera app?
  • 203 203
    ✭✭  / 
    Which does HMD hate the most? The Nokia 8 or the people that bought the Nokia 8?
  • Audioboxer Audioboxer
    ✭✭✭  /  edited November 2018
    203 said:
    Which does HMD hate the most? The Nokia 8 or the people that bought the Nokia 8?
    I think they hate the Sirocco. Its like the less popular brother of the Nokia 8 which is already mistreated as a flagship lol. 

The playstore camera app isn't even supported by the Sirocco. I'm guessing that's the same on the Nokia 8 though. We are stuck using a camera missing half the features of the Nokia camera app on the playstore. 

Not sure why phones running such clean versions of android take soo long to update. I like Android One, but HMD should be a bit quicker than this. 
  • If HMD respond to these queries regarding update to Nokia 8, we would have been ok. Putting Nokia 8 owners in a suspense..
  • Dheeraj Dheeraj
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Maybe they are yet to finish the camera app and thats why the update has been delayed. 
  • eelis eelis
    ✭✭  /  edited November 2018
    So no Pie on 30th Nov as well!!!!
    To be fair, even at UTC+2 (i.e. the timezone where their headquarters are) it's still only 10 am so that's a bit premature conclusion.
    So what will be a good time to conclude?
    Well, it's hard to say anything definite, personally I'll start giving up the hope for the release happening on November if there's no sign of it at the end of Finnish office hours, about 6-7 hours from now. But that's just my own arbitrary threshold :)
    Well, Finnish office hours ends at latest 17.00, and Fridays they all stop working after 15.00 to get to their cottages or where ever.  ;)

-eelis-
  • Its bad.. even Sony updated to pie.. sony it's not a Android One.
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Neither is the Nokia 8.
  • HuSo HuSo
    ✭✭  / 
    Great marketing with Stock Android. And fast updates, intended only to attract buyers. Nokia is dead to me. Next try with OnePlus
  • sergyu sergyu
    ✭✭✭  / 
    my guess is in 7/8 December it will be launched.
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

So it will be a delay  :(
  • Dear Nokia/HMD,

We are very privileged to being your customer and get the update of delay on the release date!
    However, we think that we should not expect or target any particular date as our hardworking, motivated and dedicated team is still working on that. Whereas rest of the world including sony or samsung also able to finish their job(atleast beta). 
    Lastly please try to be little bit professional when you are promising something to your customers. May be we don't own Nokia as a company, but we own it as our own device.

Note: please ignore all of the above message if you don't care about your customers.

Peace off!✌️
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    naufrago said:
    Just a wild guess;
    Based on @juho's previous announcements, Android Pie will be rolled out for Nokia 8 by this time tomorrow :wink:
    Wild, wild, guessed...

• eelis eelis
    ✭✭  / 
    my guess is in 7/8 December it will be launched.
    Do we need more Fortune tellers?
    Think not.

-eelis-
  • It is disappointing but at least Mr Juho tweeted an update about it yesterday. Do I wish he said something earlier, yes for sure. But we are still among the earliest to get Pie so hopefully it won't be too long more in December.

I am anxious to try it out too and can't wait.