The community forum

Join the conversation

Navigation keys + fingerprint sensor bug?

i got my nokia 8 a week ago. it's been working great, but during these 7 days the navigation keys + fingerprint sensor stopped working 4 times. they started working again after restart. is this a software or hardware issue? does it happen to other people or is my phone faulty and need replacing or do i wait for software update?

3 people have this question

Same issue very the hardware is excellent no doubt but software very bug... Need to fix finger print and also camera also not good

got my Nokia 8 on the 13th September and after a few weeks I had the same problem also games would not load just a black screen plus changed wallpaper back to default I returned it to the carphone warehouse on the 7th October and they gave me a new one is working ok now but fingerprint takes time to turn screen on is quite slow at responding.

I did not have the malfunctioning issues that user above encountered but I do notice that the fingerprint sensor is not quite as good as other phones - it tends to have difficulty in sensing my fingerprint and I have to adjust my finger a few times before it will unlock. Hope this will be rectified soon.

The fingerprint sensor seems to be too sensitive. I have had better ones.
I didn't face problems till yet, just taking extra charge time
Touch and camera is very sober and descent then any other brand used

I didn't have the issue you are describing but had some other weird issue; 

sometimes when i unlock my phone using the fingerprint sensor the app that was running is suddenly in split screen mode for which you should normally hold the multi-task button for a few seconds. At first i though i was being clunky or something but it keeps happening from time to time (about once every 2 day). I've had this problem on android Nougat and the Orea Beta.

1 person likes this
I gave up had to take 2nd one back so got Samsung S8 much better phone a bit extra cash but we'll worth it.

1 person likes this
i have same issue before, when u dont hold your phone for a long time then trying to unluck it using fingerprint i causes delay. then i figure out that the Glance function should be off. and now its ok, if u want to use the Glance u should turn off all the appearance setting of glance.
I buyer. Nokia 6 navigation bar not working , fingerprint not working how can I work with phone

1 person likes this
I had my nokia8 two months ago. I deleted my saved fingerprints and re-saved newer. Now the sensor is more reactive.
My first Nokia 8 had the same problem. I had to restart the phone almost daily to reactivate the fingerprint scanner. Reentering the fingerprint did not solve the problem. I returned the phone and got a new one. Unfortunately the new one has a power button problem.... Although I like the Nokia 8 very much (when it works allright), I am very disappointed about quality control. What I like: screen quality, responsive, 3,5 mm connector, usb-c, very! good battery life, clean Android, sturdy. What I dislike: camera quality.

1 person likes this

I just figured out that the fingerprint sensor is not working in total darkness.
'I guess this is to protect the phone from being active in your pocket.
Give it a try, cover the light sensor and you will realize that there is no active fingerprint scan anymore.

So, if you guys have issues with the sensor, try to figure out whether it was too dark.

1 person likes this
There was definitely enough light when I had problems with the fingerprint scanner. When I put my finger on the scanner, the phone replied with something like "Cannot process fingerprint. Please try again". Trying again didn't help. Using another preset finger didn't help. I had to reset the phone almost each day.

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment