how was the battery standby in nokia 8.1

hi guys can u pls share your experiences about Nokia 8.1 battery standby

how was the battery standby in nokia 8.1

hi guys can u pls share your experiences about Nokia 8.1 battery standby

Comments

• nitheesh nitheesh ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 5
    Hi @prasanna surya I am getting one day charge with normal use. Mostly I am using the camera, social networks and maybe some time's watching videos for around 1 hrs.
    All these activities are done without using battery saver mode.
    Everyone will have a different experience based on their usage, screen time, number of apps and background activities etc. Yesterdays my screen time was 8 hrs and charged(100%) by yesterday morning at 9 am and by checking today morning it's 21%.
    In my case, I am happy with this battery life.
  • Narayanan.R Narayanan.R ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    @nitin kachare How would be the battery performance do you think if you put charge through mi 20000 mah power bank that also with QC3.0 bcoz that gives flexibility of charging it anywhere. Have you ever heard someone using it??. Does it degrades over the period of usage?? What do you think..
  • singhnsk singhnsk ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @nitin kachare How would be the battery performance do you think if you put charge through mi 20000 mah power bank that also with QC3.0 bcoz that gives flexibility of charging it anywhere. Have you ever heard someone using it??. Does it degrades over the period of usage?? What do you think..
    It will be the same as charging the device using wall adapter. I do use that same power bank. 
    Batteries do have a life and they degrade after they hit their charge - discharge cycles. So, I guess the more you charge it is the sooner the battery degrades. But then you'll have to charge it based on your usage habits.
    ✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    It will be the same as charging the device using wall adapter. I do use that same power bank. 
    Batteries do have a life and they degrade after they hit their charge - discharge cycles. So, I guess the more you charge it is the sooner the battery degrades. But then you'll have to charge it based on your usage habits.
    So is that OK continuing charge using power bank rather than traditional wall type method
  • singhnsk singhnsk ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:
    So is that OK continuing charge using power bank rather than traditional wall type method
    It is all okay if you ask me. All I can add is to try to avoid using the phone while it is charging. Charging already produces heat and using the phone can heat it even more. Heat is bad for the battery :blush:
  • Nikitaa Nikitaa ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi its it first day using nokia 8.1 well its charging is too slow 10% charge in half n hour with original cable n adapter. No fast charging. Draining too fast. Not even a day .pls anyone can help resolving this issue as i have just started to use this i dnt think such battery problm should occur.
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Nikitaa I've bee using it since 22 days but such kind of issues didn't occur, it takes 1and a half hour to charge when I keep switched on the WiFi and mobile net also when so many apps opened in background. Otherwise when you switched off the phone it only takes half an hour from 10%. It goes for a day  with heavy use and if you on battery saver it goes for 1 day and few more hours. But if you are a normal usage than it goes well for 1and a half day.  
    Try charging while switched off then notice, then comment here we will tryto help you. 
    ✭✭  / 
    Nikitaa said:
    Hi its it first day using nokia 8.1 well its charging is too slow 10% charge in half n hour with original cable n adapter. No fast charging. Draining too fast. Not even a day .pls anyone can help resolving this issue as i have just started to use this i dnt think such battery problm should occur.
    Only 10% in half n hour?? Unbelievable, Well it could be you plugged during your phone is at 0 to 5% or at almost dead. In that case, it is usually S/W behaves like that as it takes time for battery up. Other than that it's unusual to behave in your case. Is that almost everytime??. Maybe you can try charging it after shut down or keep yours at safe mode and try. In safe mode all the 3rd party apps installed will not function so it's easy to track off which apps slow down charges. 
  • Nikitaa Nikitaa ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    @Narayanan.R my phone was 40% when i plugged in for charging after half an hour i checked n it was 49%. Plus wire when connected to jack is moving like its not connected well. Sad thing is i have just started using my new phone and it is acting like this. I might need to replace my mobile but doesnt know if nokia will support or not as its internal loss not mine!!
  • Nikitaa Nikitaa ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    @nimisha gupta thank you for your help. Its my new phone although i bought it when it wad launched in india but due to unavailability of cover n temper i was afraid to use it . Since yesterday m using it as my new cover arrived. Today battery issue occured even if i charge it while switching it off still it drains very early n while charging cable connected to jack is moving as if its not connected properly. Dont know if nokia will support me by replacing my phone because its their fault not mine .i dont want servicing but replace it to new
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Nikitaa don't worry, if it is in replacement warranty then go for as soon as possible, they will ask you to first visit service centre to make sure that where the problem is. You need a validation for replacement from service centre and then they will replace it. But for details contact them on toll free no. Of Nokia and email them at [email protected] :)
  • Nikitaa Nikitaa ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    @nimisha gupta thanks alot.i appreciate it hope for the best
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    i charged at 1 pm and look it's still 37 % and without switched off my WiFi   Nikitaa said:
    @nimisha gupta thanks alot.i appreciate it hope for the best

