My nokia 7 plus restarts automatically sometimes at 77%. Im fed up with this issue. Its so annoying.

My nokia 7 plus restarts automatically sometimes at 77%. Im fed up with this issue. Its so annoying.

Answers

• user389 user389
    ✭✭✭  / 
    If a phone restarts, please check:
    Is the SIM card relatively new, not damaged, and not cut to size?
    If you use an SD memory card, is it new, fast and genuine?
    - Does the issue persist if the phone is used without SIM card and without SD memory card, connected to WiFi?

Did the phone suffer any mechanical damage?

Instructions for warranty and repair options can be found in the Support app on the phone.

I hope you get it sorted out.

-- 
    Hans
  • Steveooo30 Steveooo30
    ✭✭  / 

Same issue,mine reboots while charging,even if off,if I am using it or even if in safe mode.

• user389 user389
    ✭✭✭  / 
    If the phone only restarts while charging, then please try another charger and another charging cable.

And still:
    Does the restart issue persist if the phone is used without SIM card and without SD memory card, connected to WiFi?

The purpose of these troubleshooting steps is to rule out potential defects in everything but the phone itself, before sending the phone for inspection and repair through the official channels.

--
    Hans
  • Steveooo30 Steveooo30
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    Well mine was sent to the local repair centre without sd and sim ofcc and the techs had no idea whats wrong,they might send it back to the supplier, I am gonna try a roll back if they didn't and update, I updated to pie and 2weeks later issue began, hopefully I can get sway from weeks of not having my phone.
  • Steveooo30 Steveooo30
    ✭✭  / 
    Update, local repair did absolutely nothing, they didn't even open the phone for a week, anyhow, followed xda method for roll back and it showed it failed but it actually rolled back, so far it made a full charge from like 50% to full and NO REBOOTING.
    So I am back to 8.1 and problem seems to be solved.
    So for all those wondering it is indeed a software fault, I was very sceptical at first.
  • This is a problem with rotation in android Pie and is also face by people using pixel 3. Turn off rotation before connecting to the charger.
  • user389 user389
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Thank you @user1514722700677 - I was not aware of that.
    @dron dave can you confirm if the turn off screen rotation workaround works for you, and accept the previous posting as the best answer, while waiting for the issue to be resolved?