Apps not receiving notifications unless I open them after feb 2019 update - Page 2

(Quote) 
Updates are provided every month

Apps not receiving notifications unless I open them after feb 2019 update

Comments

• Shailesh Bahuguna Shailesh Bahuguna
    ✭✭  / 
    When will  be the next update coming ? 
    I think in April, as Nokia gives security update every 2 months. Hope it solves this Android pie update issue soon rather than  later
    Updates are provided every month
  • user1537860480422 user1537860480422
    ✭✭✭  / 
    has anyone found a solution for this issue???...all apps are closing in background fed-up of this.
    Nope, no one :neutral:
  • sravan5227 sravan5227
    ✭✭  / 
    Please sign the petition and share as much as possible

http://chng.it/6KV6S5gQr4
  • sravan5227 sravan5227
    ✭✭  / 
    After update1.sound menu in setting gets crashed,it sets default settings2.app not work in background.3. Truecaller, AppLock app stop working after some time, Truecaller display when unknown number call us but that doesn't work until I not open.4. When we 2-3 app parallel that time it crash app data and start app from stating.5. Some app not receiving notifications unless I open them.6. Some time system automatically change accessibility of app
    Please sign this petition and share as much as possible

http://chng.it/6KV6S5gQr4
  • Same issue with my Nokia 8 Sirocco since Pie update. Tried a lot of things but best case it is fixed for a couple of days and than issue is back again. Contacted Nokia support but they keep telling me to clear cache, factory reset, even to uninstall all apps that could cause the issue....  I'm now close to throw that phone out of the window.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Same issue with my Nokia 8 Sirocco since Pie update. Tried a lot of things but best case it is fixed for a couple of days and than issue is back again. Contacted Nokia support but they keep telling me to clear cache, factory reset, even to uninstall all apps that could cause the issue....  I'm now close to throw that phone out of the window.
    When did you receive the update
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Ok I  went to Nokia service centre and told them the problem. They have reinstalled my OS. I hope this will work 
  • Same issue with my Nokia 8 Sirocco since Pie update. Tried a lot of things but best case it is fixed for a couple of days and than issue is back again. Contacted Nokia support but they keep telling me to clear cache, factory reset, even to uninstall all apps that could cause the issue....  I'm now close to throw that phone out of the window.
    When did you receive the update
    Around February
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hey guys going to Nokia care service centre resolved my issue  u guys should also go and do that  make sure you take back up of your phone as they will wipe out the software  also make sure you demand for 'job sheet'  as after the software is wiped out if the issue is not solved you can complain to Nokia support  they ask for job sheet my number 
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hey guys going to Nokia care service centre resolved my issue  u guys should also go and do that  make sure you take back up of your phone as they will wipe out the software  also make sure you demand for 'job sheet'  as after the software is wiped out if the issue is not solved you can complain to Nokia support  they ask for job sheet my number 
    Also pls take receipt of the phone with u service centre requires that
  • akkoo.sk akkoo.sk
    ✭✭  / 
    yes I am also facing this problem
  • akkoo.sk akkoo.sk
    ✭✭  / 
    please nokia solve this problem
  • <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/user1537860480422">user1537860480422</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">how many users are facing this problem does any one know?</div>
    </blockquote>
    Honestly I'm loosing faith it my Nokia 5. 1 plus like the notifications were coming just fine but suddenly they stopped and what's funny is they stopped even before I made the update
  • himanshus211 himanshus211
    ✭✭  / 
    Same here... visited service centre still t didn't worked for me
  • Duc Beo Duc Beo
     / 
    does anyone get this problem solved?
  • Antherion Antherion
    ✭✭  /  edited May 9
    Duc Beo said:
    The solution is to use ADB to turn off Mediatek DuraSpeed, which kills apps in background and won't let them restart.

adb start-server
    adb shell settings put global setting.duraspeed.enabled 2
    adb shell settings put global setting.duraspeed.enabled 0
    adb shell settings get global setting.duraspeed.enabled
    adb kill-server

• himanshus211 himanshus211
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia team is useless...they are not giving any updates for Nokia 5.1 plus nor the bugs are fixed.
    First and last Nokia phone !
  • Radia Latief Radia Latief
     /  edited May 10

Google should never allowed them to wield the “Android One” name. I almost always buy either a Nexus or an Android One to avoid these kind of issues.

When “Nokia” released an Android One, I bought it, thinking that the (previously) great name of Nokia and “Android One” are going to be a killer combination… NOT!

