App Roundup - New year, new intentions

It's Wednesday, and here's a new App Roundup thread to help us kick off 2019 in style.

App Roundup - New year, new intentions

matteo.m matteo.m
Staff member  /  edited January 9
It's Wednesday, and here's a new App Roundup thread to help us kick off 2019 in style.

This January, we are all about setting good habits here at HMD.  And, of course, we've downloaded a whole host of apps to keep accountable as the year progresses.

So, to keep things interesting, we wanted to ask you: what apps are you using for your daily improvement?

Here’s my pick:

Dailyo, a daily mood tracker that allows you to login your moods throughout the year

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
     / 

Interesting idea! I've made some new years' resolutions, one of them is that I will try and read my paper books at bedtime instead of trying to stay up to date with this community forum! :D 

I'm still looking for an efficient way of keeping track of new topics. So far the best I have is using the RSS feeds from individual forums and grouping them in a single folder in Newsblur: https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.newsblur/ (also available on Google Play).

This works well on mobile but on desktop the web app doesn't allow to see more than 3 posts in a folder without subscribing to their premium service (which looks good, btw, but more than I need). So my next step is to self-host a Newsblur instance so I can overcome this restrictions - it's a new year project!

You might ask why I don't use another online news aggregator with a mobile app like Feedly or The Old Reader. Feedly is not FLOSS (which is something I'm trying to stick to) and unfortunately The Old Reader cannot show the full article from feeds which don't include this (it can be extracted from the linked page's reading view, but the Old Reader doesn't do this).

My other new years resolutions regarding my digital self are:
    1. An App purge - get rid of all those apps which I don't use which just consume resources and risk me leaking personal data
    2. A data detox - https://datadetox.myshadow.org/en/home - try and clean up my digital footprint.
    Cheers :)
  • aldy aldy
     / 
    Nandoo app.... It's a cool app that promotes fitness by giving prizes and money by completing fitness tasks. Have a great 2019.. have fun guys :)
  • aldy aldy
     / 

• matteo.m matteo.m
    Staff member  / 

I've been using Google Fit for step counting and plan to continue in 2019. I don't use any wearables, so this is my only fitness tracker.
    I also try and get my heart points!
  • matteo.m matteo.m
    Staff member  / 
    madbilly said:

Interesting idea! I've made some new years' resolutions, one of them is that I will try and read my paper books at bedtime instead of trying to stay up to date with this community forum! :D 

I'm still looking for an efficient way of keeping track of new topics. So far the best I have is using the RSS feeds from individual forums and grouping them in a single folder in Newsblur: https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.newsblur/ (also available on Google Play).

This works well on mobile but on desktop the web app doesn't allow to see more than 3 posts in a folder without subscribing to their premium service (which looks good, btw, but more than I need). So my next step is to self-host a Newsblur instance so I can overcome this restrictions - it's a new year project!

You might ask why I don't use another online news aggregator with a mobile app like Feedly or The Old Reader. Feedly is not FLOSS (which is something I'm trying to stick to) and unfortunately The Old Reader cannot show the full article from feeds which don't include this (it can be extracted from the linked page's reading view, but the Old Reader doesn't do this).

My other new years resolutions regarding my digital self are:
    1. An App purge - get rid of all those apps which I don't use which just consume resources and risk me leaking personal data
    2. A data detox - https://datadetox.myshadow.org/en/home - try and clean up my digital footprint.
    Cheers :)
    App Purge definitely up next from my side!
  • wyk wyk
     / 
    My all time favorite... my digital library. .my personal library .. ❤️

Amazon kindle. 
  • An inbuilt video and audio editor app whose name is Nokia Digi-editor this is an very useful app if it have the features different from other. All features I have in my mind and full app design I have but please give me a chance to show myself Nokia.
  • The only new app I installed this year is Adobe Capture. So let me put that into the recommendation list. :)
  • user1541993739828 user1541993739828
     /  edited January 13
    Music player, gallery,video player,image editor not available app Nokia 8.1 
  • petrus petrus
     /  edited January 14
    My recommended apps are:

The Health Mate application is great for tracking my activities with Steel HR watches. The Gravity Gesture application uses a gyroscope and accelerator. You can set the desired action in the x, y and z axes. It's a strong addictive.
  • No notch in mxplayer
  • Dear sir my Nokia 6.1 plus be hanging problem please solve my problem and new system is updated Android 9 updated also hanging problem please solve my problem
  • my recommendation is Custom Navigation Bar by paphonb
  • Vaibhav yadav Vaibhav yadav
     /  edited January 16
    I will recommend that you should develop basic apps 
    Of our daily use..
    eg.voice  recorder, .Nokia audio video player, notepad, etc
    You should give us some useful features in setting like as dual apps, phone manager as given in Huawei and mi, and should improve  post image processing after clicking shots..
  • I want a best photo editor app ..but not find in play store.
  • In Microsoft Lumia there was a fantasia painting __ photoeditor
  • I have Nokia 6.1 plus mobile using since 4months. IAM facing charging issue,
     1)phone charges some times is mobile is very near to adapter or else it wont charges.
    2) And more ever battery drains very fast

Please suggest me what to do
  • Nokia's original music player Xpress music player ❤️
  • It would be really great if Nokia could provide some exclusive apps for it's users. Thus makes the tag line perfect. 👍 ✌️#StandOutAndTellYourStory

• Music player, gallery,video player,image editor not available app Nokia 8.1 
    Also these apps are not in nokia 7.1
  • New Year certainly brings fresh air over study or work-life balance, and using some interesting apps as a part of daily routine might change the way we live or contribute to new thoughts and
    perception in some way.  :D  
    Glad that @matteo.m put such an interesting and useful thread for the community to explore !
    Some of the whole bunch of applications that I have recently been using are the following:
    1.   Kahoot !
    2.   Spotify
    3.   Line Camera
    4.   Temple Run 2
    5.   Google Fit: Health and Activity Tracking
    There could be a lot more depending on one's choice and preferences.  ;)
    Let's kickstart 2019 in the best way !

Best wishes,
     :) 
  • My favourite apps all the time is:
    1. Twitter - Sharing your life and close with others.
    2. WiFi Map - WiFi password contribute by user so no need ask WiFi password anymore.
    3. Swarm - A app by Foursquare can check-in to places. You can record and trackback next time.
    4. Grammarly Keyboard - A useful keyboard for correcting your wrong word.
    5. 500px and YouPic - A photo social network dedicated for smartphone photographers like Instagram and it list all the photo's information like Flickr.

• wynk music : i can find any song i want from there..... i just love it😍😍
  • wynk music : i can find any song i want from there..... i just love it😍😍
  • One of my resolutions was to find new bands and artists to listen to and not just from mainstream labels. Bandcamp has loads and loads of artists from all over the world, mostly self releasing. In the bandcamp app you can listen to music on line for free and purchase songs to download in high quality and listen off line. 
    It's a great way to discover and learn about new music
    https://bandcamp.com/
  • Now a days*pubg* was an addictive game!! Instead of downloading 1Gb , why don't we give with system !!
  • Microsoft Launcher Is A Great Launcher.
    Make It Nokia Own Launcher.😎😎😎