The community forum

Join the conversation

Android O new Update for Nokia 6

When we get the new Android 0 update for the Nokia 6?

163 people have this question

Updated

Whose Handset Laounched Recently With Oreo In Nokia Searies...

Nitin.

UAN Registration Online Expert.

BIRDMAN... I purchased my mobile in November and it did all the updates up to and including the January security update then there was nothing until last week. I'm with aldi mobile which runs off the telstra network. I have an unlocked non telco branded ta-1033. I was doing a manual update check each day. I have a feeling that Australia is a small market and we are one of the last countries to receive the roll out of updates. Saying that I've had other brand mobiles before on Android and you get no updates on the life of the mobile, also with that you get all there bloatware, which we don't have with Nokia. So far this mobiles been damn good.

So I still had not received any updates on my TA-1033 in Melbourne Australia with Telstra as my carrier since November last year. Last month, I followed some advice on an Android website, installed an update and once the phone rebooted, it started downloading the security updates and then as I got to the months that the OS updates were released, these were downloaded and updates occurred as one would expect they should be happening.  I continue to receive standard updates now. I'm currently on Android 8.1.0 Build number 00WW_5_580_SP02. The biggest concern I had was not so much updates to Oreo, (although that is nice to have) but more about not getting security updates making the phone vulnerable to attacks. Absolutely no thanks to Nokia for fixing my update issues!

Yeah it's really strange, it's not affected mine, didn't have the other problems of not connecting to mobile after it, it all went like a breeze, I downloaded it over my home WiFi. What size was your Oreo update? But then you have the same build number... My TA-1033 is the single sim model. I'm running apex launcher instead of the Android issued one and SwiftKey keyboard.Is there any difference between ta-1033 models?

"I've always had my ring set to full and I haven't noticed any difference, everything seems to be normal since my update. "

wow. lowest setting (1 up from mute) is way too loud on mine. in open plan office I have to use Do Not Disturb.

actually past tense all that as I have just installed a 3rd party app which gives 100 steps on Vol, as opposed to 7/8 on native, so now I can control lower volume settings.

odd the difference tho given same device and build.

I've always had my ring set to full and I haven't noticed any difference, everything seems to be normal since my update.

"00WW_5_580_SP02 is the build number I have listed on my mobile. On a Australian purchased TA-1033. "

I have the same but have had to install a 3rd party app to control ringer/notification volume as it was too loud.

also, are you getting notification count/dots on yr app icons cause I am not.

Using an unlocked TA1033 in UK bought in December from Carphone Warehouse and using a Virgin sim. Have been stuck on Android 7.1.2 and 1 January 2018 security patch. Ordered a free Giff Gaff sim, swapped it for the Virgin sim (without activating it) and Bob's your uncle, am now on Android 8.1 and 1 May 2018 patch! Now to see if Oreo is behaving itself.....

1 person likes this
Just had the may security update now and everything seems to be running fine, after not getting anything coming through since January, not getting any of the problems that are being posted. The Oreo update was 1848mb which seems larger than the earlier oreo updates I saw posted, maybe it has all the bug fixes in it. 00WW_5_580_SP02 is the build number I have listed on my mobile. On a Australian purchased TA-1033.

mine just came thru. N6 TA-1033.

wish it had never happened.

phone is pretty much unusable, mainly due to ringer sound levels unbelievably high. Looking at other threads problem has been known for months and still not fixed.

Got update for Australian ta-1033 today 20/5/2018. On aldi mobile which runs off telstra, download was 1848mb. Has march security update included, also the April security update came through after the Oreo update. Great improvement over nought, new camera app that is way faster, doesn't seem to lag when taking shot, also when browsing and reading articles there is no lag and stutter as with nought. Great to see can now have battery % showing. So far very impressed and no problems. Was worth the wait for it here in Australia.
Обновление системы ПО на орео уменьшила звук в 5 раз

I updated my Nokia 6 TA-1033 to Oreo 8.1 today (02/05/2018) and for 2 hours or so my phone would not recognise my sim. I tried everything but the phone was glitching in the settings menu so made it hard to check network settings etc. I tried removing the SIM, re-inserting, switching my phone off and on... nothing. I was so close to performing a factory reset but then after about 2 hours I noticed a pop up asking if i'd like to restart my phone so new network settings could take effect. I clicked yes and my phone is basically back to normal again with 8.1 seeming to run ok now. I am on Vodafone network in Australia.

Just downloaded the Oreo 8.1 update for my Nokia 6, now my phone won't recognise my sim card. This seems to be a known issue with this update. I wish I had known this prior to downloading the update.

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment