Pie issues so far..

1. You have to manually open the whatsapp to get notifications. 2. When brightness is lowest, screen keeps going off 3. Navigation bar is too big

Pie issues so far..

Gachanja Joel Gachanja Joel ✭✭
✭✭  /  edited March 17
1. You have to manually open the whatsapp to get notifications.
2. When brightness is lowest, screen keeps going off
3. Navigation bar is too big
Tagged:

Comments

• Jarkko Etolin Jarkko Etolin ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 

I use Apex classic launcher. Works fine.
  • Stili Stili
     /  edited March 19
    "google search" stationary on the home screen and does not work on the initial navigation buttons do not hide sorry did not need to update it.If some know solution please to help.Bulgaria
  • Stili Stili
     /  edited March 19
    <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/TomPL">TomPL</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText"> Unremovable "Google Search Bar" - I'm very, very disappointed and angry with this... :s
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    My too
  • Hiker Hiker
     / 
     Same Unremovable "Google Search Bar" , it could be just find a way to move around the screen, for me, the search bar is ideal when it is in the top... 

another thing, in 8.1 you only need to drag down the menu once to hit the setting icon, now you have to take an extra step by pulling down the full menu to access the setting icon

anyhow, I am reporting another issue:
    after pie update, my Screen Lock constantly failing to recognize my correct pattern, it says "wrong pattern" even though I did input the correct pattern, it can be solved by restarting temporarily, but this issue will come back soon after restarting. it is so so disappointed when you try to unlock your phone with correct pattern but it tells you "wrong pattern"

it that just me or is happening somewhere else as well?
  • About the whatsapp issues: it also affects signal, and I remember similar issues from release on 8.0, so I HAD to go into applications (see all apps->...->show system) and disable the com.everwell.powersaving apps for it to work properly.

If someone has an un-updated 3.1, let us know what app versions are on your device.
    Pie versions:
    com.evenwell.powermonitor.overlay.base 8888
    com.evenwell.powersaving.g3.overlay.d.base.s600ww 8888
    com.evenwell.powersaving.g3.overlay.base 8888
  • Dave B Dave B
     /  edited March 20
    Mine isn't updated yet, my versions of the apps you mention above are identical, all I've done to make WhatsApp work flawlessly is to deny its power saving mode in battery settings.

My handset is a generic TA-1057.
  • Also  WIFI hotspot
     isn´t working . Clients can connect but no internet.
  • > @Dave B said:
    > Mine isn't updated yet, my versions of the apps you mention above are identical, all I've done to make WhatsApp work flawlessly is to deny its power saving mode in battery settings.
    >
    > My handset is a generic TA-1057.

Yeah, don't know, for me it was fixed in 8.1, this is a regression.
    I'm on a TA-1063
  • Stili Stili
     / 
    here we are only writing but no one can read that we have broken the phones with this update he is interested in.
  • cannot unlock phone says wrong pin
    and random crashes
  • TomPL TomPL ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 

They know about it and that we hate it but nothing happened for months:

https://support.google.com/assistant/thread/317830?hl=en

• Baterry show´s 7% ...plug the charger ....it shows 3% charging...unplug ...show´s 7% ..plug it back ...show´s 3%
  • This one bug is completely insane :D this is so big that if it was a joke, it would be good

After a factory reset, setting the ringtone is completely broken
    I guess this is broken even without factory reset
    • Files being into "Ringtones" directory can only be set as call ringtones but not as wake up tune
    • Files being into "Music" aren't visible at all, into the list or by the "+" button into the 4 tabs (including folder : nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing.)
    • You have to manually create an "Audio" folder into the storage and make a copy of your audio files in it ! But there comes next problems...
    • Now you can try to see them behind the "+" button, but setting them will crash the settings apps.
    • Then, you won't be able to access the list anymore (instant crash when you click on the type of ringtone you want to choose), even after a phone reboot
    Reseting the application data of "setting" didn't unblock the situation. I had to reset my phone again
  • I had a trouble with speaker:
    when volume set to 0% and I'm trying to play some media on phone the speaker starts "shhshhshh".
    Got it after updating to Pie.
  • Anoma Samarasinghe Anoma Samarasinghe ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    Can't turn on the screen in dark. (weird) :/
  • masanza masanza ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    Restart your phone then when the phone has restarted turn on your brightness
  • Sim card preferences for mobile data calls and sms are reset quite often.
  • @Quentin Bertram just go into developer options and turn on "Disable absolutely volume" 
  • The copy paste feature on multitasking doesn't work. The action sevices app is always crashing. 
  • Borse Borse
     /  edited March 27
    I cannot set screen lock or become developer. Phone asks for device pin code but does not accept correct one.
  • Borse Borse
     / 
    When hotspot is on, two icons appear on status bar. There should be only one.
  • I get no push notifications on any app is there any workaround?
  • Obazda Obazda
     / 
    caller app hangs often until reboot
  • try CPL launcher solves almost all problems except the abnormally large navigation bar
  • StephanP StephanP ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    I've been a long time Windows Phone user only to move to Android last september.
    After an initial period of getting used to the system, my N3.1 was running just fine until the Android 9 upgrade came along.

Problems that have come up since my N3.1 got upgraded tot Android 9 in March:
    - MS Outlook app repeatedly looses sync for my Office 365-Educational account
    - MS Authenticator app is automagically closed (I specifically disabled Battery Optimization for this app)
    - MS OneDrive app looses its setting to backup my photos
    - BitWarden Accessibility Service is automatically disabled (I specifically disabled Battery Optimization for this app)
    - No WhatsApp notifications. Messages are only received upon opening the app

I have had many long and frustrating chat sessions with Outlook support as well as Nokia support. Both had me do all sorts of Cache wiping and App pref. resetting. Nothing helped.
    I had no ambitions, but I'm slowly becoming an Android expert ;-)

At one point I decided to give my phone a factory reset and set it up all over again.
    This did not help either.

I have a strong feeling that something is fishy with this Android 9 upgrade and I am desperately looking forward to fixes coming sooner rather than later.