We're upgrading

Be a part of the all-new
Nokia phones community,
coming soon.

Looking for the forum?

While we add the finishing touches to the new community, you can still browse the forum, but not create or edit posts.

Answered

Touchscreen responsiveness issue

I've noticed a number of daily hiccups while using my phone in normal everyday conditions.

The screen stops registering my taps/slides until I turn the screen off and on again.

There are no smudges or water droplets on the glass when this happens.

No protective screen cover in use.

Should I be worried that this is a hardware issue and ask for a replacement?
I've only owned my new favorite phone for a few weeks.

Android 7.1.1

Touch panel firmware version:

NovaTek-V10_0

Goodix-v1.05.17-LV

Best Answer

Hi Ken! 

Welcome to the community and thanks for your contribution so far. :) 

I'm sorry to hear about your potential touchscreen issue - without knowing for sure, I'd say it might be worth it to contact customer support (24/7 chat support is available in English). They should be able to help you determine what is going on quickly.

I hope you get to enjoy your new favourite phone without any hiccups soon!

- Anna (moderator) 

Answer

Hi Ken! 

Welcome to the community and thanks for your contribution so far. :) 

I'm sorry to hear about your potential touchscreen issue - without knowing for sure, I'd say it might be worth it to contact customer support (24/7 chat support is available in English). They should be able to help you determine what is going on quickly.

I hope you get to enjoy your new favourite phone without any hiccups soon!

- Anna (moderator) 

I am also having same problem from 2 days onwards.Automatically the screen locking,hanging and mis behaving.. I can't understand what's the problem. Can any body give me solution!!!
I faced this problem after 1 week of purchasing my Nokia 5 then I went to service centre, they asked me to leave my phone for 1 day for testing and repairing purpose. Next day I got my phone in very good and working condition. They told me that it was a software problem and they didn't disassemble my phone. I was very happy but after 1 month of smooth performance all of sudden I again faced this problem, this time I restored my phone 4-5 times and then restored 4-5 times through recovery mode. My problem was get solved but sometimes I still face touch unresponsiveness and have to lock/unlock again. Device-Nokia 5 (TA-1053) Touch panel firmware version- NovaTek-V10_0 Goodix-v1.05.17-LV Please fix this problem. We also need a software recovery tool like 'Nokia software recovery tool'. Thanks.

Hi, I also have the same problem.Please correct it   

I'll comment and update here if touch responsiveness won't work again with me. Yes from 7.1.1 version. Sometimes, then I try to screen lock my phone and open again, then goes back to normal. My point here is, we shouldn't do this thing to be done. This is the responsible thing to be done with the nokia team. They have to look forward to fix this. Or else they'll go back to zero again, just sayin'. :warning:MISSING ALARM:warning:CAST/SCREEN MIRRORING:warning:BATTERY DRAINS FAST EVEN W/O USING:warning:NOKIA3(GF's phone) BLACKSCREEN:warning:MALFUNCTIONS My friends be like when I'm using my N5 phone: "Oh? Wow. There's a nokia now again and Its android version." And I was like now: "Oh. Don't buy this brand, there's so many issues with the product." 
I have similar touch screen which is very unsensivity in the middle.position. I need to touch or slide the screen several times to get response. The problem can be solved after switching the phone off and on but then went to the same problem after several minutes. my phone is nokia 8. Please fix the sw problem asap, thx

Yes, I have the same problem. It's getting so annoying that I started re-using my Microsoft Lumia 550 budget phone again. This is a good looking but overall very badly useable phone at the moment. These hampering hiccups feel very budget compared to the real budget 550 (€99 one year ago). I even feel quite ripped off for 199€. Good looks & Chinese quality?

I agree with the others, I still hope to fix this problem in Oreo, while writing this text - blocked the phone two times.
I have same issue with my Nokia 5, out of the box. Lock screen then unlock fixes the issue. But during intense gaming it comes back for few seconds and I lose my game. All edges of screen especially the top left portion becomes unresponsive. I have also noticed while pressing send button in messaging apps it also activates my Back button of touch sometimes, closing app or sending me to one action back. I am on Oreo beta now, it seems hardware issue not software. I blame the lcd/touch panels manufacturer of Nokia 5 devices.
After upgrading to oreo, I still experience the problems described in this thread, it's very bad that you can not recognize and fix this problem, I can not use my phone
When this happened to me first time, I was so worried that my phone has a issue. Now I see many people has the same issue & this seems like a common problem. I hope Nokia will pay attention to this & solve this :)  
Same problem here on nokia 5
Spread the words, people - dont buy nokia phones, they are unusable.
Nokia 5 user here and although I am only on day three of owning my Nokia 5, so far I haven't experienced any issues with the touch screen. Android 7.1.2 NovaTek-V13_0 Goodix-v1.05.21-LV
Login to post a comment