The community forum

Join the conversation

A camera button

One widely appreciated feature of Nokia's of old loved by users, tech bloggers, and the wider market was a hardware camera button.

• This gives immediate access to the camera in any use case
  • A two stage shutter key gives you more control over focus
  • Photographers by hobby or profession appreciate the tactile feel of a physical button
  • It would allow to launch into other features with a long press e.g. video

I believe a hardware camera button would go a long way to help make new Nokia Phones respected on the imaging front.

36 people like this idea

+1 to this, How can you call N8 flagship when it doesn't have dedicated camera button :) ? I hope they fix this in N9.

8 people like this

I totally agree with you Sisu.. I've wrote the same thing few minutes ago in another important Nokia Blog..

More than 4 points u stressed in your message, I would add the fact that (in my opinion of course) I feel the phone in my hand much better: the grip is better, you don't have to move hands and fingers around the screen in order to pick the focus or shoot the pic or something.. you only need a millimetric movement of just 1 finger and it's done..

6 people like this

nokia camera button was always very helpful no doubt about it.  Some people nowadays believe it is more practical to use the screen for shutting since is more versatile. I prefer physical buttons

4 people like this

It is more a case as to whom prefers what I think and like any mobile phone there will always be something for someone to complain about, Personally I dont really mind but everyone cant be a winner and its just how things roll, We all cant win unfortunalty and now that Nokia is back I think they are playing it safe for now and perhaps things might change later on. 

1 person likes this
Hopefully something that will come to new devices. I would like to think that a Nokia 9 would be very camera centric, with the renewed Zeiss partnership. Maybe a N808/L1020 level and of course featuring a cam button. But there's daydreaming and hoping.

4 people like this

Agreed, when u think about it it just adds more to pay in the bill of materials, so any costs saved are costs saved

I own Nokia 6 it can click by volume button but the proper shutter key on my Nokia 808 is just perfect need that in upcoming Nokia 9 to make it a true Nokia flagship

6 people like this
I would love to have a camera button - light press for focus/funktion, full press for take picture.

6 people like this
I aggreed! 

1 person likes this

I truly agree with you!! we all want a camera button in our smartphones 

3 people like this

I truly agree with you!! we all want a camera button in our smartphones 

1 person likes this

Completely agree.

In fact, I can't believe a supposed "flagship" with the Nokia badge in it would NOT have this when a dedicated camera button has been present on Nokia imaging phones since before the iPhone (that's over a decade).

This is the sort of things missing that makes me not remotely interested in the Nokia 8.

2 people like this

Thank you for sharing information ...

I agree... It was great on all my Nokia phones.. wish my Nokia 8 had one..

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment