The community forum

Join the conversation

charging stops to ~80%

Hello, anyone else having problem with charging?

My Nokia 3 stops charging when it reach about 80%. Been charging over night and in the morning i have 79-81%... I have tried different charger but it's not the issue.

41 people have this question

I haven't experienced this with my 3 and this might work: let it die completely and then charge it while it is off until it reaches 100%. Then turn it on and charge it again until 100%.

7 people like this
Most problem bettery 80% last charging point. please help me sir.

10 people like this

1 person likes this
Dear User 468,Nokia 3 have a totally NEW protection of the battery.How it works: IF you connect he phone to the charger and In the same time You Use the internet,the temperature of the battery is increasing,So It Is Trigged the Protection of the battery and the Charging Process Will Be Suspended Untill the TEMPERATURE of the Battery Come to NORMAL.When you connect the phone to charger,DO NOT USE high power consume apps(internet,gps,etc) Do not forget :NOKIA 3 is a SMART one .:-)

5 people like this
Same answer for User 401.Cheers!

1 person likes this

So if i want charge to 100% i need to put my phone to freezer over night. Yes, sounds SMART to me.

5 people like this
:-)) Please, cool down!

2 people like this
My handset won't charge above 80% even with handset turned off. ....

3 people like this
Charging stops at 57% ,why its like this.. Its going on from two days.. Showing after pluged in the charging port 6 hour 48 mnt to full charge. Purchased nokia3 ,1 month ago only..

5 people like this
Same problem with mine. Just ant to ask ppl that r u guys running ur phones on android 7.1.1 and security patch 6th November 2017?

4 people like this
My phone is not charging after it reaches 84% and I had this issue earlier and I got serviced my mobile from Nokia care before 20 days now again the same problem arises what shall I do

5 people like this
The same issue is happening with my new Nokia 8 will stop charging at 50% and will not charge when phone is off. Has anyone got the ideas, I'm not using the phone as I'm charging so heat should not be the problem

1 person likes this

My Nokia 3 stops charging at this monent at 68%. The device is not overheated at all. I turn it off overnight but the charging stops agains.... If there any case of battery explosion...? Same issue with Samsung Galaxy? Can we take an official response from NOKIA FINLAND???

2 people like this

I found out that it just shows the wrong battery percentage - my was acutally 100% charged, despite showing stuck at 68%:

Try this:

1. enter recovery mode

2. Use "wipe user cache"

3. restart

6 people like this
Login to post a comment