I should’ve keep my previous mindset of “they’ve turned into a CRAP”.

No more Nokia for the REST of my life..

 — 

ps: I’ve meddled with this in the past few months, hoping a really working solution will come up, but no.

ps2: This is not the only problem, there’re also things like “no led indicator so let’s bring the screen on with some sound all the time”, uncertainty of the personal hotspot, screen can’t sleep automatically on some app after “adaptive battery” turned off, unstable camera app, and the list goes on, list of things BEFORE NOKIA I thought will never happen on an Android One.

ps3: A Xiaomi A1 I bought a few months before the mistake, updated OTA to the same version, never has problem. Always working perfectly as an Android One should.

• Antherion said:
    Duc Beo said:
    The solution is to use ADB to turn off Mediatek DuraSpeed, which kills apps in background and won't let them restart.

adb start-server
    adb kill-server

Do I need do step 2? In some random post here I saw similar commands. It suggested just step 3.
    Anyways it doesn't work. Did it work for you?
  • shirushi shirushi
    ✭✭  / 
    Antherion said:
    Duc Beo said:

adb start-server
    adb kill-server

Do I need do step 2? In some random post here I saw similar commands. It suggested just step 3.
    Anyways it doesn't work. Did it work for you?
    It doesn't work for me too.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Does April 2019 update solve the issue, can someone let us know 
  • Gardium Gardium
     /  edited May 27
    > @sobinone said:
    > hi every one .. new battery optimisation   will force close all back ground apps  after feb update...
    >  i hav a solution for that
    > goto - setting- apps and notification--see all apps.. click on 3 dots on top rit corner click -show system- then scrol down and find power saver.. and force to stop it..then ur prblm wil solve. it wil work until ur next reboot

Hi guys,

So my GF has been having this problem for a few days now, sparking issues with friends and family questioning why she didn't respond... F**K Nokia, seriously.

Anyways, thanks to your guys tips and tricks, there seems to have been a slight improvement for now. I followed the "guide" by sobinone, and I also disabled Adaptive battery saver under Battery settings.

I just added one little detail of my own.
    After killing the app, I also went into the advanced section of the Power Saver app, and I found a permission toggle for "Modify system settings". I also toggled this off.

I just did this change only some minutes ago, but after a reboot now, and still nothing has changed back to the previous issue (which it did before I changed this setting, a reboot would give issues after just a few minutes). I'll keep an update here later.
  • I got Nokia 5.1 Plus a week ago, im experiencing the same problem. this is really annoying and must fix from Nokia. I rely on many apps (MyGate, UPI) for approvals where i must respond immediately. if Nokia keeps on killing such apps, how can use these apps?
  • Karidis Karidis
     / 
    Solution :
    Go to : app and notifications --- show all apps --- (tree points on top) --- show all process --- energy saver --- advanced option --- edit system parrametrs --- NOT ALLOWED
  • sammy sammy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I too observed this for yahoo mail and gmail app.
  • jadeseal16 jadeseal16
     / 
    I had so many issues after the Android Pie update, both my Office 365 accounts completely stopped syncing a few hours after rebooting, which rendered a lot of my apps (OneNote, OneDrive, Outlook etc) useless. WhatsApp also did not receive background notifications sometimes. However, running the following steps to disable the battery saving feature via ADB fixed these issues instantly: https://dontkillmyapp.com/nokia

How to connect to ADB (for the less tech-savy):
    Perform the following steps on the phone:
    1. Enable developer mode by tapping the build number 5 times
    2. With developer mode enabled, open the developer settings
    3. Enable USB debugging
    4. Connect the phone to the computer
    5. Trust the computer

Perform the following steps on the computer
    1. Download Android SDK (https://developer.android.com/studio#downloads)
    2. Extract
    3. Open cmd, change directory to <extracted sdk>\tools\bin
    4. Run “sdkmanager.bat platform-tools" to install ADB
    5. Change directory to the platform-tools folder
    6. Run “adb.exe devices” to check for any connected devices
    7. Device should show, you can now start running ADB commands
  • Guthix Guthix
     / 
    So I think I found a solution. I went to apps and notifications in settings, then I searched for 'battery.' Then at the very bottom I clicked battery protection(sometimes it doesn't show up so click anything, and then go back, it should be at the bottom) then I clicked advanced, then I clicked modify system settings and switched it off. So far I have finally been recieving notifications even when I haven't used my phone for hours