Nokia 6.1 Plus WIFI does not connect after Android 9 Pie Update - Page 6

(Quote) Unfortunately not for me. I got Dec. 1. update and wifi keeps malfunctioning :-(

Nokia 6.1 Plus WIFI does not connect after Android 9 Pie Update

Comments

• MarTex MarTex
    ✭✭  / 
    garvit said:
    I think this problem is now fixed in the December update. I have updated the device and have not faced this issue as of now. In this new build, I did everything that could replicate the issue in previous build but the issue did not occur. So, it is safe to assume that the issue is now gone in the new build.
    Yes, it seems to be.
    But I will test it for a day or two as the problem arised previously by using wifi direct feature(via file sharing apps like files, xender,etc) But as of now it is stable but let's see what will happen after continuous usage of such apps

Unfortunately not for me. I got Dec. 1. update and wifi keeps malfunctioning :-(
  • ashutoshm07 ashutoshm07
    ✭✭  / 
    MarTex said:
    garvit said:
    I think this problem is now fixed in the December update. I have updated the device and have not faced this issue as of now. In this new build, I did everything that could replicate the issue in previous build but the issue did not occur. So, it is safe to assume that the issue is now gone in the new build.
    Yes, it seems to be.
    But I will test it for a day or two as the problem arised previously by using wifi direct feature(via file sharing apps like files, xender,etc) But as of now it is stable but let's see what will happen after continuous usage of such apps

Unfortunately not for me. I got Dec. 1. update and wifi keeps malfunctioning :-(
    You earlier said you have Nokia 7 plus. I think this is only true for 6.1 plus.
  • من هم همین مشکل را دارم
  • Hi,
    After updating the Google latest security patch in Nokia 6.1 plus I am facing the problem is earphone sound quality is very poor. Not amazing to listen any songs use the earphone right now. Please fix this problem.

Thanks
    Somnath
  • Hi..
    Back then when i purchased the device I had plenty of issues right from WIFI connectivity issues till automatic date and time issue, so took it to authorised service centre and reverted back to android 8, thereafter WiFi worked properly, but GPS location & Date snd time issues we're not fixed, today morning i received as new update notification & my doubt right now is....
    Whether WIFI issues fixed?
    GPS & Automatic date and time fixed ?
  • Hi..
    Back then when i purchased the device I had plenty of issues right from WIFI connectivity issues till automatic date and time issue, so took it to authorised service centre and reverted back to android 8, thereafter WiFi worked properly, but GPS location & Date snd time issues we're not fixed, today morning i received as new update notification & my doubt right now is....
    Whether WIFI issues fixed?
    GPS & Automatic date and time fixed ?
    Yes, it's fixed. No wifi issues.
  • sureshrathod sureshrathod
    ✭✭✭  / 
    you have to restart your device when problem persists.I did so i haven't been problem.May Be Reset Your Device.
    found solution i.e.when we adding hidden wifi network at that time tap on advance options and set yes Hidden Network Option.It will connect hidden wifi network easily after that.
  • saurabhwadikar saurabhwadikar
    ✭✭  / 
    Wifi connectivity not working properly
  • Savis Savis
     / 
    Dear folks, please don't worry, this problem has been solved but I wonder why Nokia has never declared the solution.
    There is a **** option in the WiFi setting with which you can set local DNS. Please, simply turn it off in order to enjoy experiencing your brand new Nokia.
  • user1542435307896 user1542435307896
     /  edited March 5
    about having trouble connecting to Wi-Fi on android 9 : turn off the "open network notification" which is in "Wi-Fi preferences". it seems there is a bug with Network Notifications, turn it off, it should work.
  • <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/Nikhil">Nikhil</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText"><div dir="ltr"><p>I found this on the web and it worked for me...</p><p>
    </p><p><span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Roboto, Arial, sans-serif;">Wi-Fi <b>won't</b> turn on automatically for the saved networks when:</span><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Roboto, Arial, sans-serif;"><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Roboto, Arial, sans-serif;"><span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Roboto, Arial, sans-serif;">    The Location is off</span><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Roboto, Arial, sans-serif;"><span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Roboto, Arial, sans-serif;">    Battery saver is on</span><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Roboto, Arial, sans-serif;"><span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Roboto, Arial, sans-serif;">    Airplane mode is on</span><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Roboto, Arial, sans-serif;"><span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Roboto, Arial, sans-serif;">    Tethering ("hotspot") is on</span><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Roboto, Arial, sans-serif;"><span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Roboto, Arial, sans-serif;">    Background Wi-Fi scanning is off</span>
    </p>
    </div></div>
    </blockquote>
    I am also facing the same issue. WiFi connection was lost after that not able to connect even if it is in stored and this is my home WiFi else other WiFi I am able to connect , tried rest WiFi but still does not work service centre say factory reset
  • snehal268 said:

Hi,

I am facing a problem with WiFi connectivity after Android 9 Update, I need to restart my phone every time to connect WIFI.

please fix this problem. 

Thanks,

Snehal

Hello Folks, I've tried all the way in the whole web. All the way by contacting Nokia Support 3 times, All the way Nokia Care tried for me, nothing worked. At last I've downgraded to Oreo again today and all fine, no wifi issues, phone so fast and everytingperfect. So by all means Nokia seems don't care about fixing or helping customers in software issues. We love Nokia that's why Purchased by previous trust. If Nokia need 1 year to solve an software issue, It seems Nokia will be vanished from Mobile Market in couple years. Thousands of people had issues and promised never to buy Nokia, so surely their sales amount will be half this year. Very much disappointed by their unsuccessfull support who even don't know what are the issues, They asked me to what is the wifif issues and I've let them know to search in whole internet :) They try to proove actually there is not such wifi issues in the world except me :)
  • Siddiq Siddiq
     / 
    <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div><a rel="nofollow">sayandey</a> said:</div>
    <div><div><p>Hi All,</p><p>
    </p><p>I am facing an issue with the WiFi connection in my Nokia 6.1 Plus. The WiFi connection keeps getting lost from time-to-time. Also there are occasions when the phone is shown to be connected to the WiFi router, but there is no internet connectivity at all. These are intermittent issues and one that cause great confusion really! Anybody facing similar issues?</p><p>
    </p><p>Thanks,</p><p>Sayan</p>
    </div></div>
    </blockquote>
  • I have exactly the same issue, since nokia 6 android 9 update wifi is very very unreliable at the best of times.
    no other device is experiencing this.