The community forum

Join the conversation

Gesture/Motion Controls

A lot of Nokia users will be used to advanced gesture controls found on some Lumia phones. Most Windows phone and Windows 10 Mobile fans are in fact Nokia fans. To reach feature parity and attract those users new Nokia Phones should receive more gesture features.

In Android settings there already is a 'Gestures' section which allows you to double press the lock button to launch the camera. There is also a 'Motion' section which allows you to turn over to reject a call and mute on pickup.

The following could be added to these sections:

• Double tap to wake
  • Silence an incoming call by holding your hand over the phone
  • Answer an incoming call by lifting the phone to your ear
  • Route an active call to loudspeaker by moving the phone away from your ear
  • Keep the screen on whilst holding the phone (using front camera)

24 people like this idea

Yeah men... Please NOKIA do what he said. Almost an ecosystem for Nokia phones..

1 person likes this

totally agree with the idea too, HMD should develop apps for their customers but keep them optional for download and also as light as possible so those who would use them won't slow down their nokia android phones.  Developing apps specifically designed for nokia android phones should also take into account keep them updated as Android releases new versions of their OS

1 person likes this
Yes, add the old lumia apps in play store! Please!

1 person likes this
Very welcome features glance screen and lumia camera.

2 people like this
I can't get blue light filter on my nokia6

1 person likes this
In the call log there is an error in the call duration - for every call more than 1 minute duration a 3 gets added. For example if the call duration is 1mins 45 sec it shows up as 31 mins 45 sec, so please correct this annoying bug.

2 people like this
I am using Nokia 5. In the call log there is an error in the call duration - for every call more than 1 minute duration a 3 gets added. For example if the call duration is 1mins 45 sec it shows up as 31 mins 45 sec, so please correct this annoying bug.

1 person likes this
Im using Nokia 8, turn screen down/turn over phone to lock screen might be a good addition 

Community Hero

Yes please, advanced gestures for controlling the phone. Earlier Nokia smartphones included lots of great, intuitive gesture controls, and if HMD can make use of some of the work that Nokia did on 3D touch for WP8.1 on the Moonraker/Maclaren prototypes before they were taken over by MS and the projects cancelled, then HMD would have world-leading product that would differentiate them from the other Android devices.

1 person likes this
I am nokia 6 user I have open link provided by hmd global for there app Nokia support i already have But nokia camera app doesnt shown to me in olay store Please help me to get it #mobbile_CR
Login to post a comment