Buy OnePlus devices instead of Nokia 8,

Its waste of our time to speak here, we just show them the real loss, im already selling my Nokia 8 if any one interested may connect me in Karnataka (…

Buy OnePlus devices instead of Nokia 8,

imchandu03 imchandu03 ✭✭✭
✭✭✭  / 
Its waste of our time to speak here, we just show them the real loss, im already selling my Nokia 8 if any one interested may connect me in Karnataka ( Bangalore) switching to OnePlus, chinese brands are far better

Comments

• terminusaquo terminusaquo ✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I have to disagree, we all knew Pie wasn't finished when we installed it and yet OP thinks the grass is greener on the One Plus side. I guarantee that it won't be, their devices will have issues as well.
  • I have to disagree, we all knew Pie wasn't finished when we installed it and yet OP thinks the grass is greener on the One Plus side. I guarantee that it won't be, their devices will have issues as well.
    My brother is using oneplus 6. He installed pie in September and faced no major issue like in Nokia. Mainly because oneplus launches 2 phones in a year and nokia launches tons of it. You cant compare the support they provide to phones.
  • terminusaquo terminusaquo ✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭  /  edited February 10
    pardeep said:
    I have to disagree, we all knew Pie wasn't finished when we installed it and yet OP thinks the grass is greener on the One Plus side. I guarantee that it won't be, their devices will have issues as well.
    My brother is using oneplus 6. He installed pie in September and faced no major issue like in Nokia. Mainly because oneplus launches 2 phones in a year and nokia launches tons of it. You cant compare the support they provide to phones.
    Yet Samsung faced major issues when they released the Oreo update so no manufacturer is immune to issues, if you don't like Nokia devices then don't use them. Go buy a OnePlus device and be happy but there is a reason why Chinese infrastructure products are banned in some countries.
  • I have screen retention issue how do I fix this 
  • pardeep said:
    Yet Samsung faced major issues when they released the Oreo update so no manufacturer is immune to issues, if you don't like Nokia devices then don't use them. Go buy a OnePlus device and be happy but there is a reason why Chinese infrastructure products are banned in some countries.
    My only issue is the screen retention this is the first time am having this issue on a mobile phone 
  • MrBelter MrBelter ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Craddan said:
    I have screen retention issue how do I fix this 
    I don't think you can given the reports from everyone, if it is pretty mild then blast it with a pixel fixer for a couple of hours, this does seem to alleviate it but the chances are the screen will need replacing under warranty.
  • Hugh Matthews Hugh Matthews ✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭  / 
    People knew that Pie was incomplete feature-wise, but the compass issue was not a generally known about failure, mountain range, if you like.
    Just enjoy this picture (taken yesterday by a friend near Zugspitze) until the next update comes with a fix. :-)

• MrBelter MrBelter ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    People knew that Pie was incomplete feature-wise, but the compass issue was not a generally known about failure, mountain range, if you like.
    Just enjoy this picture (taken yesterday by a friend near Zugspitze) until the next update comes with a fix. :-)

I brought up the compass being wonky while only the beta was available and i reported the issue as did many others vis the feedback app but sadly HMD still forged ahead and released it as a stable release.

Nice photo BTW :smile:
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @ mrbelter Thanks, a friend sent me the photo, and when the bug in this forum system - which HMD obviously aren't in any rush to fix, either - asked for the 4th time which photo I wanted to upload, so...

✭✭✭  / 
    @jdan I too still think this is a great phone, and I frequently get terrific daylight shots, even though they don't all get tagged. Other phone makers certainly don’t do much for their users. I’ve had Samsungs since my Symbian Nokia E6 died and I never ever saw an upgrade.
    The Nokia 8 has a lot going for it, including video, if a decent app is used, unfortunately they don't come free. My workaround is to use FiLMiC Pro, with which the Nokia 8 performs very nicely indeed. Most of what it doesn't do with the stock app, it does just fine with FiLMiC, which I also use on an iPad. The audio isn't brilliant though, because only the stock video app can work with OZO. Sony's audio app, however, appears to use all three mics to make good solid mono audio. Filmic only uses one and often sounds tinny, particularly outdoors.
    In summary, let’s all report our legitimates woes to HMD Global and dream on. How nice it would be if HMD had got a team together and soon provided a fix - or rather a whole bunch of them.

• marsic marsic ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited February 11
    I keep reading about Chinese devices being banned in various countries. Shouldn't we, as HMD customers, be as worried as other Chinese brands customers, since HMD/Nokia devices are also made in China? What's to stop Foxconn from adding privacy violating hardware/software? Even under Finnish supervision of production (if that's even the case)...
  • @marsic - exactly nothing, but the ramifications of Chinese industry will be devastating if this happens (and gets discovered) - almost all mobile phones are manufactured in China  from every brand. 

The chips are sometimes produced elsewhere  and that make it more secure, as the chances of detection are huge if the "back-door" is implemented in software or separate silicone. Best chance of getting past control is to implement the back-door in the main chipset silicone - so as long as one use qualcom chips, one are fairly safe 😉
  • Vinitt R Vinitt R
     /  edited February 13
    One plus phone es have higher radiation me els.It will slowly kill you.Be patient and write an email to Nokia instead of losing an argument here.They will surely help you out.Even I own a Nokia 8 and have no issues other than battery .Considering it was Nokia's first flagship in years,it is brilliant.It is also Nokia's fastest phone and won the fastest phone of 2017 award.
  • imchandu03 imchandu03 ✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Vinitt R said:
    One plus phone es have higher radiation me els.It will slowly kill you.Be patient and write an email to Nokia instead of losing an argument here.They will surely help you out.Even I own a Nokia 8 and have no issues other than battery .Considering it was Nokia's first flagship in years,it is brilliant.It is also Nokia's fastest phone and won the fastest phone of 2017 award.
    You are saying battery itself having issue with your phone, then what other issues you are still expecting? Battery issues are major problems in every phone