• nitin kachare nitin kachare ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 12
    It has 18W Fast Charger.Fast Charging Only Works i.e. 0-50% fast as i seen on my device i.e.30-35 Minutes without using device or display on.Then another 51%-90% added with another 40-45 Minutes.and Last i.e.91%-100% takes 25-30 Minutes.So Basically It's take 95-100 Minutes if your device completely switch off and if  Device Switch On Display Off without use of data, wifi,gps,etc then 95-110 Minutes For Complete Charge.My Nokia 8.1 gives me 24 hours battery back up with moderate use.I have to charge early only when i played high graphics games i.e.Pubg and Excessive Use Of Camera.
  • nitin kachare nitin kachare ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 12
    I think you should have use mi 20000 powerbank as it support max 18w which is same as we get original charger i.e.18W.I know some of expert says that it will degrade your battery life when we use other than original charger but fact is that we charge our device from same 18w output whether its powerbank or charger.Just Check and inform me what will time taken on mi powerbank for charging between 0%-50%,51%-90%,91%-100% without using device and keep data,gps,wifi,display off.So I can get idea whether i would have to buy or not.
    ✭✭  / 
    I think you should have use mi 20000 powerbank as it support max 18w which is same as we get original charger i.e.18W.I know some of expert says that it will degrade your battery life when we use other than original charger but fact is that we charge our device from same 18w output whether its powerbank or charger.Just Check and inform me what will time taken on mi powerbank for charging between 0%-50%,51%-90%,91%-100% without using device and keep data,gps,wifi,display off.So I can get idea whether i would have to buy or not.
    You are right!! am using it on daily usage to charge my device. I also double checked it's specifications 2*5.1v-2.4A, 9v-2A & 12v-1.5A max 18w, it's the same as Nokia charger provided along with this. I usually plug when it reaches nearly 10. am noticing it takes only a min for each and every percent increase. It slows down a little after it touches 84 to 90 and further till 100. Anyway I tell you later with similar breakdown as you mentioned..
  • sks sks ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    I am not even getting the expected screen on time of 5 hours. It drains very quickly, my friends Nokia 7.1 is getting better screen on time, 7 hours regularly
  • nitheesh nitheesh ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 17
    sks said:
    I am not even getting the expected screen on time of 5 hours. It drains very quickly, my friends Nokia 7.1 is getting better screen on time, 7 hours regularly

Some tips to save the battery charge (I am also following these steps  ).
    1. Enable battery saver (If you want).
    2. Enable Adaptive Battery (The feature only available in Android Pie)
    3. Restricted App list: Will help to block unwanted apps in background activity
    4. Enable Wind Down inside the Digital Wellbeing (The feature only available in Android Pie)
    I hope it will help you.
    ✭✭  / 
    Yes, I've break down of time as how you mentioned, it's taking 32~37 mints from 1%-50%, 47~50 mints reach from 51% to 90% and 27~28 mints from 91% to 100%. So roughly it takes 107~114 mints for full charge. I'm roughly getting 40~44 hrs once fully charged.
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    But whenever I use hotspot it drains so fast. Within use of 6 hrs it reaches from 100 to 26% even though I use battery saver since starting...thats a little disappointment.
  • TabreezSuhan TabreezSuhan ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    One of my friend is using,8.1 .. he love battery backup after listening music.. Playing game when ever he free
  • Kirti Arora Kirti Arora ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    I also have battery drain issue, When I started to use with 2 BSNL Sims it's started draining fast & some heating also. When I used single sim of Docomo for almost 12 days, it was giving fantastic backup but now not. Please help.