The community forum

Join the conversation

Front camera

Hi. I just got my nokia 8 but there is a problem with the front facing camera. The pictures always come out mirrored and ther is no option available in the settings to deactivate it. Is this happening only with my phone? Or will this be updated? Would appreciate if someone can help me out here. Otherwise would have to send the phone back and order a new one, but if that has the same problem then wouldnt be worth it. Thankyou in advance :)

6 people have this question

But camera is not too mark need to update their software alot

Nokia 8 has Daul 13 MP front camera  with many feature like f/2.0, Laser & phase detection autofocus, Carl Zeiss optics, IR range finder, OIS, Dual-LED (dual tone) flash, 1.12µm pixel size, Geo-tagging, Touch focus, Face detection, HDR, Panorama that is a good feature, Besides this if you have any queries you can visit our site and get know more about it.

http://www.sagmart.com/category/Mobiles/

i am facing  the same issue. got my phone today ? any fix you got ?

1 person likes this

i have the same problem too..

1 person likes this

Tech Wizard

The camera takes pictures the way other people see you - try take a selfie in front of for example a road sign?

I suggest install Snapseed or another editor to flip selfies, while waiting for an update to maybe add a mirror option in the camera settings.

Weird, mine come out the correct way round (Stock camera, TA-1012)

I am facing the same problem..just got my phone today

How very odd, mine is reversed when you look at it on the screen (as is expected) but it once it is taken the phone makes sure it is the correct way round (as is also expected), this was taken with the selfie camera and this is the resultant image.

I have the same problem

That's how it works.

Hold up something with text on it and the front camera will show the text backwards. Take the picture and it is flipped to show the text the correct way round.

Otherwise, all your front camera would actually be the wrong way round. You need to think of the front camera as though there are two of you, and you are taking a picture of yourself with the rear camera.

1 person likes this

depending on the ver of your camera application there is an option to have it whatever way you want.

depending what app and what version you are using to take photos... the standard app has a setting to allow you to change if you want it flipped or not.

I haven't found this option in my default app anywhere :/
Can you post a screenshot of the camera version please?
Login to post a comment