If you still didn't receive 9.0 Pie ... be happy...

... that you still have a working phone!

If you still didn't receive 9.0 Pie ... be happy...

bernd bernd
✭✭  / 
... that you still have a working phone! The new 9.0 Pie for Nokia 5 consumes around 5-10% battery capacity per hour (except on flight mode), so the phone is more or less useless. I sent mine to the repair center today for downgrading to 8.1 Oreo. Should take 7 to 12 working days, let's see what happens ...
If you received Pie in the meanwhile, don't install it for the time being. There are plenty of other annoying bugs in this new version (see this forum). Instead, be happy to have a working Nokia 5  :)  but without January security patch   :(

Comments

• Guirri Guirri
    ✭✭  / 
    i thinking It is the way they kill the apps its way to agresif instead of saving batery it is ingreasing
    Just leaving It normal and let the user decid what is killd
  • Yea same problem with me. The battery is draining very fast. And also the equiliser for music disappeared. Meanwhile the bass on all my headsets seems poor (after the update).
  • anmolnikhil anmolnikhil
    ✭✭  / 
    bernd said:
    ... that you still have a working phone! The new 9.0 Pie for Nokia 5 consumes around 5-10% battery capacity per hour (except on flight mode), so the phone is more or less useless. I sent mine to the repair center today for downgrading to 8.1 Oreo. Should take 7 to 12 working days, let's see what happens ...
    If you received Pie in the meanwhile, don't install it for the time being. There are plenty of other annoying bugs in this new version (see this forum). Instead, be happy to have a working Nokia 5  :)  but without January security patch   :(
    You can downgrade manually, but no problem, you did a great job by choosing to downgrading to Oreo 8.1, for me,  love the ui of Oreo, but in the Pie lots of its features became useless due to hardware navigated buttons, I think Pie update is mainly for to improve the touch navigations experience in android..
  • bernd bernd
    ✭✭  / 
    Can you explain how to downgrade manually?
  • Gold2ooT Gold2ooT
    ✭✭  / 
    Disable Device Health Services. If you can't find it under Apps, you will have to select "Show system apps" under "…" in the top left corner. Battery life will then be normal, if not better!
  • user1518859966016 user1518859966016
    ✭✭  /  edited February 2
    I have TA-1024 model, and there's no bugs for me. Im using it about 5 days with no problems, everything is working good. I think this ias a best update, with every update there was some problem, but PIE is awesome.
  • July RH July RH
    ✭✭  / 
    I have a fitness band that vibrates on notifications. It keeps killing viber ( despite i keep icon in notification bar all the time)
     and my band vibrates constantly. I can disable notification for viber but itwont solve the problem wit the only messenger i use. I disabled the device health process. We will see what happens.
  • nicobrax nicobrax
    ✭✭  / 
    Moi je l'ai installer depuis hier soir je trouve aucun problème de batterie c'est égal à oreo mais je le trouve beaucoup plus fluide et j'ai gagner en mémoire interne avant il me restait que 2 giga sur le stockage la 5 
  • shaileshji shaileshji
    ✭✭  / 
    Gold2ooT said:
    Disable Device Health Services. If you can't find it under Apps, you will have to select "Show system apps" under "…" in the top left corner. Battery life will then be normal, if not better!
    After update Android 9 my Nokia 5 bottom speaker stop working. Hard reset but not solved. Pls help
  • bernd bernd
    ✭✭  /  edited February 5
    Phone came back today from the repair center, downgraded to Andriod 8.1 "Oreo". But April 2018 security level. So far, so good, no problem, I thought, just install all missing updates up to December 2018, one by one. Not possible - the only available OTA software update is January 2019 Android 9 "Pie". I don't want outdated April 2018 security level and I don't want that crapped January 2019 Pie again. Phone is now on the way back to the retailer for money refund.
    HMD/Nokia, it's time now to allow us users to manually download the firmware files and install them via Android recovery (as other vendors do) or, even better, finally unlock the bootloader!
  • anmolnikhil anmolnikhil
    ✭✭  / 
    bernd said:
    Can you explain how to downgrade manually?
    Pm me..
  • ecosimon ecosimon
     / 
    Pie has completely stopped my battery from charging to 100%. After 12 hours charge time it only gets to 35% and hangs. I've tried a hard reset and the problem seems to of got worse not better.

Worked perfectly before installing this trash. I own a Nokia 5 TA-1024 by the way.