Wifi issue Nokia 7 plus - Page 2

I chatted with Nokia support and the guy asked me if I have Bluetooth turned on, which actually is the case. He asked me to follow this procedure:

Wifi issue Nokia 7 plus

Comments

• I chatted with Nokia support and the guy asked me if I have Bluetooth turned on, which actually is the case. He asked me to follow this procedure:

- turn BT off
    - reboot to safe mode (hold power button until menu appears, then hold "power off")
    - turn BT back on
    - press Power and Vol+ simultaneously and hold both until the androidone logo appears

I did this yesterday and the WiFi problems have disappeared since then. Device was in airplane mode over night, connected to my AP immediately this morning. Left home, came back, WiFi reconnected immediately. Until yesterday, I often had to reboot in these cases. 
  • Same here. Since december update, WiFi doesn't work when leaving airplane mode. Only very few SSIDs are detected (the strongest I guess) and no connection can be established until I reboot my phone. After the reboot, everything works fine until I enter and exit airplane mode again.
    I am also facing the same issue at home and in office. Hope Nokia will do something with January security update
  • I have the same problem 
  • OK, the "solution" I described above does *not* work. Today, when exiting airplane mode in the morning, I was unable to connect to my WiFi until I rebooted the device. So the problem is back. 
  • Same problem after Dec security update. Per Support chat, it is bug, hope can fix on next update.
    My 6.1+ same wifi issue seems solve after Dec update
  • My Nokia 8 Sirocco cannot find my BTH90 NC headphones
  • Hi Nokia,

please fix the wifi issue asap.
    we all are facing the same prob in Nokia 7 plus.
    Poor range in wifi receiver, limited access to internet.
  • Hammad Khalid Hammad Khalid
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Alc said:
    Android 9.0 Feedback: 

1. WIFI cannot be connected (eg. default connect to my home wifi) once you restart the phone or just turn on or off the wifi. This happens sometimes. Never happened on Android 8.1 or previous version. 

2. NFC sometimes does not function, and it can only be solved by restarting the phone. This happens sometimes as well. Never happened on Android 8.1 or previous version. 

3. Charging time is a bit longer? Take almost 2 hours to fully charge the phone.

4. The home screen interface sometimes doesn't response the next action (like swifting left or right) right after responding to the gesture of pushing up from the bottom (the push up action is completed though). I have to press off screen button and on the screen again to reactivate the phone and get the response. 

Hope your team can solve these problems as soon as possible and release the next Android update to our users. Thanks. @Nokia ;

yes u r right 
    i also face these problems but wifi is the main problem
  • Salm Salm
     / 
    My fone Nokia 7 plus 1046 this November update virison p is so bad because Wi-Fi problem and issues sometimes not good scanned sometimes automatically disconnected sometimes Internet error i am working in saudi arabia plz plz plz next update mostly see this problem and solved the problem wifi is not good after what a fon tell me wifi problem and not gallery and not sound recording and not nokia android keyboard plz issue the next virison and solved this problems mostly wifi issues 
  • pov pov
    ✭✭  / 
    I have same problem. Must turn on and off the WiFi many times before it's ok. Do not have same problem with other device's.
  • john007 john007
     /  edited January 2
    For me with the latest december update, I can't connect to Wifi 2.4 but it is ok with 5.0.

And another major problem is the video playback : I can't play a video at 1080p on youtube else the video is freezing. Playback is only smooth at 720p.

With twitch, same problem, no 1080p playback possible except in 720 not even in 720p.

Nokia, I'm disgusted about my purchase, really :-(
  • iak iak
     / 
    This worked for me too. Thanks!
  • Hello guys,

I've had the same issues you have all had. I am guessing that it was because the latedt android 9 update was not installed well in some of our Nokia 7 plus devices 

Solution:

All I did was factory reset my phone. And I did not have the WiFi connectivity issues anymore on android 9. :)

I'm just glad I can use this device to its full capabilities now.

Hope this helps.

✭✭✭  / 
    Hello guys,

I've had the same issues you have all had. I am guessing that it was because the latedt android 9 update was not installed well in some of our Nokia 7 plus devices 

Solution:

All I did was factory reset my phone. And I did not have the WiFi connectivity issues anymore on android 9. :)

I'm just glad I can use this device to its full capabilities now.

Hope this helps.

I also did a factory reset,hard reset , visited Nokia Care 2 times they reimreinsta the software...but still same.
  • I'm also having this issue. It sucks. Nokia need to fix this in January security patch
  • ayanprokid ayanprokid
    ✭✭  /  edited January 7
    same issue with my device.. nokia support told me reset network settings and then force restart.. which worked only for 2 days.and then again the same problem.. i hope they provide a fix in January update.
  • Turn it off and then turn on again then it can find all the WiFi again but why I have you do it because your mistake
  • fck i have the same issue nothing seems to work very disappointed in choosing Nokia phones it's irritating that i need to restart every time when connecting again to wifi nokia 7 plus here i think it started when i choose airplane mode then turned it off that is the trigger or some android update made it
  • I got this phone as a gift before christmas and I've had nothing but problems connecting to wifi.

This is HORRIBLE!

Everytime I come home for work or after waking up I need to reboot my phone. But even when it works it has poor performance. Other people get 50mbps on my wifi when sitting right next to me, mine gets to 10mbps if it connects at all.....

And don't bother sending some crazy combination of settings whilst holding my right earlobe and jumping on my left leg to get this piece of plastic working... I've tried everything already. I want this to work just as it should!
  • Talk to nokia support from Dec, they know the problem but don't know when can fix.
    Feb is coming..... No point to buy Nokia 8.1 la
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Anyone having any working solution
  • Same problem for me.

Wifi APs in the list are disappearing and coming back sometimes, but my own AP keeps unavailable. Reboot helps for a while. Will try if it has to do with airplane mode, wich I turn on every 2nd night.

p.s.: already had this issue from time to time on several other phones (Nexuses), so it seems to be core android topic!
  • Sameer Hembrom Sameer Hembrom
    ✭✭  / 
    Same problem here on my nokia 7 plus too
  • Sameer Hembrom Sameer Hembrom
    ✭✭  / 
    Same problem on my nokia 7 plus  plz fix this nokia asap 
  • Beyond **** off. First Nokia phone since my oneplus 3 died, should've gotten another oneplus HMD/Nokia, come on, thus is embarrassing!!! 
  • Mr.SNIPER Mr.SNIPER
     / 
    Joe12 said:
    two days ago I got OTA v3.39B . Android Pie and soon after 1 December security update. From that time problems with wifi,disconeting, or  only device in my house saying no wifi available. Batery life is much much worse as well. Before 6 hours on screen time and two days between charges. Now first time discharged before evening of second day with hardly any onscreen time. Google play services draining most

• Mr.SNIPER Mr.SNIPER
     / 
    I m also facing same problem
  • Same problem for me.

Wifi APs in the list are disappearing and coming back sometimes, but my own AP keeps unavailable. Reboot helps for a while. Will try if it has to do with airplane mode, wich I turn on every 2nd night.

p.s.: already had this issue from time to time on several other phones (Nexuses), so it seems to be core android topic!
    Now I know it HAS to do with Airplane Mode. I accidentally switched to it this morning foraa second or two and from this moment the Wifi didn't connect anymore.
  • I have the same problem. WiFi disconnect and can't reconnect until reboot the phone. Other times it slow down until reboot phone.
    I'm bit disappointed, the phone is great and the only one with Android one..but this is a big problem!