The community forum

Join the conversation

Gesture/Motion Controls

A lot of Nokia users will be used to advanced gesture controls found on some Lumia phones. Most Windows phone and Windows 10 Mobile fans are in fact Nokia fans. To reach feature parity and attract those users new Nokia Phones should receive more gesture features.

In Android settings there already is a 'Gestures' section which allows you to double press the lock button to launch the camera. There is also a 'Motion' section which allows you to turn over to reject a call and mute on pickup.

The following could be added to these sections:

• Double tap to wake
  • Silence an incoming call by holding your hand over the phone
  • Answer an incoming call by lifting the phone to your ear
  • Route an active call to loudspeaker by moving the phone away from your ear
  • Keep the screen on whilst holding the phone (using front camera)

23 people like this idea

totally agreed, HMD global Oy should also start implementing and developing APPs for their current portfolio of Android devices, by doing that, they can keep Android OS plain while at the same time giving the chance to customers to download if they need or wish some extra apps from the play store, maybe themes for personalization, Camera UI like the lumia phones, perhaps something like Mixradio, Snake for android BUT from the truly Nokia team not third parties...and other productivity tools like encryption (business users like many Eseries from the past)  HMD has already posted two apps now in google play store, one for support and one for the camera.  It could be improved in the way I have suggested. Maybe other would welcome the idea too :)

Come on HMD global Oy, you can make sure Nokia will once more be the undisputed king of the smartphone world, just take the steps firmly and with confidence by listening all of us, many millions of Nokia users who love the brand, their products and know what to expect from Nokia

10 people like this
I got the Nokia support app but I'm not able to find Nokia camera app on the play store as said by the HMD Global above.

2 people like this

please take a look at play store from google

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=HMD+Global&hl=en

there are two app currently under HMD property

1 person likes this
I tried the link you send to me but on play store it says that the camera app is not compatible with Nokia 5. As it prompts 'Your device isn't compitable with thisversion.' Please help me out.

1 person likes this
I suggest that ambient display is must and along with double tap to wake up would be very nice

6 people like this

Night_Crawler 

I tried the link you send to me but on play store it says that the camera app is not compatible with Nokia 5. As it prompts 'Your device isn't compitable with thisversion.' Please help me out

Yes you are right. The specified application for Nokia 3. Need to wait for system updates.

1 person likes this
Where can i find out the double tap to unlock and lock on my nokia 3

1 person likes this
Get the app Glance Plus.

1 person likes this

I tried Glance Plus and it disabled fingerprint unlock.

Something nice to have would also bea gesture to lock the phone.

1 person likes this
Totally agree with you guys .  I hope Nokia will improve their devices allot by their updates . We believe in Nokia . ☺️

5 people like this

Hello. If you use a case then you can take the Hall sensor. I put in the case the magnet and not using the power button.

While creating Nokia's own apps , always make it a point to keep the android pure/basic. Useful lightweight apps with minimal intrusions are always welcome. It would be good if you could make a lightweight gallery app to start with.

2 people like this
Login to post a comment