The community forum

Join the conversation

No led notifications , why?

Please enable glance screen on Nokia 3, 5 and 6.

14 people like this idea

Making a control button's lights in return of deleted led woild be good for register a missed calls.

6 people like this

Implementing the option to configure a button backlight as a notification LED on the Nokia 8 should be seriously considered by HMD/Nokia.

6 people like this

Bozon

You need to have access to Root.

Yes but maybe HMD can make an app or add this option in settings ??

6 people like this

Using the navigation keys lights as the replacement of the notification LED is the simplest and cheapest way

4 people like this

If anyone want to try to push them (Nokia) to consider a capacitive button notification, please RT or just tweet to them!

https://twitter.com/bumTUNA/status/910035640506617856

It's the one reason that makes me worry I won't enjoy the 8 :/

3 people like this

mb7 

Using the navigation keys lights as the replacement of the notification LED is the simplest and cheapest way

You need to have access to Root.

2 people like this

Glance screen notifications are not energy efficient on phones with LCD screens. The glance option was/is best suited for AMOLED and SAMOLED displays which are capable of displaying individual pixels instead of powering the entire screen, draining the battery unnecessarily fast.

Nokia 3, 5, 6 and 8 all have an LCD display.

2 people like this

Nokia 8 have glance screen ... why not for 3, 5 and 6 ?

2 people like this

Ok, notification led diode drain battery too ? 

Nokia 8 have glance screen , where is glance for nokia 3, 5 and 6 , battery life is not problem :) We know how glance and peek work with proximity sensor, not always on.

2 people like this

I agree on Glance Screen here, especially when a lot of competitors are doing the same thing now with their phones. That being said, the notification LED is the most important I feel out of anything out there.

2 people like this

Does  Nokia 8 have glance screen? Anyway, Lumia 640 has LCD and glance screen!

1 person likes this

Personal opinions aside, having a glance screen option would be something I'm going to remain impartial to.

So I'll make it a bit more simple and state some facts:

1. LCD displays burn battery when they're on. Burning up your battery is bad, because it makes the battery deplete faster than phones that don't have their display switched on 24/7, or even at preset intervals.
2. Turning an LCD display on for 1-2 seconds every now and then using a power button will greatly improve battery usage.

1 person likes this
I think that hmd does not give a f about their customers. It is ridiculous not to come to a fix for this huge mistake. The only tip from support is to use 3th party shitty programs for getting notifications. I think,if they do not start caring, this will be the last year for nokia. I will not buy again definetly

1 person likes this
At first I also was bummed out the global version of my Nokia 6 ditched the notification light. Every Android device I've had included one, but then I realized that I was so habitual I'd check my phone whether or not the LED was on or not so I got over not having the light.
They should use back soft button for this, with color changing diode. Like this triangle lighting blue for FB notifications, green for whatsapp and so on..
Login to post a comment