Lock Screen wake up automatically

The phone's lock screen is getting wake automatically. This is happening randomly . My ambient display is off. Please help me to solve this issue.

Lock Screen wake up automatically

Vishnupkb Vishnupkb
✭✭  / 
The phone's lock screen is getting wake automatically. This is happening randomly . My ambient display is off. Please help me to solve this issue. Its draining a lot of battery.

Comments

• Vishnupkb Vishnupkb
    ✭✭  / 
    It's not the problem with notification. I went to Nokia service centre , they checked everything and told me that this is problem with display and I have to change the display now. When I went there one more person was there with the same issue . It was not expexted from Nokia 😣
  • Argho Sarkar Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Vishnupkb said:
    It's not the problem with notification. I went to Nokia service centre , they checked everything and told me that this is problem with display and I have to change the display now. When I went there one more person was there with the same issue . It was not expexted from Nokia 😣
    Don't do it brother.. Your screen is fine. It happens sometimes with me too.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    You can try the following way shown in pic to stop the lock screen wake up issue. This may work. 

remove the check mark from " Dont pop notifications on screen "

• Vishnupkb Vishnupkb
    ✭✭  / 
    Everything I tried bro. Still getting the issue, they did hard reset also they degraded to Oreo also still issue exist. So software is fine I think they are right , and my phone is  in warranty period , so it will cover in the warranty they told. So am changing , it is draining the battery very fast am not able to use properly 
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited April 2019
    Vishnupkb said:
    Everything I tried bro. Still getting the issue, they did hard reset also they degraded to Oreo also still issue exist. So software is fine I think they are right , and my phone is  in warranty period , so it will cover in the warranty they told. So am changing , it is draining the battery very fast am not able to use properly 
    May be.. Okay then there is nothing else. Hope your problem gets resolved but I still feel it's software issue than a hardware issue. 

@madbilly
    @nitin kachare
    @nokianchetan
    @Appu Mali
    @Narayanan.R  
    @singhnsk
    @sayyed vihan

Please share your views in this issue. Is it really hardware issue which needs SCREEN REPLACEMENT ??
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

• nitinkachare nitinkachare
    Vishnupkb said:
    The phone's lock screen is getting wake automatically. This is happening randomly . My ambient display is off. Please help me to solve this issue. Its draining a lot of battery.
    Did you set off tap to wake? If Yes then what kinds of notifications you get send some screenshots please.
  • Vishnupkb Vishnupkb
    ✭✭  /  edited April 2019
    Oh my god it's worked 😍😍😍
    How you do that bro.
    It's a software issues or a hardware ? 
    I should replace my display?
    Please help me answer this questions
    Vishnupkb said:
    Oh my god it's worked 😍😍😍
    How you do that bro.
    It's a software issues or a hardware ? 
    I should replace my display?
    Please help me answer this questions
    It's software issue bro cuz notification popping is software magic only 😎😎😎

Don't replace your phone's display @Vishnupkb .. It's wastage of resources
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  /  edited April 2019
    @Argho Sarkar I do not think a hardware issue can cause this. This must be software, but as he says it happened in Oreo too, so the issue is definitely something.

@Vishnupkb does it happen even when you have no notifications? Or just keeps on waking up still? And is the setting "Lift to check phone" in Settings > Gestures enabled?

• Vishnupkb Vishnupkb
    ✭✭  / 
    I will explain properly , I switched off every notification and every gesture. The tap to wake was on . That time the screen was getting on without any notification , just comes up go off again comes up go back and continue . Within some time my battery dried and phone getting off. I tried this in safe mode . I tried factory reset . Service centre people tried degraded version . But now after Nitin told to off tap to wake it's stopped wake up automatically
  • Vishnupkb Vishnupkb
    ✭✭  / 
    @nitin kachare There is no notification comes up just normal lock screen comes up. So screen shot won't help
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 
    Vishnupkb said:
    I will explain properly , I switched off every notification and every gesture. The tap to wake was on . That time the screen was getting on without any notification , just comes up go off again comes up go back and continue . Within some time my battery dried and phone getting off. I tried this in safe mode . I tried factory reset . Service centre people tried degraded version . But now after Nitin told to off tap to wake it's stopped wake up automatically
    Interesting. On this seems like the screen is facing ghost touches which is waking it up randomly. My next question would be regarding the screen protector. Wipe the screen clean and do you have a screen protector installed? Have you tried the result after removing it? :hushed:
  • Vishnupkb Vishnupkb
    ✭✭  / 
    @singhnsk I was having the same question , so I removed the screen protector myself . Still the issue is exist😑
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 
    Vishnupkb said:
    @singhnsk I was having the same question , so I removed the screen protector myself . Still the issue is exist😑
    Then it could be some fault with the display controller. Do you ever face ghost touches during your normal use of the device?
  • Vishnupkb Vishnupkb
    ✭✭  / 
    @singhnsk No in normal use everything is fine touching also fine no issues. Only while the phone is locked
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Vishnupkb said:
    Issue is solved or not by turning off " tap to wake " ??
  • Vishnupkb Vishnupkb
    ✭✭  /  edited April 2019
    @Argho Sarkar for now it's ok. But if I will on tap to wake it is come back. I want a permanent solution 😐 . I mean like I should be able to get my phone normal when tap to wake is also on.

✭✭✭✭  / 
    Vishnupkb said:
    @Argho Sarkar for now it's ok. But if I will on tap to wake it is come back. I want a permanent solution 😐 . I mean like I should be able to get my phone normal when tap to wake is also on.

Right now it's the only solution to disable " tap to wake ". Hope we will get solutions to all such issues in the next updates .
  • Vishnupkb Vishnupkb
    ✭✭  / 
    My question is like it's a hardware issue or a software issues, should I change my display?
    Vishnupkb said:
    My question is like it's a hardware issue or a software issues, should I change my display?
    It's not display issue.Its feature i.e.tap to wake up that's why your device is wake up easily but it didn't mean that your device get wake up unless and untill someone touch the device.I have set off tap to wake up and ambient display and I didn't get single notification on screen.If you see only clock in locked screen automatically after tap to wake up on then set turn off Screen saver if you don't want to see.If you get notifications i.e.Any Application then capture image by another device and post here so i can understand what kind of issue you are facing and i will check on my device as well.Battery drainage isn't happen with me due to ambient screen and tap to wake up but if you have set on Bluetooth,GPS,Wifi/Data,NFC and Full Brightness then it drain quickly than normal. i.e.Normal Screen On Time is 8-9 hours with Dual SIM with Wifi and Data .If you have battery drain issues then post some screenshots.
  • Vishnupkb Vishnupkb
    ✭✭  / 
    @nitin kachare my problem is like the screen is getting on without any notification without any reason, I tried without any application installed and without screen saver and switched off notification still I am getting.
    But once the tap to wake is off this problem is not there.
    And it's like screen will on again go off then again on again off , like this continuously happening until the phone's battery become zero . That's why I told what screen shot I will send ? It's normal lock screen comes up
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 
    Vishnupkb said:
    Since all kinds of software changes have already been tried, I do suspect it to be a hardware issue with the touch sensor. However since it is not affecting your normal usage of the phone, maybe you can keep the tap to wake as turned off and keep on using the phone. If that doesn't keep you satisfied, then you should consider asking the service to replace your display.. That said, I do not like my phones being opened up, because it's never the same anymore once it has been opened up. So, I personally wouldn't have it changed just yet.
  • Vishnupkb Vishnupkb
    ✭✭  / 
    @singhnsk you are right . But in future after my warranty period , if my phone phone suffers some issues while normal use because of this that time it will be difficult for me to change the display right? That's why I am confused what to do 😥😥
    Vishnupkb said:
    @nitin kachare my problem is like the screen is getting on without any notification without any reason, I tried without any application installed and without screen saver and switched off notification still I am getting.
    And it's like screen will on again go off then again on again off , like this continuously happening until the phone's battery become zero . That's why I told what screen shot I will send ? It's normal lock screen comes up
    As per your problem i have just set off ambient display new notifications and i get notifications i.e.On Glance Screen but my display isn't on unless i touch or tap on screen but interesting thing is i get sounds of that notifications and when i turn on screen then i can see those notifications i.e.minimized.
    @Argho Sarkar can you say something here? I mean do same as i explained and reply here if your display gets on or not automatically when you set off ambient new notifications.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Vishnupkb said:
    As per your problem i have just set off ambient display new notifications and i get notifications i.e.On Glance Screen but my display isn't on unless i touch or tap on screen but interesting thing is i get sounds of that notifications and when i turn on screen then i can see those notifications i.e.minimized.
    @Argho Sarkar can you say something here? I mean do same as i explained and reply here if your display gets on or not automatically when you set off ambient new notifications.
    @nitin kachare Actually I have liked that ambient new notification feature and till now I have never turned it off becuz the battery was working fine upto my expectations.

I have turned off ambient new notifications feature right now and I will see if the notifications still turns on the screen or not. 
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Vishnupkb said:
    @singhnsk you are right . But in future after my warranty period , if my phone phone suffers some issues while normal use because of this that time it will be difficult for me to change the display right? That's why I am confused what to do 😥😥
    Bro @Vishnupkb  do whatever your Heart tells you atleast you won't have the regret feeling later that you should have replaced your display during warranty period.

We are saying not to change display because we haven't really have such an issue with our device and we don't actually know if your device's display is really faulty or not. We are just guessing what might have happened. 
  • Vishnupkb Vishnupkb
    ✭✭  / 
    @Argho Sarkar Thanks a lot for helping me . Thanks everyone
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Vishnupkb said:
    @Argho Sarkar Thanks a lot for helping me . Thanks everyone
    Welcome bro .. 😊