Charging port loosen up in just 3 months

How much time does it take to get repaired from service centre.

Charging port loosen up in just 3 months

Answers

• I am also facing same issue with my nokia 6.1 plus.Today i have visited service center and they sumbitted my phone as they have not spare part in stock...god knows in which condition my phone..they told me to call them after 10 days.
  • Drishik sharma Drishik sharma
    ✭✭  / 
    had the same issue  ,      repaired   in around 1 month    lolz   took  too long  but   they  ask for a week for the most
  • user1540309621735 user1540309621735
    ✭✭  /  edited February 1
    Faced 2 times in 3 months and service center take 7 days to resolve the issue..Poor quality by nokia. 3 freinds of mine cancel there device order after saw charging socket problem in my device. take back your phone please . don't want this now
  • pradon pradon
    ✭✭  /  edited February 1
    This is absolutely downright ridiculous and frustrating hardware and manufacturing quality issue.

I am sure now, there are many who are troubled by such problems but are not coming out or their issues are not coming up.

Already came across couple more people facing same issues and not able to leave phone at service center due to various issues.

I wonder how is this phone and Nokia are winning delightful praise and awards basis this phone.

I have posted the issue and the situation to the Customer Care support email several times now and they are least bothered to respond back.

Nokia better start taking care of this issue and provide viable solutions else the same will need to be raised to the level of consumer forum now.
  • Hi i am also facing problem and today i have submitted my phone in nokia care and they are taking to replace its charging usb parts minimum 10-12 days.
  • pradon said:
    This is absolutely downright ridiculous and frustrating hardware and manufacturing quality issue.

I am sure now, there are many who are troubled by such problems but are not coming out or their issues are not coming up.

Already came across couple more people facing same issues and not able to leave phone at service center due to various issues.

I wonder how is this phone and Nokia are winning delightful praise and awards basis this phone.

I have posted the issue and the situation to the Customer Care support email several times now and they are least bothered to respond back.

Nokia better start taking care of this issue and provide viable solutions else the same will need to be raised to the level of consumer forum now.
    Yes i have also faced this issue in my nokia 6.1 plus. And i have already submitted my phone on 31st january. And they will told me to contact them after 10 days. I will suggest please don't buy this 3rd class phone.
  • I am facing this same problem. Should I go to the service center. This is my primary Device so anything above 2 days cantcbe accepted .
  • pradon pradon
    ✭✭  /  edited February 6
    Truely comic and ridiculous situation for some people who have single primary device and number. To top it off, the customer service is totally unresponsive. The email communications are unaswered, no higher authority contacts shared on telecall and single response to visit Care Center and discuss there.

Seeing so many issues, I would atleast have expected Nokia to make available the parts readily at their centers or at easily accessible at their warehouses for the service centers to service the issue in fastest possible manner. The issue if replaced by part can be a couple of hours or worst case Day's job including all formalities, if the parts are readily made available by Nokia. However, Nokia choses to ignore the grave issue and that too occuring in so many numbers. This tops the cake. Great way going Nokia !
  • I agree with @pradon said.
    You (Nokia) should take care and take action ASAP for this problem.
    I appreciate if Nokia Care can repair it for free by changing the broken daughterboard, but please INCREASE THE CHARGING PORT QUALITY to avoid your users return to Nokia Care with the same problem.
    I see not just 10 users that already going to Nokia Care twice thrice or even more, to just fixing this charging port issue.
    Even not just 6.1 Plus users, 5.1 Plus users also getting this problem.

If you care about your customers, take this serious problem to be solved ASAP, otherwise your users will be go to another brand even your name already big and 'legendary'.
  • pradon pradon
    ✭✭  / 
    I raised the issue and situation to [email protected] directly.

So far, this is the only response received yesterday

"
    In response to your concern regarding service complaint of Nokia 6.1 Plus, we would like to inform you that we are again forwarding your concern to our relevant department. They shall get back to you soon.

Thank you for contacting Nokia Mobile Care.
    Always looking to serve you better.
    "

Let's see what better insight Nokia has for its tormented customers.
  • pradon said:
    Truely comic and ridiculous situation for some people who have single primary device and number. To top it off, the customer service is totally unresponsive. The email communications are unaswered, no higher authority contacts shared on telecall and single response to visit Care Center and discuss there.

Seeing so many issues, I would atleast have expected Nokia to make available the parts readily at their centers or at easily accessible at their warehouses for the service centers to service the issue in fastest possible manner. The issue if replaced by part can be a couple of hours or worst case Day's job including all formalities, if the parts are readily made available by Nokia. However, Nokia choses to ignore the grave issue and that too occuring in so many numbers. This tops the cake. Great way going Nokia !
    Correct said! Nokia is not interested in solving issues. I have tweeted lots of tweets but i did not get any response til now. They are busy in the promotion of Nokia 9 pure view. Service ceters are pathetic. Mine phone is already in sevice center since last 8 days. I have already thought as soons as i got my phone i will sell this and never buy any nokia phone.
  • ritesh mishra ritesh mishra
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Same issue in my Nokia 5.1plus, service centre asking 1200₹for repair
  • Advocate VB Advocate VB
    ✭✭  / 
    this is the main reason due to which i have not bought this model 6.1 plus
  • pradon pradon
    ✭✭  / 
    Same issue in my Nokia 5.1plus, service centre asking 1200₹for repair
    That seems ridiculous. Is that out of warranty or within warranty?
  • Siddhant Chauhan Siddhant Chauhan
     /  edited February 8
    I bought it on 29 Jan and manufacturing date was November.Is there is some specific date of manufacture for this default.Now I am thinking I made a blunder mistake buying it though I loved it. I purchased it from local store.
  • <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/rachit%20">rachit </a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">same here , very bad quality from nokia  (charging port is unresponsive many times)
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    Bro I'm having the same problem.. service centre saying this is a liquid damage hence chargeable.. what can I do now
  • pradon pradon
    ✭✭  / 
    JEYAKUMAR said:
    rachit said:
    same here , very bad quality from nokia  (charging port is unresponsive many times)

