Downgrade (Rollback)

Hello all, There are many threads here and there, about bugs of Android Pie on Nokia devices and people are asking for downgrade. 

Downgrade (Rollback)

naufrago naufrago
✭✭✭✭  / 
Hello all,

There are many threads here and there, about bugs of Android Pie on Nokia devices and people are asking for downgrade

I own a TA-1012 and Pie update will be available soon.
Many people will receive and apply the update then probably lots of complaints will arise.

I think Nokia should establish a system for downgrading to Oreo like they did during Oreo beta tests. 
Do you think it's possible?
Please vote or comment if you agree.

Best Answers

• naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  /  Accepted Answer
    No @petrus
    There is a list of known issues posted by moderators and a number of posts of beta users, but I haven't seen a complete list.

I am not sure if you are able to access, but there is this beta labs section;

https://community.phones.nokia.com/categories/beta-labs-nokia-8-android-pie
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  /  Accepted Answer
    Hi @petrus

I tried to gather some of reported bugs & missing features:

-Software notch is enabled by default although Nokia 8 does not have notch. There is no way to disable;
    -Adaptive Brightness keeps resetting to minimum brightness level;
    -No notification for messages;
    -Wifi connection seems clogged on certain apps (twitter, amazon) and mobile web sites;
    -No adaptive battery and optimization;
    -The launcher is based on the latest AOSP launcher, but there isn't the support for app actions;
    -Google search bar missing in the dock;
    -The camera is the same present in Oreo, the only change is Google Lens shortcut (It also has the same bug reported in the specific topic, e.g.: Pro Camera Gesture doesn't work in landscape, low quality);
    -The Glance screen is the old one without the support for all apps;
    -There isn't the support for Digital Wellbeing, the placeholder in the settings is missing;
    -Wheater forecast in the lock screen is missing;
    -Screenshot editor is missing;
    -Cannot receive OTP SMS,  Cannot receive SMS when sender's phone number does not exist;
    -Compass does not work properly;
    -Camera app UI is broken, Duplicate/shifted icons in camera app;
    -Fingerprint issues;
    -Mic problems on calls, crackling sounds while recording video caused by mics.

NB. Not all affected all users.
    Also, there was a post for known issues which does not exist (or I cannot locate) now.

Answers

• eelis eelis
    ✭✭  / 
    There are many things HMD should do but don't, like getting the camera software to work as it should. So don't waste your time.

-eelis-
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    eelis said:
    There are many things HMD should do but don't, like getting the camera software to work as it should. So don't waste your time.

-eelis-
    One can always hope Dear @eelis :smile:
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @naufrago Hi, is there somewhere written a list of bugs in Android Pie beta? 
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @naufrago I do not have access there :( 
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited December 2018
     :)
  • Most frustrating is i stopped receiving any OTP SMS.. Unable to do any online transaction. Its really frustrating that dumbphone of 2019 would not receive an SMS which is the 2nd most basic purpose of a "phone"
  • Valium Valium
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia removed the possibility to move or install apps to SD-card after 8.0.0 in at least Nokia 3, making the phone with small storage unusable for almost anyone. The only reason I bough the phone and a large SD card was that I can do this, as in other Android devices.

There really needs to be a possibility to revert to older SW. Returning the phone, unless someone has any ideas, or HMD acting quickly?
  • Plz revart rollback
  • I want to go back to Android Oreo