Downgrade to Android Oreo from Android pie ( Nokia 7 plus )

guys i just want to use my phone for photography but after i update to android pie google photos not working well all time buggy most of time black/blank screen and most of times its take 10~30 minute to add new photo i just shot with my phone no update for this problem so i have to downgrade .

Downgrade to Android Oreo from Android pie ( Nokia 7 plus )

Mojtaba97 Mojtaba97 ✭✭
✭✭  / 
guys i just want to use my phone for photography but after i update to android pie google photos not working well all time buggy most of time black/blank screen and most of times its take 10~30 minute to add new photo i just shot with my phone no update for this problem so i have to downgrade . now the problem is there is no way to downgrade i use ADB or SD card update method from recovery menu all time i just get Downgrade is not allowed !!!! what ?!?!?!? not allowed ? since when ?! just help me how to rollback to Android Oreo because i can't use my phone photography part at all .

Comments

• mohan reddy mohan reddy ✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭  /  edited January 13
    If you want to downgrade to Oreo, there is an option, I will give you the steps here.
    Prerequisites:
    1) Download the latest adb tools from https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools. Extract the zip file and move the contents into C:\adb, if there isn't a adb folder create it.
    2) Download the Oreo zip file  from Nokia Android Developer Preview site, https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/developer. If you haven't previously registered, register your device and after that you can find a manual roll back option, expand it to find the download. Move it to the C:\adb folder. (If you are not able to download the Oreo zip, file name: B2N-213B-0-00WW-B05-update.zip, please inform me I'll try to upload it to Google Drive or One Drive and share it with you.)
    3) Make sure that in your phone Developer options are on and in them USB Debugging is also on.
    4) Install the latest drivers of your phone in your PC. (If you connect your phone to PC, you would see a partition named CD ROM in Windows FIle Explorer, I think, in that you can find the driver you need to install)

If you have completed all the above steps, you are ready to perform the downgrade as you have requested. Please be advised that you will lose all your data when you downgrade, so, please do a backup of all your important files. If you want, please do a factory reset before downgrading.

The steps to perform the downgrade.
    1) Connect your phone to PC, make sure you have turned on USB debugging in developer options.
    2) Immediately after connecting, you would see a notification on your phone asking you to whether you approve of the USB debugging, Click Ok.
    3) Now open C:\adb folder in windows file explorer, right click anywhere on the screen while holding down the 'Shift' key. From the options select 'open a powershell window here'. You would now see a PowerShell window.
    4) Type "adb devices" in the PowerShell window and press 'Enter'. You should see your device ID under 'List of Devices'.
    5) Type "adb reboot recovery" in the Window and press 'Enter'. You should see that your phone has been turned off and then you would see that there android figure with 'No Command' written under it.
    6) Press 'Power' button and then press 'Volume UP' button in order to enter 'recovery menu' of your phone.
    7) From the options select 'apply update from adb', you should see the device goes blank and at the end of the screen there would be a message that the device is ready for sideload and instruction on how to do it.
    8) Type "adb sideload 'filename'.zip" in the PowerShell Window and press 'Enter'. You should see that now the update is being installed. (here filename means the name of the update file i.e., B2N-213B-0-00WW-B05-update.zip)
    9) After the completion of installation, the phone will ask you to reboot the phone. Select 'Reboot system now'. After Reboot, you would have to set up the from scratch.

There some difficulties with downgrading your phone I think, previously there were cases of not getting OTA updates etc. So, please do it at your own risk and make sure that you have backed up important files.

Also, please inform me if this works and how is the experience and any difficulties you encounter, so that other people can use the same process if needed.
  • Mojtaba97 Mojtaba97 ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    If you want to downgrade to Oreo, there is an option, I will give you the steps here.
    Prerequisites:
    1) Download the latest adb tools from https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools. Extract the zip file and move the contents into C:\adb, if there isn't a adb folder create it.
    2) Download the Oreo zip file  from Nokia Android Developer Preview site, https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/developer. If you haven't previously registered, register your device and after that you can find a manual roll back option, expand it to find the download. Move it to the C:\adb folder. (If you are not able to download the Oreo zip, file name: B2N-213B-0-00WW-B05-update.zip, please inform me I'll try to upload it to Google Drive or One Drive and share it with you.)
    3) Make sure that in your phone Developer options are on and in them USB Debugging is also on.
    4) Install the latest drivers of your phone in your PC. (If you connect your phone to PC, you would see a partition named CD ROM in Windows FIle Explorer, I think, in that you can find the driver you need to install)

If you have completed all the above steps, you are ready to perform the downgrade as you have requested. Please be advised that you will lose all your data when you downgrade, so, please do a backup of all your important files. If you want, please do a factory reset before downgrading.

1) Connect your phone to PC, make sure you have turned on USB debugging in developer options.
    2) Immediately after connecting, you would see a notification on your phone asking you to whether you approve of the USB debugging, Click Ok.
    3) Now open C:\adb folder in windows file explorer, right click anywhere on the screen while holding down the 'Shift' key. From the options select 'open a powershell window here'. You would now see a PowerShell window.
    4) Type "adb devices" in the PowerShell window and press 'Enter'. You should see your device ID under 'List of Devices'.
    5) Type "adb reboot recovery" in the Window and press 'Enter'. You should see that your phone has been turned off and then you would see that there android figure with 'No Command' written under it.
    6) Press 'Power' button and then press 'Volume UP' button in order to enter 'recovery menu' of your phone.
    7) From the options select 'apply update from adb', you should see the device goes blank and at the end of the screen there would be a message that the device is ready for sideload and instruction on how to do it.
    8) Type "adb sideload 'filename'.zip" in the PowerShell Window and press 'Enter'. You should see that now the update is being installed. (here filename means the name of the update file i.e., B2N-213B-0-00WW-B05-update.zip)
    9) After the completion of installation, the phone will ask you to reboot the phone. Select 'Reboot system now'. After Reboot, you would have to set up the from scratch.

There some difficulties with downgrading your phone I think, previously there were cases of not getting OTA updates etc. So, please do it at your own risk and make sure that you have backed up important files.

Also, please inform me if this works and how is the experience and any difficulties you encounter, so that other people can use the same process if needed.
    I already did all of this but in recovery menu after checking the zip file i mean after the command line for adb sideload the phone show a message that downgrade is not allowed right after checking the rollback zip file i downloaded from nokia developer website .
  • nsakq v30 nsakq v30 ✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Visit your nearest service crcent
  • mohan reddy mohan reddy ✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Mojtaba97 said:
    Prerequisites:

I already did all of this but in recovery menu after checking the zip file i mean after the command line for adb sideload the phone show a message that downgrade is not allowed right after checking the rollback zip file i downloaded from nokia developer website .
    Check this, if you haven't already. https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-7-plus/how-to/finally-downgrade-phone-official-t3849437