Bro I'm having the same problem.. service centre saying this is a liquid damage hence chargeable.. what can I do now
    Were they able to show any proof of you causing liquid damage?

I am guessing a customer won't want to liquid test own phone 😁.

If at all a liquid damage, it could be that humidity causing liquid accumulation ? How does Nokia's build and service takes into account these other aspects and provide justification to their analysis?
  • I bought it on 29 Jan and manufacturing date was November.Is there is some specific date of manufacture for this default.Now I am thinking I made a blunder mistake buying it though I loved it. I purchased it from local store.
    As a nokia lover i won't suggest you this mobile.if you have the chance to return it pls do it and go for other options.
  • pradon pradon
    ✭✭  /  edited February 14
    pradon said:
    Since my raising the issue on the email on 7 Feb, and their overt response, there was absolutely no response further from customer care.

So I raised the issue again on the same email reply on 12 Feb which was responded nearly immediately with the below response

"Greetings from Nokia Mobile Care.

With reference to our earlier interaction with you on this issue, we understand that your issue still seems unresolved and we sincerely regret the inconvenience caused.

We will immediately take it up with the relevant team and arrange for a callback from our end to update you on the status of your request within next 24-48 hours.

Assuring you of our complete support in getting this resolved for you at the earliest.

Kind Regards,

But post that there is no movement at all from customer care on viable solution.
    I sincerely hope Nokia has some serious plan for this grave issue. I am already seeing many more troubled customers not here on forum. 
  • <span>nokia is bad, sparepat difficult to get the original. resold to the market is very cheap. I regret buying this product and I will no longer support this cellphone. HMD is a noob, if you can't design properly don't sell this cellphone to the market.</span>
  • aryan r aryan r
    ✭✭  / 
    I think you must go to consumer court and get refund of your phone and compensation just put a case on them because its under warranty and they are denying to do tht and need money .
  • wowow wow said:
    nokia is bad, sparepat difficult to get the original. resold to the market is very cheap. I regret buying this product and I will no longer support this cellphone. HMD is a noob, if you can't design properly don't sell this cellphone to the market.
    Yes, i have also faced this issue and my phone was in service center for 14 days because non availability of parts. I got it yesterday and immediately i sold this phone because this is not a old nokia that it used to be before. Service after sales is worst. They provide updates but with lots of bugs. I will never buy any nokia phone in future.
  • pradon pradon
    ✭✭  / 
    pradon said:
    pradon said:
    Since my raising the issue on the email on 7 Feb, and their overt response, there was absolutely no response further from customer care.

So I raised the issue again on the same email reply on 12 Feb which was responded nearly immediately with the below response

"Greetings from Nokia Mobile Care.

With reference to our earlier interaction with you on this issue, we understand that your issue still seems unresolved and we sincerely regret the inconvenience caused.

We will immediately take it up with the relevant team and arrange for a callback from our end to update you on the status of your request within next 24-48 hours.

Assuring you of our complete support in getting this resolved for you at the earliest.

Kind Regards,

But post that there is no movement at all from customer care on viable solution.
    I sincerely hope Nokia has some serious plan for this grave issue. I am already seeing many more troubled customers not here on forum. 
    After raising the non-responsiveness in approapriate manner with proper information, Nokia care reverted back with following on 19 February 2019 04:28 PM

"
    Greetings from Nokia Mobile Care.

We value the importance of your concern and regret for the inconvenience caused to you.

In response to your concern regarding service complaint of Nokia 6.1 Plus, as per telephonic conversation requested you to visit nearest service center and submit your device. Thereafter, revert us with the below mention details so that we can assist you in best possible manner.

1. Job sheet Number:

2. Service Centre address:

3. Service Centre Contact Number:

Note: Please carry your invoice with proper backup of your data and there should be no physical, liquid and cosmetic damage in device else warranty will be denied by Service Centre side.

If you need any assistance or clarifications, please feel free to contact Nokia Mobile Care at the Toll Free Number 1800-102-8169 (Working Timings-9:00am to 6:00pm: Mon-Sun). Alternately, you can email us at [email protected] for the latest news, information and product support please visit http://www.nokia.com/mobile-support .

"

There have been further communication which I will share as I get time later.
  • very poor after sale service from nokia. They don't even look into the quality standards of the service center owners before allotting the centers to them. Totally misguiding the customers. First they says that parts r not available, we will make it available in 10 days. Contacting them after 10 days, they says that we have no information regarding the parts. whether the parts have been despatched from the warehouse or not. Even a small spare part is not available with the service centers.