The community forum

Join the conversation

How to set a screen unlock pin please

Hi. I have just purchased the Nokia 6. I do not want to use Fingerprint to unlock the screen as I have very dry hands and I have a screen protector.  I want to use a pin to unlock the screen. Anyone know how to do this please? 

I have noted the Sim Card lock but I think this is something different.  All I want to do is set a pin to unlock the screen rather than a fingerprint.  Can anyone help please? 

You can select pin only. And your screen protector shouldn't cover the home button.

Hi Fatboyz. Thanks for your response but the problem I have is finding the PIN for the Screen Lock rather than the sim or device. What I previously found was a PIN referring to “a PIN before start up. Until device starts up, it can’t receive calls, messages, including alarms.”  This suggests something different to me, a PIN for the device start up after powering down, rather than a PIN for a Screen Lock.  Or am I mistaken?  Do I have this wrong?

In trying to locate a PIN Screenlock, I found this message: “Because you have turned on an accessibility service your device wont use your screen lock to enhance data encryption.”  Gordon Bennet what on earth does that mean? 

I have McAfee on the phone as I did with my previous Samsung J5 and had no problem with a PIN Screen Lock usage. 

So can anyone shed light on the reference to the “PIN before start up” please? I don’t think this refers to a PIN Screen Lock but something different.

What does accessibility service mean that I seem to have turned on which possibly prevents a PIN Screen Lock?  Surely not McAfee?  The very annoying Google Assistant?? I do appreciate any suggestions to finding a PIN for the Screen Lock.

Login to post a comment