The community forum

Join the conversation

Notification Lights, onscreen navigation keys

Guys please help me on this. 1. Option to Use the backlit hardware navigation keys on the Nokia 6 as notification Lights... For messages, miss call, other minor notifications. 2. Option to Enable software navigational keys (onscreen keys) like in the pixel phones. On the first request... I can't hardly express the importance of the notification light in my daily life, since I use my bokia 6 during work hours (as do most people) and I can't be caught always looking at my phone for any messages or other important things that I could miss without turning on the phone. I know it sounds very minor... But we (I speak for a group of NOKIA users in the Philippines) need this function, and it broke our hearts that we did not have in the the 6. But with a few software tweeks... This could be remedied. Guys in the forum please help me... Upvote so that the NOKIA crew could make this happen.

12 people have this question

Totally Agree!

2 people like this
Yes! U were right! Dear Nokia team listen to your consumer

2 people like this
I agree, button flashing as a tool to show that there are notifications would be velcomed.

2 people like this

Community Hero

I agree the notification light would be great, but does the Nokia 6 not have a "glance screen"?

1 person likes this
It sorta does, but it works only when your phone is charging, and shows nothing but the clock, iirc.

1 person likes this
No it doesn't have GLANCE...but nokia 8 does. I don't know why it was not implemented in the 6 since the I used IPS screen as well.

1 person likes this

Community Hero

I didn't realise that the 6 didn't have Glance. Not all screens support it - the Lumia 930 disappointed people when they discovered it didn't have Glance functionality, it was an own-goal for Nokia (just like the 950 not having super-sensitive touch).

If the screens support it then HMD should provide rich functionality - remember what Nokia did back in the day with Sleeping Screen for Symbian?

2 people like this

We need this feature

Login to post a comment