Just noticed while starting this discussion that we need a dedicated Category for Nokia Camera app in the Community Forum!I will list the problems that need to be fixed in the Nokia Camera app here:
Some suggestions that would make Nokia Camera better:
- ZOOM doesn't work in Pro Mode
- Watermark can't be selected manually and appears only after the image is clicked
- No option to disable "Volume button captures images"
- No option to enable or disable EIS
- Many of us have noticed WHITE DOTS appear in the black part of the images. For example in the images of the night sky (those aren't stars), or a dark room with no light. Don't know what this is but if it is a software thing it needs to be fixed.
- Telephoto Lens still needs a Fix as it still doesn't work in low light.
- HDR ON/OFF toggle should be in the View Finder and not buried inside Camera Settings.
- Selecting Flash modes should be a tap away like in the old Lumia Camera app. Just tap once or twice on the Flash icon to turn it on or put it in Auto mode.
- Also, add an option to turns ON/OFF Focus Assist light.
- Shutter speed needs to get some speed. The fastest shutter speed available in the Pro Mode is just 1/500 which is not fast and even a 5 year old Nokia Camera can capture at 1/16000. The slowest shutter speed is 4 seconds which is again the same as 5 year old Nokia Camera. It isn't bad but should be better as it opens up many possibilities for creative minds and can attract many who love smartphone photography.
- Exposure Values should be upgraded to at least +3/-3 from the current +2/-2.
- Adding a short tutorial for the Pro Mode that would assist the new users.
- Merge the Pro Mode and Auto Mode. Instead of having to slide left and right users can just tap one button like on the Lumias to fire up the pro mode.
These are the problems in the Nokia Camera app and some suggestions that came to my mind while writing. If you are facing some other problems in the Nokia Camera app do post it so that HMD gets to know about the issues and they start working on fixing it. Let's hope these problems get fixed and some suggestions are implemented.