Front camera over exposure in 8.1

Hey Nokia please fix the front camera with upcoming update as front is not at all good in high lights like sunlight and flouroscent lights as it has over exposure and not proper contrast.

Front camera over exposure in 8.1

NIMISHA NIMISHA
✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 5
Hey Nokia please fix the front camera with upcoming update as front is not at all good in high lights like sunlight and flouroscent lights as it has over exposure and not proper contrast. I bought your recent released phone with trust please dontd break it. Please fix it as soon as possible I'm selfie person.  And it's daily part of our life. 

Comments

• NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @nitin kachare but pro mode also having same issue 'over exposure' I tried both way even with HDR mode off and I don't use beautify mode. I hope they will fix this as soon as possible. Because my day is incomplete without a selfie. @nokia user @nokianchetan @Communicator
  • nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @nimisha gupta then you have only one way remaining until get camera updates i.e.Either Use GCAM or Take Selfie/Photos From Rear😔.
  • Narayanan.R Narayanan.R
    ✭✭  /  edited January 6
    @nitin kachare Would you mind sharing the link for GCam here?? Otherwise where I could find that??
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @nitin kachare Gcam I had downloaded but this device is not supporting as it is not available on play store I had downloaded APK one and I tried many other version also but couldn't get any help. 
    Do you have 8.1?
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Yes.
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @nitin kachare I had conversation with costumer care and first she said to do those troubleshoots ( clear cache and all which I've already done 100 times,) and then she said visit service center, what service centre will do in this? This is software issue and only be fixed by updates. They don't even know that 8.1 has such kind of problem (over exposure in front camera) 
    Are you facing same issue with front camera?
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 6
    Download it from below link
    Keep Settings
    Step 1: More~Settings~Advanced~HDR+control On
    Step 2: Main HDR+enhanced
    If Google Motion On Then Set Off.
    Try Now.
    https://nokiapoweruser.com/google-camera-apk-download-for-nokia-smartphones/

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1b10qGbSeNxPHXExKkRFVh0E_3vlRYBA8

• NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @nitin kachare link doesn't open
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    click on Google Camera it will download.
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @nitin kachare  this is what pops up when I opened the gcam
    ✭✭  / 
    click on Google Camera it will download.
    Hi, I've downloaded GCam with the link given above. Basically, the link has to be copied separately and try in GChrome Browser for a successful download. Once downloaded, You have to Enable allow from source permission for installation. It won't download properly if you directly open with Support app browser itself also you'll end up seeing pop-ups.
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Narayanan.R are you using 8.1? 
  • Argho Sarkar Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    nimisha gupta https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-bsg/

Try out any of first 5 links . They worked just fine in my NOKIA 8.1
  • steve steve
    ✭✭✭  /  edited January 6
    I don't have an 8.1 but I do use a 7.1 amongst a few other Nokia phones.
    The 7.1 from camera isn't great either so I use open camera from the Google store , if you activate camera2 API in the option screen it unlocks more features like being able to customise or turn off the amount on noise reduction.
    The camera app also remembers your settings,so for controlling exposure on the front camera just use the +/- option and set to a slightly darker image, controling the overexposure you're talking about 

This is the app I use , apart from Adobe lightroom

• steve steve
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The Gcam might be a better option but I don't like or trust any app that needs to be side-loaded or isn't official...if it screws your phone you can't really blame anyone but yourself
    ✭✭  /  edited January 6
    @steve @nitin kachare @Narayanan.R @Argho Sarkar thanks people for help and yes Gcam is working as well as open cam app but I don't find any difference rather original cam is working better. And if you ppl using 8.1 please call costumer care because as many as ppl register complain about this as early as they take action on it.  Please do this. Because we spent 27k and we haven't got proper front camera and that's sad.  @mehtasameer2087 @prateek kumar @Prateek Kejriwal @yellumahanti ramprasad  
    You can find the difference with GCam when u are capturing something in very low light situation here GCam plays a vital role in adding enough light through software algorithm.
    ✭✭  / 
    @Narayanan.R are you using 8.1? 
    Yes
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Are you facing same issue with front camera over exposure? And maybe there is difference in low light but the main difference I want in front camera :'(  @Narayanan.R  
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @nitin kachare  this is what pops up when I opened the gcam
    Are u downloaded from Same Link Which I have given.Copy paste Given Link In Google Chrome It will not open properly in support application.Anyway I am waiting for Security Patch Of January Because We can expect any update i.e. Bug Fixes or Maintainance Release with come with monthly security patches.
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @nitin kachare I really hope this front camera issue will be resolve. We all have spend 27k just to wait for this camera issue. Not at all satisfy with front camera. But other than this is all good.  But only focus to buy this camera and hate waiting. 
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @nitin kachare I really hope this front camera issue will be resolve. We all have spend 27k just to wait for this camera issue. Not at all satisfy with front camera. But other than this is all good.  But only focus to buy this camera and hate waiting. 
    Really front camera is a bit depressing .. Hope they fix this over exposure.. My first owned NOKIA device although its a way better than any device I have used in past 
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @steve @nitin kachare @Narayanan.R @Argho Sarkar thanks people for help and yes Gcam is working as well as open cam app but I don't find any difference rather original cam is working better. And if you ppl using 8.1 please call costumer care because as many as ppl register complain about this as early as they take action on it.  Please do this. Because we spent 27k and we haven't got proper front camera and that's sad.  @mehtasameer2087 @prateek kumar @Prateek Kejriwal @yellumahanti ramprasad  
    Stock cam working better than GCAM.. Well its a turn around in my device
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @nitin kachare @Argho Sarkar @Narayanan.R if you people notice that front camera also have some colour issues like less saturation  and contrast and more exposure with subject too. I compared with my previous images. They really need to fix this otherwise ill have to oftend them. I am selfie lover n couldn't wait. It doesnt look like 20 mp camera I don't why but the image doesn't have that quality maybe colour issue n of course exposure one. 
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 7
    I've twitted and tag Nokia and if you guys want to do this.. download the app and sign in and tag them. It's so frustrating that I can't able to take pictures.  @mehtasameer2087 @Argho Sarkar @nitin kachare @Narayanan.R  all the people who bought 8.1
  • [Deleted User] [Deleted User]
    ✭✭  /  edited January 7
    I've twitted and tag Nokia and if you guys want to do this.. download the app and sign in and tag them. It's so frustrating that I can't able to take pictures.  @mehtasameer2087 @Argho Sarkar @nitin kachare @Narayanan.R  all the people who bought 8.1
    I already had a chat with chat support you can check out my conversation on the other thread
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @mehtasameer2087 yes I read it.  
    Retweeted your Tweet.. Nimisha Gupta 
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    @Argho Sarkar good, we all have to do it together otherwise they won't listen.
    And people want to share something that when I called Nokia costumer care, she asked the complaint reference no. I said that when I had conversation they hadn't given me any but this time I ask to register the issue and asked for complaint reference no.  
    It has two things that 1. We have proof and another one that as many as register complaint nos. They have, they urge to take action soonest. 
     @HMD_Laura @madbilly @megan @dipankar paul @Argho Sarkar @nitin kachare @nitheesh @mehtasameer2087 @Narayanan.R @steve @matteo.m @prasanna surya @prateek kumar @Prateek Kejriwal @singhnsk