So I still had not received any updates on my TA-1033 in Melbourne Australia with Telstra as my carrier since November last year. Last month, I followed some advice on an Android website, installed an update and once the phone rebooted, it started downloading the security updates and then as I got to the months that the OS updates were released, these were downloaded and updates occurred as one would expect they should be happening. I continue to receive standard updates now. I'm currently on Android 8.1.0 Build number 00WW_5_580_SP02. The biggest concern I had was not so much updates to Oreo, (although that is nice to have) but more about not getting security updates making the phone vulnerable to attacks. Absolutely no thanks to Nokia for fixing my update issues!
"I've always had my ring set to full and I haven't noticed any difference, everything seems to be normal since my update. "
wow. lowest setting (1 up from mute) is way too loud on mine. in open plan office I have to use Do Not Disturb.
actually past tense all that as I have just installed a 3rd party app which gives 100 steps on Vol, as opposed to 7/8 on native, so now I can control lower volume settings.
odd the difference tho given same device and build.
"00WW_5_580_SP02 is the build number I have listed on my mobile. On a Australian purchased TA-1033. "
I have the same but have had to install a 3rd party app to control ringer/notification volume as it was too loud.
also, are you getting notification count/dots on yr app icons cause I am not.
mine just came thru. N6 TA-1033.
wish it had never happened.
phone is pretty much unusable, mainly due to ringer sound levels unbelievably high. Looking at other threads problem has been known for months and still not fixed.
I updated my Nokia 6 TA-1033 to Oreo 8.1 today (02/05/2018) and for 2 hours or so my phone would not recognise my sim. I tried everything but the phone was glitching in the settings menu so made it hard to check network settings etc. I tried removing the SIM, re-inserting, switching my phone off and on... nothing. I was so close to performing a factory reset but then after about 2 hours I noticed a pop up asking if i'd like to restart my phone so new network settings could take effect. I clicked yes and my phone is basically back to normal again with 8.1 seeming to run ok now. I am on Vodafone network in Australia.
Just downloaded the Oreo 8.1 update for my Nokia 6, now my phone won't recognise my sim card. This seems to be a known issue with this update. I wish I had known this prior to downloading the update.