The community forum

Join the conversation

No led notifications , why?

Please enable glance screen on Nokia 3, 5 and 6.

11 people like this idea

Glance screen notifications are not energy efficient on phones with LCD screens. The glance option was/is best suited for AMOLED and SAMOLED displays which are capable of displaying individual pixels instead of powering the entire screen, draining the battery unnecessarily fast.

Nokia 3, 5, 6 and 8 all have an LCD display.

2 people like this

Nokia 8 have glance screen ... why not for 3, 5 and 6 ?

2 people like this

Does  Nokia 8 have glance screen? Anyway, Lumia 640 has LCD and glance screen!

1 person likes this

Personal opinions aside, having a glance screen option would be something I'm going to remain impartial to.

So I'll make it a bit more simple and state some facts:

1. LCD displays burn battery when they're on. Burning up your battery is bad, because it makes the battery deplete faster than phones that don't have their display switched on 24/7, or even at preset intervals.
2. Turning an LCD display on for 1-2 seconds every now and then using a power button will greatly improve battery usage.

1 person likes this

Ok, notification led diode drain battery too ? 

Nokia 8 have glance screen , where is glance for nokia 3, 5 and 6 , battery life is not problem :) We know how glance and peek work with proximity sensor, not always on.

2 people like this

I agree on Glance Screen here, especially when a lot of competitors are doing the same thing now with their phones. That being said, the notification LED is the most important I feel out of anything out there.

2 people like this
At first I also was bummed out the global version of my Nokia 6 ditched the notification light. Every Android device I've had included one, but then I realized that I was so habitual I'd check my phone whether or not the LED was on or not so I got over not having the light.

Making a control button's lights in return of deleted led woild be good for register a missed calls.

3 people like this

Using the navigation keys lights as the replacement of the notification LED is the simplest and cheapest way

3 people like this

mb7 

Using the navigation keys lights as the replacement of the notification LED is the simplest and cheapest way

You need to have access to Root.

2 people like this

Bozon

You need to have access to Root.

Yes but maybe HMD can make an app or add this option in settings ??

4 people like this
To use illuminated keys you need to change the phone's firmware. In Android 8 setting up notifications display.

If anyone want to try to push them (Nokia) to consider a capacitive button notification, please RT or just tweet to them!

https://twitter.com/bumTUNA/status/910035640506617856

It's the one reason that makes me worry I won't enjoy the 8 :/

3 people like this

Implementing the option to configure a button backlight as a notification LED on the Nokia 8 should be seriously considered by HMD/Nokia.

4 people like this
Login to post a comment