Android Pie Update - Page 3

Holly Molly, still no pie. Unbelievable.

Android Pie Update

Comments

• DD47 said:
    No more Nokia for meg. And no more andoideone. Mybe we dont get Pie on Sirocco at all.
  • Next year i bay S10 and then i now i get slow update, But a getting a good camera and display, not like 8.1 or 6 and 7.
  • I think nokia can remove menu item "System update" in own phones because it's redundant
  • Tuppe Tuppe
    ✭✭  / 
    I really doubt that I would buy a Nokia again.. I like the Phones, but I feel lied to, and very poor communication.
  • DaveyNavy DaveyNavy
    ✭✭  / 
    Juho @sarvikas ; on Twitter made a big deal about the new community website but it seems to me that nobody looks at this accept customers...
    Communication is HMD support big issue..  Even among themselves.. Juho is obviously being lied to by his own people ☹️
  • DaveyNavy DaveyNavy
    ✭✭  / 
    Why the **** did I just buy a Nokia 8 sirocco.. ???
    Price was right 🤑
    But I want some pie now !!!
  • andrew.877 andrew.877
    ✭✭  / 
    DD47 said:
    Why the **** did I just buy a Nokia 8 sirocco.. ???
    Price was right 🤑
    But I want some pie now !!!
    Few days to wait , this month Pie 100 %.
  • luckyluca luckyluca
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    fingers crossed
  • HMD’s CPO Juho Sarvikas invited via Twitter interested Nokia 8 users that want to help HMD finalise the update to join the Beta Labs program and give their feedback. To join beta labs head here and follow the instructions.

Once beta testing ends, the Android 9 Pie update should be released to all (Nokia 8) devices.

SHARE THIS:  

So no Pie to Sirocco for weeks ****
  • DaveyNavy DaveyNavy
    ✭✭  / 
    I just received the Nokia 8 sirocco December security update ... 🤔
  • DD47 said:
    Men to 
  • Tuppe said:
    I really doubt that I would buy a Nokia again.. I like the Phones, but I feel lied to, and very poor communication.
    Why, they all lie a bit. The only one who does not lie is Apple . Nokia make very good phones and I hope Lineage os comes with Nokia versions of this os. 
    Important are the security updates. The rest is bullshit. 
  • todesurteil todesurteil
    ✭✭✭  / 
    DD47 said:
    Men to 

Me too, just received the December update now, when I did a manual check for an update. I must say at this stage I'm really p!55ed off to put it euphemistically. We (N8 and Sirocco owners) were promised we will receive Android pie or something by November, I said nothing when it didn't happen. I gave Nokia a chance... I win the runner-up prize, nothing happened since it was announced I won the prize, sent messages to staff only received promises of someone will contact me, approx. week now and nothing. I'm starting to see a pattern... Newer devices receive Android pie before the 8 and Sirocco I kept my mouth shut. Now suddenly the older device of the two receives a beta labs program and once again the Sirocco received f-all. Thus the update program is chopped and changed and seems nobody has a clue what the **** they actually want to do (or is it deliberate I don't know). Seems this conglomerate is either in chaos or deliberately chasing money rather than customer service and making sure the product they deliver is of a good quality. Seems nokia is quickly turning into samsung version 2.0. I bought a Nokia to move away from them as I saw the same that I now see here today. As a director of two small companies I can tell you maybe the directors of hmd must come and let me give them some training on how a company should be run, as clearly they don't have clue. And I'm not arrogant when I say this. Worked my fingers off and built what I currently have with blood and sweat. Not stand and smile into cameras every damn evening promising the world and deliver b. all to clients. If I did business like hmd/nokia I would have been on the street by now, begging. You can ban me now from the forum if you want, I don't care. Felt someone should start to say it like it is. Cheers.
  • todesurteil todesurteil
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Just wondering if you translate Nokia from Finish to English do you get that it means promises? As it seems that's the only thing you get from Nokia.
  • postmart postmart
    ✭✭  / 
    I tried to sign up for beta, they said my phone is not supported (Sirocco)
  • postmart said:
    I tried to sign up for beta, they said my phone is not supported (Sirocco)

👉 Yeah Because is only for 
    Nokia 8 .
  • tzsm98 tzsm98
    ✭✭  / 
    My device updated a week ago. I finally was able to get mobile data working again. T-Mobile had to push a new carrier configuration to the device to fix the "pie in the ointment" of data.