Car hands free connection

Anyone else having problems connecting their 8110 to a Bluetooth car hands free?

Car hands free connection

Anyone else having problems connecting their 8110 to a Bluetooth car hands free? I have a parrot 1300 hands free system in my car , the phone will pair with it, but will not connect, so I can't make or receive any calls. If I go to Bluetooth settings and look in my paired devices, the parrot is listed but no option to connect. It will however connect to my TomTom sat nav ok, and in settings there is the option to connect/disconnect. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Albula Albula
     / 
    I've got exactly the same issue in the 'native' bluetooth in my BMW 3 series. No issues with bluetooth headphones, but can pair with the car but not connect as a phone
  • abbas abbas
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Albula said:
    I've got exactly the same issue in the 'native' bluetooth in my BMW 3 series. No issues with bluetooth headphones, but can pair with the car but not connect as a phone
    I would think it is the receiver in the car that would be not compatible not vice versa.
  • I am also having trouble with BT. My phone finds my Pioneer car radio and will pair up but then will not connect even if a car incomes or is made. On the other hand, the phone wont even find the JBL bluetooth speaker I have...

This issues is very irritating and dangerous for talking and driving! 
  • My 8110 connects to my Skoda intermittently, on other occasions my car recognises the phone but not vice versa. Any answers Nokia?
  • Almost the same here as Rob the Biker but on a Seat Toledo. The phone and car will pair but after some time they enter a loop where the car initiates a re-pairing. This can be accepted but there is no connection. After 10-12 seconds the car attempts to re-pair, is accepted, no connection. Repeat.
    The car has no problem in connecting (and maintaining connection) to various Android phones or iPhones.
    OTOH, the 8110 has no problem in connection and maintaining connection a Jabra hands-free set.
    HMD - please fix this bluetooth mess of yours!

(Still love the phone, though! :-)
  • Phanco Phanco
     / 
    I am having similar issues - Fiat Panda and Mitsubishi Outlander - phone pairs, will answer incoming calls but will not make outgoing calls. Also every time you get in the car you have to grant permission for the bluetooth connection. I cant find a way to "trust" the car bluetooth ?
  • Phanco Phanco
     / 
    In fact, taken the phone back. It was nice to hold, KaiOs wasn't that bad but it fundamentally just didnt work as advertised - the bluetooth stack just so unreliable....
  • Got 16.0.17.0 this morning.  Bluetooth has still not been fixed :-(
  • Super Fulcrum Super Fulcrum
    ✭✭  / 
    V13 would NOT connect to any Bluetooth PAIRED device if 8110 BT was set to HIDDEN. (Again, I am talking about already paired devices!)
    Must always be set on Visible to All to use Handsfree. It will work that way.
    HUGE SECURITY ISSUE!
    GOT V16 today Will test this tomorrow in my car.
    HMD, IS IT SO HARD TO FIX A BT SOFTWARE? It works perfect in in 3310 3G. BT set to hidden. Connects with paird device.
  • Well, well, more observations: when my device and car goes into the "pair-unpair" dance I can usually get by it by rebooting my phone. Also, when pairing, the connection / pairing request must come from the car.  The car needs to be the "controller".   This has worked for me the last couple of days.
    And it is consistent.  Eventually, my device refuses to connect to my wireless headset.  That is, the connection goes through but the music will not play.   A reboot of the phone and everything is a-ok.
    I can chime in with Super Fulcrum above - HMD, get your act together.  Fix this.
    Also, while you're at it - open you platform so that 3rd party developers has a fair chance to add to the ecosystem.
  • Dopler Dopler
     /  edited July 16
    I have Kia Soul and Chevrolet Traverse. After the connection is established, the car loads the contact list.The phone always sends all 5,000 entries, even if the contact book is empty. It takes a lot of time (about 10 minutes). I deleted all contacts, made one test record and connected to car. After 10 minutes my car showed all 5000 records. Test contact copied to all of them.