The community forum

Join the conversation

Answered

Overheating

My Nokia 6 becomes hot during charging? Is it normal?

Best Answer

Please define hot: If you can keep holding a finger on it then it's warm, not hot.
There are security circuits in the phone to prevent overheating during recharge and use.

Nokia 6 does warm up during recharge.
To dissipate the heat put the phone front-side down - and remove the cover or wallet, if you added any?

If in doubt please consult the point of sale.

--
Hans

1 person has this question

Tech Wizard

Answer

Please define hot: If you can keep holding a finger on it then it's warm, not hot.
There are security circuits in the phone to prevent overheating during recharge and use.

Nokia 6 does warm up during recharge.
To dissipate the heat put the phone front-side down - and remove the cover or wallet, if you added any?

If in doubt please consult the point of sale.

--
Hans

1 person likes this

Hi 

Even i am facing this issue, even though the mob is switched off, on charging it heats up very quickly. On switching on, and put for charge also it heats up very quickly

On checking the temperature using app, it indicates 43-45 degree celsius.

Also on normal usage, just with whats app or songs it is around 36~37 degree Pls let me know if this is okay ?

1 person likes this
Hi hpholm! My problem is same like User 231. But when charging it in Safe Mode it is normal (not heating). But I put the mobile in charge in normal mode(not safe mode) then it was heating until 70 percent but after that phone becomes cool automatically.
Hi user 723 What is safe mode. Even I see sane behavior on charging till 70 or 80 percent charging there is rapid heating and it goes till 43 degree. But even on charging while mobile is switched off it is heating up rapidly. What is the temperature range you observing when heated up and when in normal use
I would like to inform you that in safe mode your all 3rd party applications will be disabled. To activate and deactivate safe mode kindly follow below mention steps: -: Press and Hold Power Key Button -: Then Press and Hold Power Off Option which will appear on display -: You will get Pop up REBOOT TO SAFE MODE>>Then Press OK -: Device will restart automatically then it will start in SAFE MODE -: Restart device to come out from SAFE MODE I also inform you that I have not checked my phone's temperature with any app but it becomes too hot which I think abnormal. I think it will be same as yours.
Hi Yes Even I feel it's abnormal. But same is seen even when the mobile is switched off and then put on charge.
Yes. It is over heating while mobile is switched off. I first charged my mobile by switching off it became too hot. My problem is like yours.

Yes. Its same. what is the resolution to this ? Seems this is common in nokia 6

Hi User 723,

What is the latest update ? Did your issue get resolved after factory reset ?

I contacted Nokia Mobile Care, they said to reset the phone then problem will be resolved. I replaced it on Amazon. In the user guide of Support app it is said that most heating cases are normal.
Hi sir I tried same tried safe mode and also factory reset but even after that the mob heating up rapidly Up to 45 deg have u tried seeing the temp while charging can u post let me know u can just download battery temperature app and when it warms up just check in the app.even I have replaced
User 723 Did u replace your phone ?? What is the behaviour now is it overheating while charging is it says behaviour as old

1 person likes this
Okay It's seems to be the common issue with Nokia 6 that it gets heated up while charging. Let's wait for September update may be this will be fixed.
For first 2 days I too had this heating issue.. then I found that the charger was plugged into the socket in wrong direction. Then I started using in a correct way and I didn't found any heating issue since then.. my device is 16days older one.. Just try it guyzz
Login to post a comment